Week 4 Excuse thread - Ga only

Sammyswordsman

I didn't notice anyone sitting during the anthem. Of course I was too busy trying to decide where the flag was that I should be facing. There was a big flag on a digital screen that was malfunctioning, so I started out facing that, then I noticed the deputies facing the big damned chicken so I snapped a pic of that while trying to follow their view, and finally the flag was going up on a pole at the north end behind the chicken. They raised it during the anthem so there was a little confusion. I guess it's their tradition to do it that way.

The flag gets presented ahead of the anthem in most places I've been. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The biggie, which everyone is aware of, would be Irma. Some of the kids on the team made the trip to Snellville leaving behind homes with no power, and probably getting back home to no power today, although most power should be restored by the end of today. Not that it should make a huge difference, but it is difficult to function when you have home difficulties like that in the back of your mind. 

Just for reference, there were plenty of places in the Snellville area including Brookwood that lost power and had damage to the houses.  Some of the areas that lost power didn't get it back until Thursday as well.  Walton EMC, one of the power companies serving the area had 120 broken poles.

I think this one, while valid, may be a push.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Fred said:

Just for reference, there were plenty of places in the Snellville area including Brookwood that lost power and had damage to the houses.  Some of the areas that lost power didn't get it back until Thursday as well.  Walton EMC, one of the power companies serving the area had 120 broken poles.

I think this one, while valid, may be a push.

Fred...there were nervous feelings early Thursday morning...that our poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs... MIGHT not be ready to play.  Some...close to the program...were hoping that the Broncs were in a similar funk.  Alas, those hopes were quickly dashed in the 1st Qtr of Friday night's game.  Brookwood was ready, willing and quite able.

A lot of people wrote Brookwood off due to their first couple of games...but Lime Sink did not.  They have several fine athletes.  Just like Colquitt's  0-4 start last year...teams can get their "merde" together and play solid football once they gel.  Personally, I see some good things from the Broncos the rest of the way.  I also see some good things for the Hawgs.  How good?  Not totally sure...but...I haven't been sandbagging.

We ain't there yet.

Rufus>>

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Fred...there were nervous feelings early Thursday morning...that our poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs... MIGHT not be ready to play.  Some...close to the program...were hoping that the Broncs were in a similar funk.  Alas, those hopes were quickly dashed in the 1st Qtr of Friday night's game.  Brookwood was ready, willing and quite able.

A lot of people wrote Brookwood off due to their first couple of games...but Lime Sink did not.  They have several fine athletes.  Just like Colquitt's  0-4 start last year...teams can get their "merde" together and play solid football once they gel.  Personally, I see some good things from the Broncos the rest of the way.  I also see some good things for the Hawgs.  How good?  Not totally sure...but...I haven't been sandbagging.

We ain't there yet.

Rufus>>

Losing to Archer & Walton by 7 points is nothing to be ashamed about. Those 2 are proving to be top 5 7A teams. 

Brookwood clubbed South Gwinnett also, so theyve got a good squad. I think people underestimated Archer & Walton and shouldnt have wrote Bwood off because of it... they did a great job almost coming back and beating Archer.

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Losing to Archer & Walton by 7 points is nothing to be ashamed about. Those 2 are proving to be top 5 7A teams. 

Brookwood clubbed South Gwinnett also, so theyve got a good squad. I think people underestimated Archer & Walton and shouldnt have wrote Bwood off because of it... they did a great job almost coming back and beating Archer.

When Brookwood isn't at minimum a good team, there is a coaching defecit. And Brookwood has a history of stomping (and getting stomped)  some proud  South Georgia programs. 

23 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Some of us knew Archer had the stuff. We saw that Brookwood has a serious rb and receiver. The qb is pretty good as well. Their o-line is big. Their defense fast. The fact that Archer beat them solidified Archer in my mind... hence picking them over Mill Creek in the pick 'em. 

Rush was right at the seafood extravaganza. He said any one of 6 or 7 teams could be the one. As the season comes together, I think it's showing that he was right. 

As an aside... I'm waiting with bated breath for Lowndes to finally play a real opponent. Tired of hearing their fans crow when they think they are looking like Andre The Giant but it could be because they are standing in a crowd of midgets!

Image result for giant standing with midgets

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Some of us knew Archer had the stuff. We saw that Brookwood has a serious rb and receiver. The qb is pretty good as well. Their o-line is big. Their defense fast. The fact that Archer beat them solidified Archer in my mind... hence picking them over Mill Creek in the pick 'em. 

Rush was right at the seafood extravaganza. He said any one of 6 or 7 teams could be the one. As the season comes together, I think it's showing that he was right. 

As an aside... I'm waiting with bated breath for Lowndes to finally play a real opponent. Tired of hearing their fans crow when they think they are looking like Andre The Giant but it could be because they are standing in a crowd of midgets!

Image result for giant standing with midgets

Amigo....I truly hate to be the bearer of bad news...and you gotta know how much it pains me to say this...BUT....

Lowndes is the REAL DEAL in 2017.

And Randy Mac knows it.....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

Just now, Rufus69 said:

Amigo....I truly hate to be the bearer of bad news...and you gotta know how much it pains me to say this...BUT....

Lowndes is the REAL DEAL in 2017.

And Randy Mac knows it.....

Rufus>>

Their fans are becoming insufferable! 

If we ever had any magic dust to sprinkle, the game against Lowndes this season is the one where I would waste all of it if I was the magic dust sprinkler type dude. 

xD

On 9/16/2017 at 10:03 AM, Billyocean said:

lol I will brag all day long cause nobody wants to give Cartersville love cause they play 4A , but the calls go both ways, Lowndes, Grayson, Colquitt could give the call to play the Canes but they have not cause they don't want to get bet by the tallest midget!

Cartersville is 3 classifications below us, Lowndes and Colquitt.  Tell me again why we should be beating your door down to play you?  It is you that has something to prove, not us.  Heck, we all get ragged out for playing 1 class below much less 3!

On 9/16/2017 at 9:39 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

I didn't notice anyone sitting during the anthem. Of course I was too busy trying to decide where the flag was that I should be facing. There was a big flag on a digital screen that was malfunctioning, so I started out facing that, then I noticed the deputies facing the big damned chicken so I snapped a pic of that while trying to follow their view, and finally the flag was going up on a pole at the north end behind the chicken. They raised it during the anthem so there was a little confusion. I guess it's their tradition to do it that way.

The flag gets presented ahead of the anthem in most places I've been. 

Loved the chicken pics

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fred said:

Cartersville is 3 classifications below us, Lowndes and Colquitt.  Tell me again why we should be beating your door down to play you?  It is you that has something to prove, not us.  Heck, we all get ragged out for playing 1 class below much less 3!

What else do Cartersville have to prove. Like I have said in previous post Lowndes got beat last year by the same 7a team that Cartersville beat 31-0 so take it for what it is.

30 minutes ago, Billyocean said:

What else do Cartersville have to prove. Like I have said in previous post Lowndes got beat last year by the same 7a team that Cartersville beat 31-0 so take it for what it is.

What that is is daisy chaining (which is inherently weak anyway) a team from early in the season against that team from late in the season.  That's like saying the Buford team that beat y'all by in the quarters in 2014 is the same team that lost in the final to y'all in 2015 by 10 is the same team.  Nope, don't think so.