Bergen - MD

covercorner

On 9/13/2017 at 12:35 PM, covercorner said:

I'm curious to hear what Bergen has to say after the game win or lose. Because every team who takes on MD for the first time - always says how physical and hard hitting MD is. It was apparent how physical they were against Gorman. 

Head Coach was quoted “I’ve coached against some really good teams and I think that was the best team I have ever coached against. They were very complete. Very physical on defense....

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/no-1-mater-dei-calif-amon-ra-st-brown-blast-n-j-power-bergen-catholic

On 9/13/2017 at 3:17 PM, Panama Red said:

Wishful thinking my man no way Bergen is only scoring 17 points

No offense TDs against first team defense... 

On 9/13/2017 at 3:32 PM, covercorner said:

17 points is generous scoring on MD. Bergen/QB will have to make plays outside the pocket, and create/score from broken plays or one BIG play. Thats the only way to score on MD. Wont be able to consistently drive the ball down the field to score more than 17 points. The front 7 front is strong and backers can run. I don't think Bergen has WRs that can stretch the field. I know the two RBs are solid, but it will be interesting how they utilize them for this game.   

17 points was generous. I think I was spot on my thoughts on the game. And I saw another post that said #47 Mase Funa was average?!? Whoever said that.. what's your thoughts on him now?? 

2 hours ago, covercorner said:

Head Coach was quoted “I’ve coached against some really good teams and I think that was the best team I have ever coached against. They were very complete. Very physical on defense....

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/no-1-mater-dei-calif-amon-ra-st-brown-blast-n-j-power-bergen-catholic

No offense TDs against first team defense... 

17 points was generous. I think I was spot on my thoughts on the game. And I saw another post that said #47 Mase Funa was average?!? Whoever said that.. what's your thoughts on him now?? 

Good linebacker. Decent size. Average speed.

On 9/17/2017 at 1:45 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

That was a good read. I don't think there's any doubt that MD would also win this game if traveling to NJ but it is so tough to traveling cross country for hs kids. Maybe it gets a little easier for some of the programs like IMG and BG that do it multiple times year in and year out but for the other teams that do it once a year it can be tough with time changes etc. Hats off to BC for not giving up in this game. And I think they got a great coach in Nunzio. 

17 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

15 hour lay over.  OK maybe it's time to stop east vs west coast.  No excuses but that had  to be rough.

agree with Baller though...what an experience!  

The best part of the article is when the reporter quotes the coaches saying (after showing the kids film of The Stache)..... we're f*cked

Great article. I think Nunz has said all the right things. Sometimes you just run into a team that is more talented and better than you. Hopefully this article will be read by parents who sit on the sideline and bitch and moan about everything the coaches do instead of realizing just how much time and effort goes into playing a game like this, and how much time these coaches and others put in to the game and the players. Kudos to Mr. La Testa for all his hard work and efforts. 

• Like 1