Bergen - MD

covercorner

2 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

And if Byrnes goes 13-1,14-0, 12-2 that Brynes still stinks? Let's give them some credit for the comeback win. And BC's loss last week just might be worse than Bosco's considering how high BC was ranked.

I never said stinks ... I said not THAT good... big difference. BC loss definitely a bad one. But A wood probably Beats seton hall prep handily by multiple tds. 

Just now, Mjd33 said:

I never said stinks ... I said not THAT good... big difference. BC loss definitely a bad one. But A wood probably Beats seton hall prep handily by multiple tds. 

I know you played the game but does the word MATCHUPS ever come into play? Every game is completely different. Matchups, injuries, turnovers. It seems like you and many other completely ignore these facts.

Just now, aZjimbo said:

I know you played the game but does the word MATCHUPS ever come into play? Every game is completely different. Matchups, injuries, turnovers. It seems like you and many other completely ignore these facts.

Fact is bosco didn't look like world beaters last week against seton hall prep. Maybe other campanile has SHP trending in right direction and Friday didn't play but bosco was in a dog fight. 

Lets see how bosco does against a team with twice the talent (if not more) than brynes tonight. Could be a long night in Ramsey .... 

My guess SFA in a different stratosphere than brynes. Just a hunch. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Sorry Jimbo but calpreps says MD would win that matchup

neutral field
[2017] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 28, [2011] Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, NJ) 21

OK if calpreps says it then it must be bible. Not like calpreps favors any cali teams right? The 2011 Bosco team gave up 24 points in their last 7 games and they are going to give up 28 to MD? Really?

Just now, Mjd33 said:

Fact is bosco didn't look like world beaters last week against seton hall prep. Maybe other campanile has SHP trending in right direction and Friday didn't play but bosco was in a dog fight. 

Lets see how bosco does against a team with twice the talent (if not more) than brynes tonight. Could be a long night in Ramsey .... 

SHP last 2 years tho has given DBP a hell of a game. I agree tonight is gonna be a very tough game in Ramsey. 

Just now, aZjimbo said:

OK if calpreps says it then it must be bible. Not like calpreps favors any cali teams right? The 2011 Bosco team gave up 24 points in their last 7 games and they are going to give up 28 to MD? Really?

I hear ya but its the only thing we could go by. The game can never be played on the field. 

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

Could be this Bosco is just not that good plain and simple. I'm just saying Brynes has done everything they can so far. Let's see how it plays out.

Good article about Toal that the non NJ posters probably haven't seen yet.  I thnk that BC will hyper improve with that coaching staff they have.  Will be coached up significantly each week.

Greg Toal is the most dangerous big game coaching opponent in America.  The Mater Dei game is a big part of the reason he was hired. 

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/former-rivals-lead-bergen-catholic-n-j-football-theres-no-way-i-thought-id-be-on-this-side

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Good article about Toal that the non NJ posters probably haven't seen yet.  I thnk that BC will hyper improve with that coaching staff they have.  Will be coached up significantly each week.

Greg Toal is the most dangerous big game coaching opponent in America.  The Mater Dei game is a big part of the reason he was hired. 

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/former-rivals-lead-bergen-catholic-n-j-football-theres-no-way-i-thought-id-be-on-this-side

Def is going up 27 PPG under toal and lost their best defensive player this offseason.