Texas: A good gig if you can get it.

NotBigdaddybloom

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I agree with this.  I haven't seen Judson live. Hard to gauge teams you don't actually see.  With that said hard to believe right now any team in Texas is better than Allen.  I watch them every year and this is the best defense I have seen from them.  Big and Physical.   Offense not as explosive, but stud RB and bigger QB than usual who doesn't make mistakes.  They could lose this is Texas but they are gonna be a tough out for anyone in State if they stay healthy.  We will know about Judson in 3 weeks when they play Steele.  And tonight Allen will play 2-0 Coppell who is always a solid program here in the DFW. 

Allen's OC needs to get his head out of his ass, though. No more of this moving pocket B.S. and extremely unbalanced attack.

1 hour ago, Cracker said:

Allen's OC needs to get his head out of his ass, though. No more of this moving pocket B.S. and extremely unbalanced attack.

I think especially in the ECA game that was necessary to get away from that Ferocious DL.   That was not the case mostly against Cedar Hill.  I think they are able to adjust to the opponent.  Like when they decided to run thru both squads they did.  I haven't seen the other powers in person. So I reserve judgment till I see them.  I don't know anyone in Texas in the 1st 2 weeks that have played 2 quality squads.  

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

I think especially in the ECA game that was necessary to get away from that Ferocious DL.   That was not the case mostly against Cedar Hill.  I think they are able to adjust to the opponent.  Like when they decided to run thru both squads they did.  I haven't seen the other powers in person. So I reserve judgment till I see them.  I don't know anyone in Texas in the 1st 2 weeks that have played 2 quality squads.  

I dunno. I didn't like the offensive scheme last year, and I don't like it this year. It's like the OC can't properly evaluate the talent on the field. I miss Fleener!

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Lake Travis...Judson,Steele you can add to the list.

On the subject of Texas traveling OOS: Texas plays their next door neighbors, which happens to be Oklahoma and Louisiana more often than not. I'd imagine that's how it works for most schools no matter what state they're in. There are some Texas teams that travel, but they usually aren't the big names. Stephenville, a once Texas powerhouse, traveled to Florida a few years ago, I think.

The only Texas big name to travel in recent memory was Trinity going to Bellevue. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Texas play in a bowl game of sorts if it were possible. I wold have loved to have seen 2016 Lake Travis or 2015 Katy take on somebody.

7 hours ago, 954gator said:

I would love to see how some FL teams would do with coaches with that type of salary.    

I'd love to see how some of the poorer (but talented) Texas schools would do with those six-figure coaches.

How in the world does STA not have a top level coach? Aren't they a wealthy private school?

6 minutes ago, Champa said:

I'd love to see how some of the poorer (but talented) Texas schools would do with those six-figure coaches.

How in the world does STA not have a top level coach? Aren't they a wealthy private school?

They have a pretty good coaching staff though, maybe it didn't look it vs SJB, but looks like the O coordinator went very conservative due to STA's D playing well and the weather conditions.    Still would have liked to see a little more aggression on offense.