Bergen - MD

covercorner

This is a pretty funny take from the local Orange Country Register. 

NO. 1 MATER DEI (3-0) VS. BERGEN CATHOLIC OF ORADELL, NJ (1-1)
Where, when: Mission Viejo High, Saturday, 7:30 p.m.
Analysis: This game is part of the Brothers In Arms Classic series of games that continues through the end of this month at various locations. Bergen Catholic is ranked No. 3 in the New Jersey Super Football Conference. The Crusaders play in the Super-United Red League, which sounds like a group of Marvel super heroes. Bergen might need the help of The Incredible Hulk and Thor to beat Mater Dei, which has super quarterback JT Daniels, iron men on the offensive line and receivers who have the agility of spider guys.
Winner: Mater Dei

Mater Dei's Nikko Remigio pulls in a pass for a first down near the end zone to set up a Monarch touchdown against Bishop Gorman in Santa Ana on Friday, September 1, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG) Mater Dei’s Nikko Remigio pulls in a pass for a first down near the end zone to set up a Monarch touchdown against Bishop Gorman in Santa Ana on Friday, September 1, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

This is a pretty funny take from the local Orange Country Register. 

NO. 1 MATER DEI (3-0) VS. BERGEN CATHOLIC OF ORADELL, NJ (1-1)
Where, when: Mission Viejo High, Saturday, 7:30 p.m.
Analysis: This game is part of the Brothers In Arms Classic series of games that continues through the end of this month at various locations. Bergen Catholic is ranked No. 3 in the New Jersey Super Football Conference. The Crusaders play in the Super-United Red League, which sounds like a group of Marvel super heroes. Bergen might need the help of The Incredible Hulk and Thor to beat Mater Dei, which has super quarterback JT Daniels, iron men on the offensive line and receivers who have the agility of spider guys.
Winner: Mater Dei

Mater Dei's Nikko Remigio pulls in a pass for a first down near the end zone to set up a Monarch touchdown against Bishop Gorman in Santa Ana on Friday, September 1, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG) Mater Dei’s Nikko Remigio pulls in a pass for a first down near the end zone to set up a Monarch touchdown against Bishop Gorman in Santa Ana on Friday, September 1, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)

Who's the hack that wrote this article? Some 13yr old freshman at MD in his first year of journalism class. Granted, I do think that MD is going to win but geez do some homework and give some kind of analysis with some substance rather than citing comic book heroes. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Who's the hack that wrote this article? Some 13yr old freshman at MD in his first year of journalism class. Granted, I do think that MD is going to win but geez do some homework and give some kind of analysis with some substance rather than citing comic book heroes. 

Steve Fryer. He is one of the most veteran high school sports writers in the state. He has been covering high school sports for over 35 years. Very well respected in the industry. That is what makes this funny because it is very out of character for him. 

http://www.ocregister.com/author/steve-fryer/

21 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Steve Fryer. He is one of the most veteran high school sports writers in the state. He has been covering high school sports for over 35 years. Very well respected in the industry. That is what makes this funny because it is very out of character for him. 

http://www.ocregister.com/author/steve-fryer/

I believe it, just sounds like he wrote that article sitting on a bar stool after a few drinks. Maybe he was wearing this when he wrote it. 

everybody-drink.png.77c198794edf10287d76a55adc19a8af.png 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1DayPGA said:

If you knew Steve Fryers personality, you would understand the way he writes. He's a local HS spotters writer and has always had a quirky writing style, but this was probably the most quirky Ive seen him write. Its better than a lot of the sportswriter out there who have no personality and write with a dry and boring style. People in OC understand it and got it.. Out of staters probably not. 

On 9/15/2017 at 5:37 AM, Kingwill said:

The 2011 Bosco team would beat them..

Don't know about that one. MD has a defense that would shut that shitty offense down. MD wouldn't light that defense up, but I can see them scoring 17-24 points and winning something like MD 17/24 to DBP 7 or so.

On 9/15/2017 at 5:42 AM, Kingwill said:

It will be within 2 TDs at half.. question is will BC be able to keep gm close going into 4th qtr..

Yea, try 5 TD's.

4 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Don't know about that one. MD has a defense that would shut that shitty offense down. MD wouldn't light that defense up, but I can see them scoring 17-24 points and winning something like MD 17/24 to DBP 7 or so.

Yea, try 5 TD's.

I would give slight edge to bosco defense in 11 but give clear edge to MD offense in 17. 

This MD team is absurd ... and I'm not just saying that because they beat BC. Best team I've seen in years .... ? 

11 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

@steeler01 I can see sjb hanging around for 2-3 Qs with MD But I see monarchs winning by 17 ish maybe even more. You? 

Sjb so one dimensional on offense (granted they are legit at it) and re al so inconsistent passing .... I can't see them keeping pace with md offense. 

MD is the favorite no doubt, it'll come down to how well SJB rushes the passer with their front 4(I think they lack a pass rusher this season too). MD by 10+

The only weakness for MD IMO is their HB. He's a mediocre scat back(Good speed though)

On 9/15/2017 at 11:24 AM, aZjimbo said:

I remember NJ used to take pride in its OOS record. Now they seem to play for a BNU warmup game. 

Maybe other programs in more fertile areas, have applied the same recruiting technique. Or have the BNU schools gone back to playing with kids from their parish? Not much gray area.

On 9/14/2017 at 10:43 AM, nptb17 said:

Put it like this.  I have never seen St. X get blanked in an OOS game until last year.  Shit happens sometimes.  I don't think SJB was 34 to 0 better than St. X but that was how the game played.  

IMG doesn't have as crisp an offense as MD.  That is just a cold hard fact.  If St. Brown plays, it's only going to be worse.

I'm just saying!