DLS-Gorman

Rippers

16 minutes ago, Pops said:

youblaugh when we use preseason rankings because you've quoted me so many times yesterday you forgot the topic was teams perception when the game was scheduled

You already lied about the 2010 game's perception and now you want to manipulate this one too.

Teams on 54 games winning streaks and coming off 3-straight national championships get ranked high in the preseason. Apparently this is news to you despite the fact that you are a fanboy for the program that has benefited the most from inheritance polling.

Everybody knew that Gorman was going to be down.It wasn't a theory either. It was pretty much established that they were going to regress. 

Yet somehow you pretend that this is a shocking development and was only conjured up this week.

You are so transparent.

Just now, LOSer said:

Not even the Summer.

From January.

Yet you pretend that people just invented this line last week.

Pathetic.

I think that post is pathetic

sure, DLS could scheduled BG last year -- their best team in history v DLS's worst (or one of) in last 25, but that's kind of stupid

otherwise, since the 2010 game, this is BG's most advantageous year

2010 -- DLS won

2011 -- DLS wins

2012 -- DLS wins 

2013 -- DLS wins

2014 -- push

2015 -- DLS wins

2016 -- BG wins

2017 -- BG clearly favored when game scheduled

that's reality, so anyone suggesting DLS manipulating timing just has a DLS stiffy that won't go down

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Pops said:

would you like to use preseason or end of year '16 -- either way, my point is made

Either way you got it wrong.

You either don't pay any attention to actual high school football or you are purposefully  ignoring all the evidence and testimony of people who knew the situation.

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

That's just not true as Max has explained

does East owning common opponents on east confirm they would have beaten them?

i think the words you're looking for are "indicated" are is "evidence" -- Bingham losing to east didn't confirm anything about 2016

I Watched the game til stream  went down  .... bingham was significantly better and East brought back many starters from last season so you would think they would be even better than last year.  

Pops, it's ok for dls to have ONE really down year relative to the norm.... not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pops said:

East also beat a Southern State champ (again, by > DLS) so I wouldn't recommend that be the South's new strategy of avoiding competitive games

Another example of Pop's exemplary use of weasel words.

"Southern state champ" (Pulaski Academy!)

What a crock.

Instead of talking about last year's BG and DLS  team or who would've won in 2012 , 13, or whatever. Who is going to win this Sat. and why?

I think if DLS can execute the veer and not commit turnovers they can control the game and wear BG out. DLS has 2 good backs and a soph. rb that looks to be pretty good. Obviously you can't run on every single play so the question is can DLS pass? That is still a work in progress. They do have few receivers that can catch including a big TE that can be dangerous. Defensively, DLS front 7 is pretty solid. They're secondary is suspect. What they do good is hit and the whole teams swarms to the ball carrier. I don't see BG being able to run on DLS unless it's the QB scrambling. Now we know BG does not have a solid run game this year which bodes well for their opponent. They do have the receiving corps the question is can this soph. QB sling it and get the ball to them. 4-8 with 1 TD last week is not a big barometer to judge him on so we'll have to wait and see.

On thing that is puzzling me about BG is even when they had DTR at QB they managed to score only 1 TD in the 1st qtr in their first 3 games. And have only scored 2 TD's one time before the half this year. Now I know they have played 3 top teams but is it their offense is not very good or are they just a notoriously slow starting team that picks it up in the 2nd half.    

27 minutes ago, Pops said:

does East owning common opponents on east confirm they would have beaten them?

How did they own common opponents when they were both undefeated?

See, people who knew what they were talking about (like myself) scoffed at clowns like you who tried to shame Bingham about skipping a potential postseason game with East last year.

We knew that it was just a ploy by little brother to get a seat at the big boy table. So in that sense, yes, they were exposed.

People who understand what they're watching know what the context of that game was. East got smashed.

And I don't care what Max said. He didn't make a convincing argument.

1 minute ago, LOSer said:

You already lied about the 2010 game's perception and now you want to manipulate this one too.

Teams on 54 games winning streaks and coming off 3-straight national championships get ranked high in the preseason. Apparently this is news to you despite the fact that you are a fanboy for the program that has benefited the most from inheritance polling.

Everybody knew that Gorman was going to be down.It wasn't a theory either. It was pretty much established that they were going to regress. 

Yet somehow you pretend that this is a shocking development and was only conjured up this week.

You are so transparent.

Irony

call me a liar and then right afterward, say that EVERYONE knew BG was going to down this year

by everyone, of course you have to exclude all the pollsters that named them a top team, as well as every poster here, except steeler, but everyone else like..... well there was steeler, and then you who's truth is always driven by motive

🤥 🤥 🤥 

Liar!

22 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I think the lopsided result probably confirms east wouldn't have beaten bingham last season .... bingham still top dog in Utah. 

I think most people understood what it represented.

Those with agendas (like Pop) don't see it that way.

But if East had won? Damn right Pop would have been tooting that horn.

The guy is a hypocrite.

5 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Either way you got it wrong.

You either don't pay any attention to actual high school football or you are purposefully  ignoring all the evidence and testimony of people who knew the situation.

Give me this evidence and testimony that I ignored 

ill put that up against every poll and everyone here not named steeler

you are a butt-hurt clown ass

2 minutes ago, LOSer said:

I think most people understood what it represented.

Those with agendas (like Pop) don't see it that way.

But if East had won? Damn right Pop would have been tooting that horn.

The guy is a hypocrite.

1 minute ago, LOSer said:

True since Bingham didn't lose to East.

Trying to be cute (not your forte), you just contradicted yourself

of course, we know that a contradiction is just another term for a big fat lie

youre the agenda whore -- your agenda is anything that knocks DLS down a peg or two so STA can feel the mountain isn't impossibly high 

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

sure, DLS could scheduled BG last year -- their best team in history v DLS's worst (or one of) in last 25, but that's kind of stupid

So we're making progress.

First, you claimed that any claim that DLS ducked (your word, not mine) Gorman is ridiculous.

Now you claim that well of course DLS didn't play Gorman in 2016. That would have been stupid!

Agreed.

That would have been a bad year.

But 2011-15?

There for the taking.

Yet the obsessed Sanchez Brothers could never get DLS to bite.

11 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I Watched the game til stream  went down  .... bingham was significantly better and East brought back many starters from last season so you would think they would be even better than last year.  

Pops, it's ok for dls to have ONE really down year relative to the norm.... not the end of the world. 

I told you that down year was coming since fall of '13 so I'm not losing any sleep and don't have an agenda with comment 

I just don't agree with your conclusion.  Neither did max -- you're not accusing him of having an agenda, but that's your best defense so I get it

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

otherwise, since the 2010 game, this is BG's most advantageous year

2010 -- DLS won

2011 -- DLS wins

2012 -- DLS wins 

2013 -- DLS wins

2014 -- push

2015 -- DLS wins

2016 -- BG wins

2017 -- BG clearly favored when game scheduled

This is crackpot level stuff.

You just gave a bunch of (uneducated) opinions on who would win.

De La Salle almost lost to Bellarmine in 2011 (a game you love to cite) but they'd definitely beat Gorman in the first few weeks of the season?

2014-16 = LOL

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

I wouldn't call 8 (5 who play) on the varsity team that includes kids who transfer 3 years ago shitload...the 50 plus number that was floated out there was for every sport.

Either way I don't see why it's bad for parent to care about the education of their children. MD is one of the most  prestigious high schools in California if not the nation.

And if a parents child is also really good at rushing the passer that's a plus 😀

Sorry. I meant shitloads of other teams., not the amount on one team.   Not a dig at MD. 

4 minutes ago, LOSer said:

So we're making progress.

First, you claimed that any claim that DLS ducked (your word, not mine) Gorman is ridiculous.

Now you claim that well of course DLS didn't play Gorman in 2016. That would have been stupid!

Agreed.

That would have been a bad year.

But 2011-15?

There for the taking.

Yet the obsessed Sanchez Brothers could never get DLS to bite.

Correct

they have acted like asses and, frankly, I'm surprised the game got done this year

Tony lying to national media about DLS reneging, before being forced to retract and apologize

Kenny calling DLS out for ducking before he'd coached a HS game

all the other sportsmanship issues associated with BG

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

call me a liar and then right afterward, say that EVERYONE knew BG was going to down this year

by everyone, of course you have to exclude all the pollsters that named them a top team, as well as every poster here, except steeler, but everyone else like..... well there was steeler, and then you who's truth is always driven by motive

I already addressed the pollsters.

It's elementary high school football which is a course that you obviously failed to take (or pass).

This from the guy who loves to whine about other programs not being moved down unless they lose.

But now you've never heard of it before.

14 minutes ago, Pops said:

And I'd say (humbly) that steeler and myself are really all that's required to make that claim legitimate.

Just look up any quote from him or myself on this topic. Couldn't have been more clear.

6 minutes ago, LOSer said:

This is crackpot level stuff.

You just gave a bunch of (uneducated) opinions on who would win.

De La Salle almost lost to Bellarmine in 2011 (a game you love to cite) but they'd definitely beat Gorman in the first few weeks of the season?

2014-16 = LOL

If I touch the keyboard, I suddenly have 20 posts from you in next 20 minutes 

im going to walk away and hope you go away 

come back if you're not goingnjust be a high-volume ass

Yes, that post you quoted is dead on

not really even that debatable -- I think the only difference from a BG fan would be to call 2015 a push