Louisiana's Dak Prescott closing in on NFL record..

TheRealCAJ

32 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

if you say so James..........O.o..tell me how good Eli really is.....LOL....

Eli Manning will be 37 this season and is on the tail end of his career. That being said he has amassed a lot of impressive stats and 2 Super Bowl wins.  Prescott has a lot of potential but has a very, very, long way to go before he can be mentioned in the same breath as Manning as far as accomplishments go.  Let's see how his career pans out and then you can do an apples to apples comparison.  First in foremost is durability, as Eli has rarely ever missed playing time.  Hopefully this young man stays healthy and can enjoy the same fate, but not many do.  The true test will be when he doesn't have one the best O-Lines in the game blocking for him at some point in his career.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Eli Manning will be 37 this season and is on the tail end of his career. That being said he has amassed a lot of impressive stats and 2 Super Bowl wins.  Prescott has a lot of potential but has a very, very, long way to go before he can be mentioned in the same breath as Manning as far as accomplishments go.  Let's see how his career pans out and then you can do an apples to apples comparison.  First in foremost is durability, as Eli has rarely ever missed playing time.  Hopefully this young man stays healthy and can enjoy the same fate, but not many do.  The true test will be when he doesn't have one the best O-Lines in the game blocking for him at some point in his career.  Time will tell.

Agree, that will come very soon. You can't keep Ezekiel, Bryant, Witten etc............ and that O-line intact. Something will have to give.

Next year Tyron Smith will hit their cap with 9 million more, Zach Fredrick with 8.7 million more,  Zack Martin 6.5 million more, and La'el Collins 3.5 million more. That's an increase of 27.7 million on their salary cap for their offensive lineman.

Someone will have to go, and Dak and Ezekiel will want a different contract very soon.

2 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

he has some unimpressive stats too...he's lead the league in INT's and more than once I believe...Dak had 23 TD and 4 Ints as a rookie...he protects the ball well....a sign of a good Q.B. IMO...

3 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

he has some unimpressive stats too...he's lead the league in INT's and more than once I believe...Dak had 23 TD and 4 Ints as a rookie...he protects the ball well....a sign of a good Q.B. IMO...

He's played one year and you annoint him the king. Let's see where he is after 3-5 years.

2 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Yes, some impressive stats. He averages 16.5 Interception per season. He threw 5 in a single game. In 2013 he threw 27. He has never thrown less than 9 in a season. He's the all time leader for interceptions vs. the Eagles. Impressive!

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Cracker said:

Yes, some impressive stats. He averages 16.5 Interception per season. He threw 5 in a single game. In 2013 he threw 27. He has never thrown less than 9 in a season. He's the all time leader for interceptions vs. the Eagles. Impressive!

Not telling me anything I don't know sport.  Been a Giants fan since birth and had season tix at the old stadium.  I'm not a huge Eli fan and God knows he makes plenty of boneheaded plays.  Always had had a million dollar arm and $1 head.  However after seeing such notable QBs as Dave Brown, Danny Kanell, Kent Graham, Jesse Palmer, etc. wear the Big Blue jersey over the years I can't complain too much. Still doesn't take away from Eli's relative success, 2 Super Bowl rings, and unmatched durability during his time with the Giants.  We will see who takes his place when he retires. Being 37 years old, I suppose that will be soon enough.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Wouldn't you say that when the Giants won super bowls - Eli had really good OL and really good receivers - not to mention a very very good defense???

Dak - is bigger more athletic than Eli and proving to be just as smart with the ball as anyone who has ever played the game.

The thread was started because he needs to throw two passes to start next game without INT and the record will be set.

I tell you something else.  You can't look at Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Eli Manning wrong without the refs throwing flag. We will see in time if the refs are willing to protect Dak the same???

As of right now based on performance Dak is moving up towards the elite - which is all you can ask of such a young NFL player.

Physically this dude's got it and now we are seeing mentally he has it too.

Arm strength - check

Size - check

Speed - check

Overall Athletic ability - check

Smarts - check 

Mentality - check

Leader - check

Protects the ball - check

• Like 1

On 9/15/2017 at 9:25 AM, Texasball said:

Wouldn't you say that when the Giants won super bowls - Eli had really good OL and really good receivers - not to mention a very very good defense???

Dak - is bigger more athletic than Eli and proving to be just as smart with the ball as anyone who has ever played the game.

The thread was started because he needs to throw two passes to start next game without INT and the record will be set.

I tell you something else.  You can't look at Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Eli Manning wrong without the refs throwing flag. We will see in time if the refs are willing to protect Dak the same???

As of right now based on performance Dak is moving up towards the elite - which is all you can ask of such a young NFL player.

Physically this dude's got it and now we are seeing mentally he has it too.

Arm strength - check

Size - check

Speed - check

Overall Athletic ability - check

Smarts - check 

Mentality - check

Leader - check

Protects the ball - check

Dak today had a perfect opportunity to prove that he can win games for Dallas when the burden falls on him, instead he threw two picks(Should've been 3 Talib dropped one) and Dallas's offense mustered up 10 points(7 Came after a fumble put Dallas at the Denver 3)

45 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Dak today had a perfect opportunity to prove that he can win games for Dallas when the burden falls on him, instead he threw two picks(Should've been 3 Talib dropped one) and Dallas's offense mustered up 10 points(7 Came after a fumble put Dallas at the Denver 3)

You really are a football idiot.  You don't know shit about this game.

Only a coward loser like yourself would call out QB like Dak that has performed to such a high level.  

My bitch - it's team game and the cowboys didn't come to play.  I guess Elliot sucks too because he didn't do shit today either.

You did see the first INT went right thru the hands off Dez Bryant.  You did see that the TE dropped TD pass too.

lol the guy set the all-time NFL record first 500 passes of his career with the least amount of INTs - 

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

When the entire team New England went thru the motions in week one - why didn't Brady lead his team to victory?  Why mf why ?  You don't know shit ass wipe little girl.   

The Answer little man is 

Football is the Ultimate Team sport!!!

I guess it Aaron Rodgers fault his team is getting trucked tonight too.  Already thrown 1 pick - shit maybe he should play defense too!

On 9/17/2017 at 7:29 PM, Texasball said:

You really are a football idiot.  You don't know shit about this game.

Only a coward loser like yourself would call out QB like Dak that has performed to such a high level.  

My bitch - it's team game and the cowboys didn't come to play.  I guess Elliot sucks too because he didn't do shit today either.

You did see the first INT went right thru the hands off Dez Bryant.  You did see that the TE dropped TD pass too.

lol the guy set the all-time NFL record first 500 passes of his career with the least amount of INTs - 

Whose calling him out you idiot?

So because Elitott didn't get a ton of yards Dak shit the bed today? Like I said in an earlier post, it's different when the burden is on you to have to win the games. Mariota, Winston and WIlson have to be the man on offense or their offenses sputter, Dak doesn't have that burden(He did today though)

There was two interceptions dropped  in the flats or he would've had 4 picks today. 

That's easily attributed to him not having to force anything because the Cowboys aren't relying on him to win games. 

Dak is a good QB, but he's not Wilson

44 minutes ago, Texasball said:

When the entire team New England went thru the motions in week one - why didn't Brady lead his team to victory?  Why mf why ?  You don't know shit ass wipe little girl.   

The Answer little man is 

Football is the Ultimate Team sport!!!

I guess it Aaron Rodgers fault his team is getting trucked tonight too.  Already thrown 1 pick - shit maybe he should play defense too!

Brady and Rodgers have been the men leading their offenses for many years now, and are tasked to be the offenses for their teams(Win games by throwing the ball 40 to 50 times). Dak isn't asked to do that.