Bergen - MD

covercorner

Just now, HSFBfan said:

gotta worry about the lines up front. Like i said multiple times if DPC without Hickman can put up 400 yards of offense what will this team do to you. This is like Drago vs Apollo and we saw how that turned out

Bc offense is there strong suit they played very vanilla last week. Nunz better pull out all the tricks as his offense will be his best D. Keep drives moving mixing run and pass and hit occasional big play as sustaining ball control drives vs this team will not be easy. Johnny L needs to be a weapon he is one of the most physically gifted players on the field. He needs to run enough to put pressure on D. Listen I just saw Wood who was dominated by PC rally the troops and look like different team last week against BC. I honestly though BC would beat them by a similar score that most are predicting for this gm so anything can happen especially a proud program loaded with coaching talent as well as having a good football team.

1 minute ago, Kingwill said:

Bc offense is there strong suit they played very vanilla last week. Nunz better pull out all the tricks as his offense will be his best D. Keep drives moving mixing run and pass and hit occasional big play as sustaining ball control drives vs this team will not be easy. Johnny L needs to be a weapon he is one of the most physically gifted players on the field. He needs to run enough to put pressure on D. Listen I just saw Wood who was dominated by PC rally the troops and look like different team last week against BC. I honestly though BC would beat them by a similar score that most are predicting for this gm so anything can happen especially a proud program loaded with coaching talent as well as having a good football team.

Yea can they bounce back after a bad loss maybe. But travelling 3000 miles to play the #1 team on their turf i just dont see how they match up at all. This kid JT is the real deal and he just got one of his best offensive weapons back in St. Brown. JL cant be out there running around all day and taking brutal hits. If he goes down the season could be done. I agree yes hes that critical to the offense. MD just sound completely loaded on defense as well and BC only scored 21 on AW. I think i posted something like 50-17 yesterday. Its gonna be bad. 

Preview of Byrnes game this weekend

3A No. 9 Broome (4-0) at 5A No. 2 Byrnes (4-0), 7:30

Radio/TV/Internet: ESPN Upstate 97.1 FM, 950 AM (Byrnes); www.coxsportsbroadcasting.com (Broome)

Last week: Byrnes beat Northwestern 48-14; Broome beat Indian Land 27-16.

Last meeting: Broome won 34-28 last season.

About the Rebels: Byrnes has simply been lights-out this season, winning a close game against a national power and posting three blowouts. In wins against in-state competition, the Rebels have overwhelmed those teams with a balanced offense and a suffocating defense.

About the Centurions: Broome is off to an undefeated start under new head coach Lynn Fleming. The Centurions lost QB Brenden Taylor during last week’s game and turned to Ju’Qun Wilkins at the position. Wilkins helped lead the team to a comeback victory, including ripping off a 96-yard touchdown run.

By the numbers: 21. Byrnes has allowed just 21 points to in-state squads, including a shutout of Myrtle Beach.

The Pick: Byrnes 35, Broome 21

7 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Brynes might win states but they weren't that good. Bad loss for bosco .... 

And if Byrnes goes 13-1,14-0, 12-2 that Brynes still stinks? Let's give them some credit for the comeback win. And BC's loss last week just might be worse than Bosco's considering how high BC was ranked.

• Like 1

Just now, aZjimbo said:

And if Byrnes goes 13-1,14-0, 12-2 that Brynes still stinks? Let's give them some credit for the comeback win. And BC's loss last week just might be worse than Bosco's considering how high BC was ranked.

Exactly. That loss yea DBP could have won but its looking like Byrnes is a solid squad whose beating up teams down there

Just now, aZjimbo said:

I just don't get these guys not giving credit to Byrnes? They've played 4 and won 4. What else can they do?

Nothing. Like initial reaction is yea bad loss for DBP. Could have grinded out that win and it would have been an impressive win at this point in time. But Byrnes came back and won and have been rolling since the beginning of the season. I hope they are state champs. I hope all of NJ OOS opponents go on to win their state. MD SFA SJP Byrnes etc