Bergen - MD

covercorner

4 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Like I said.  This thread went completely away from the actual game topic.  Why do we have 8 pages on a top that only requires 2.  Start a different thread topic so come game time people don't have to go through 13 pages to see what's going on.

Let me try and help...

Mater Dei will drop 50+ on BC plus with #8 back JT will throw for 250 by half!!!

#tryingtotrollthisthreadbacktothecorrecttopic

18 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Like I said.  This thread went completely away from the actual game topic.  Why do we have 8 pages on a top that only requires 2.  Start a different thread topic so come game time people don't have to go through 13 pages to see what's going on.

I'm sure another thread will be started....this is more of a pregame thread

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Let me try and help...

Mater Dei will drop 50+ on BC plus with #8 back JT will throw for 250 by half!!!

#tryingtotrollthisthreadbacktothecorrecttopic

I'm no Bergen fan, but thats pretty cocky.

We'll see, but as someone pointed out BC has never embarrassed themselves in OOS games

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Certaintly disappointing.

Big loss as biggest jump a player makes in HS is usually between the soph to JR year for obvious reasons. Physical Maturity being the biggest. 

Author says 5 star in title but 4 star in storyline. 

4 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Alfano could be on a plane right now and In a few days be suiting  up to showcase his talents against the best team in the country ...... instead he's getting ready to wear street clothes on sidelines with his local public HS when they play Govenor Livingston. 

As many of today would say: he still has all those scholarship offers.

18 minutes ago, Zipcep said:

I'm no Bergen fan, but thats pretty cocky.

We'll see, but as someone pointed out BC has never embarrassed themselves in OOS games

Hearing these MD fans you would think BC is playing the greatest team to ever lace them up in the history of high school football. If MD does not win by at least 4td's and totally dominate this game then they are a farce going by what I am hearing from their fans.  

6 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Hearing these MD fans you would think BC is playing the greatest team to ever lace them up in the history of high school football. If MD does not win by at least 4td's and totally dominate this game then they are a farce going by what I am hearing from their fans.  

Maybe not the Best Team Ever but this team is once in a generation!

• Like 1

I'd say once in a generation. Back in 96 when they had Perry, McNair, Mitchell, and Vandermade they were a beast and 98 with Milhouse, Mitchell, Vandermade, and my all time favorite Monarch, Matt Grootegoed they were downright scary.  

41 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

This could the best MD team of all time...not bad for a school that already has 2 USAT National Championships

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

I'd say once in a generation. Back in 96 when they had Perry, McNair, Mitchell, and Vandermade they were a beast and 98 with Milhouse, Mitchell, Vandermade, and my all time favorite Monarch, Matt Grootegoed they were downright scary.  

when i was a Freshman, Mike Mcnair was a demigod...the 96 team is why i went to MD and not Servite despite living across the street from Servite...

I was on the Sophomore Football team in 98 at MD and that varsity team was great. Got to practice with all those guys in the spring and summer. they were awesome, great group of guys. Helped out the Sophomore team a lot. Mitch taught me how to power clean

If this team runs the table i would rank them above the '92, 94, 96, 98 and even the '99 (my favorite team since i was on it) as the best MD team of all time...and thats because the schedule is at a high level this year with the OOS teams and the fact they will have to beat 3-4 nationally ranked team to win the state bowl...that would be impressive...

PS...you may like this story...

My Jr year Groots and I were both FS (i happened to be 3 slots below him on the depth chart xD)...we were running tackling drills...i was running the ball and may have given Groots a harder pop then he was expecting...He smile and gave me a pat on the back...then it was his turn to carry the ball...i dont know what happened next...i just know i woke up talking to the trainers on the sidelines...Man i miss the 90's before everyone realized how harmful concussions are...

5 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

when i was a Freshman, Mike Mcnair was a demigod...the 96 team is why i went to MD and not Servite despite living across the street from Servite...

I was on the Sophomore Football team in 98 at MD and that varsity team was great. Got to practice with all those guys in the spring and summer. they were awesome, great group of guys. Helped out the Sophomore team a lot. Mitch taught me how to power clean

If this team runs the table i would rank them above the '92, 94, 96, 98 and even the '99 (my favorite team since i was on it) as the best MD team of all time...and thats because the schedule is at a high level this year with the OOS teams and the fact they will have to beat 3-4 nationally ranked team to win the state bowl...that would be impressive...

PS...you may like this story...

My Jr year Groots and I were both FS (i happened to be 3 slots below him on the depth chart xD)...we were running tackling drills...i was running the ball and may have given Groots a harder pop then he was expecting...He smile and gave me a pat on the back...then it was his turn to carry the ball...i dont know what happened next...i just know i woke up talking to the trainers on the sidelines...Man i miss the 90's before everyone realized how harmful concussions are...

Good story. Groots was fun to watch and what he did against Poly,  that one year was unreal. Never saw a better performance by a player on any level. I think if MD does run the table this year this team just may be their best of all time with Daniels being the difference maker. But a lot of football left.  

• Like 1

Just now, Kingwill said:

It will be within 2 TDs at half.. question is will BC be able to keep gm close going into 4th qtr..

gotta worry about the lines up front. Like i said multiple times if DPC without Hickman can put up 400 yards of offense what will this team do to you. This is like Drago vs Apollo and we saw how that turned out

• Thanks 1