DLS-Gorman

Rippers

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Before I even read this thing...

I just want to say that these Cali schools are experts at picking what year to battle with oos schools like BG. 

Mater Dei and DLS both timed this out perfectly.

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

We knew you would say that

😄 

And we knew when. 

Gotta love the hypocrisy. When Cali wins, they picked the right year to play the game because said opponent was down. But when Cali loses, it's never the other way around --- it's just because Cali is overrated. Brought to you by those that won't even schedule these types of games.

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

I can't thank you guys enough.  As upset/concerned as I have been, this thread had me in almost tears.  For once, a BG thread has not been totally taken over by other states & this thread has been quite entertaining.  I've often thought about this week vs Pops & the DLS guys, but things have not been as expected & it has become quite comical & I'm really enjoying my change in mood.  

Not going to hand pick everything to comment on but one really stood out to me by the most die hard of all die hard DLS fans.

"BG milking the human pollsters system by getting a big win or two early and then hiding rest of year..."   

Are  you F'n kidding me?  What if we hid the entire season and had 1 $$$$ game to end the season?  But maybe I just do not understand the Trinity/BNU/TX...hell even GA in state runs are the same as the always stellar NORCAL grind.

To be fair, you could make the argument that MD & DLS hand picked BG this year, but you also need to give them some credit for putting us on their schedule - being 3x reigning USAT MNC (Pops new favorite poll).  When the games were set, no one knew the issues BG would face starting right after this past season (transfers out...to put it politely, losing OC a week prior to DeMatha, pretty much drama since January).  Any team trying to make a run at a MNC needs to play big time teams & you can't keep winning every game.  There will be times when you step up and play an OOS or top tier opponent & you will lose (lets say a team like Bellevue in 2004).

As far as rivalry or hatred of BG towards DLS:  Yea, the old CHS coaches (only 3 left on staff)  would love nothing more then beating them, but honestly the kids only know about DLS & "the streak" because of that lame movie & their inherited yearly rankings .  Seniors were only maybe 5 or so when the streak was snapped & in 5th grade when the two met in 2010.  But they do know DLS is legit and know what is at hand.

I was hoping more would be at stake with this game, but did not realize what could be at stake in this game...BG wise. Regardless of the outcome, both teams should run through their league opponents & will be probably playing in a big state game come December.  However, I think DLS can overcome a loss far more than BG can.  

Well said, even with the shot

Good luck to your Gaels

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Haha! That was in jest. That's what south does. Grayson will beat some second or third tier team from Alabama and chalk it up as an "OOS win".

Losing to a 1st rd TX loser... or a 3rd tier team from UT named East, that was exposed when they finally played a non-slap-happy  ?

I guess thats what the South should be doing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pops said:

No kidding

two weeks ago, it was DLS shouldn't be a top 25 team coming off one of their worst teams in 25 years and BG was 3x defending MNC and top 3 (to the best of my recollection, in polls in general, maybe 3ish -- my memory is md, IMG, BG, sjb, sta -- I could be wrong and do not guarantee that my assertions are always entirely accurate -- reader be warned)

now, DLS snookered BG on an off year

I said they snookered BG in an off year in the Summer.

Nice try, Pop.

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Losing to a 1st rd TX loser... or a 3rd tier team from UT named East, that was exposed when they finally played a non-slap-happy  ?

East did some selective scheduling getting DLS when they knew they were down.You know Trinity beat the eventual state champ by more than they beat DLS right? Two poor examples 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

f you want to hang out, you've gotta take her out, cocaine
If you want to get down, get down on the ground, cocaine
She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie,
Cocaine
If you got that lose, you want to kick them blues, cocaine
When your day is done, and you want to ride on cocaine
She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie,
Cocaine
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

You forgot to put Mater Dei on your list. 

Heck you can even add on Saguaro to your recruited up list. They had 11 transfers in last year. I'm not sure how many they had this year. 

True. MD and shitloads of others. Those were just a few examples. The transfer game has gotten outta control. But it is what is. That wasn't supposed to be a dig even though it sounded like it. Gotta take the good and the bad. We've seen some good football because there's been some great teams like BG last year as an example. 

7 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Gotta love the hypocrisy. When Cali wins, they picked the right year to play the game because said opponent was down. But when Cali loses, it's never the other way around --- it's just because Cali is overrated. Brought to you by those that won't even schedule these types of games.

"Like" and "laugh".

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Do you mean the Texas team that was decimated by injuries by the playoffs that actually beat the actual Texas state champ a few months earlier. Do you mean the 2nd best team in Utah?(as it turns out).  The only game that I absolutely knew that DLS would win was against Mullen. One effing game.  

I just saw you second post. They're not poor examples. I could argue that they're grest examples.  Next time any team from GA has the cojones to go to Texas, let us know. 

10 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

True. MD and shitloads of others. Those were just a few examples. The transfer game has gotten outta control. But it is what is. That wasn't supposed to be a dig even though it sounded like it. Gotta take the good and the bad. We've seen some good football because there's been some great teams like BG last year as an example. 

I wouldn't call 8 (5 who play) on the varsity team that includes kids who transfer 3 years ago shitload...the 50 plus number that was floated out there was for every sport.

Either way I don't see why it's bad for parent to care about the education of their children. MD is one of the most  prestigious high schools in California if not the nation.

And if a parents child is also really good at rushing the passer that's a plus 😀

10 hours ago, Pops said:

two weeks ago, it was DLS shouldn't be a top 25 team coming off one of their worst teams in 25 years and BG was 3x defending MNC and top 3 (to the best of my recollection, in polls in general, maybe 3ish -- my memory is md, IMG, BG, sjb, sta -- I could be wrong and do not guarantee that my assertions are always entirely accurate -- reader be warned)

now, DLS snookered BG on an off year

And can we please put an end to this kind of silliness.

I laugh when people cling to preseason rankings in week 4 of the season. Yeah, Gorman was preseason #3 or whatever......but now we've seen 3 games. We know that they're not at that level now. The jury is in.

So basically you want to stick to the prognostication that was made with no information and you want to dismiss the observation we can make with actual information.

Typical Pop.

Typical fanboy.

48 minutes ago, LOSer said:

And can we please put an end to this kind of silliness.

I laugh when people cling to preseason rankings in week 4 of the season. Yeah, Gorman was preseason #3 or whatever......but now we've seen 3 games. We know that they're not at that level now. The jury is in.

So basically you want to stick to the prognostication that was made with no information and you want to dismiss the observation we can make with actual information.

Typical Pop.

Typical fanboy.

You're such an idiot

youblaugh when we use preseason rankings because you've quoted me so many times yesterday you forgot the topic was teams perception when the game was scheduled

would you like to use preseason or end of year '16 -- either way, my point is made

9 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Think he means against bingham this season when East brought back most of their starters except the RB. 

I'd imagine that's what he's saying too. And even though it sounds good, it is not accurate. East this year is different than East last year. And the Bingham game this year had generations of background associated with it.

Silly to say last year's East team (and win over DLS) was exposed by Bingham this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I'd imagine that's what he's saying too. And even though it sounds good, it is not accurate. East this year is different than East last year. And the Bingham game this year had generations of background associated with it.

Silly to say last year's East team was exposed by Bingham this year.

I think the lopsided result probably confirms east wouldn't have beaten bingham last season .... bingham still top dog in Utah. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Trinity beat TX state champ by more

East also beat a Southern State champ (again, by > DLS) so I wouldn't recommend that be the South's new strategy of avoiding competitive games

stick to having All your top teams schedule winless FL teams like ISB

4 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I think the lopsided result probably confirms east wouldn't have beaten bingham last season .... bingham still top dog in Utah. 

That's just not true as Max has explained

does East owning common opponents on east confirm they would have beaten them?

i think the words you're looking for are "indicated" are is "evidence" -- Bingham losing to east didn't confirm anything about 2016

16 minutes ago, Pops said:

i'd like to see the post 

otherwise you are a 🤥 

Not even the Summer.

From January.

On 1/23/2017 at 8:34 AM, LOSer said:

Yes, one of two interesting games but still leaves you open to the legit possible criticism that DLS scheduled them after their best graduating class ever exited.

Yet you pretend that people just invented this line last week.

Pathetic.