DLS-Gorman

Rippers

Just now, LOSer said:

You lied about the 2010 Gorman team being a favorite.

You then lied about them being more highly ranked in every poll.

Can we just call these the same lie and agree you're just listing twice to exaggerate and distort?

I don't think I lied to begin with -- I was just starting to post and USAT was THE poll for me -- BG was higher -- they were also monsters with a huge size advantage and a more star studded line up -- I think somewhere in this thread I also said that it was close 

that said, you need to settle down on screaming "LIAR" every time someone decides to make a statement from memory and after chasing down the evidence, you can interpret differently.  If you wanna say "I disagree" and tell me why, that's how this board works.  

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

Don't you know? DLS has always been good at timing. Timed when Dunn and Booty left. Timed when Dave Logan left. Timed when Lineweaver left. Timed when Bentley left. Timed when George Smith left. We are uber prescient on Winton Drive (see earlier in the thread with reference to BG dominance). 

Here are the best examples of cherry picked OOS games on the part of dls. So that everybody from coast to coast can  make their own conclusions.

OOS teams with new coaches

2002 St Louis School (Hawaii) 11-2*

Rookie HC Delbert Tengan

Cal Lee left the HC position in 2001

Lost to DLS

2011 STA  10-3

Rookie HC Rocco Casullo. After George Smith Retired.

Beat DLS

2012 Mullen (CO) 6-5

New HC Tom Thenel

Lost to DLS

2014 Byrnes (SC) 12-2

Rookie HC Brian Lane

Lost to DLS

2015 Euless Trinity

Rookie HC Chris Jensen

Beat DLS

And let's not forget this ODD game.

2001 LB Poly*

Rookie HC Raul Lara. After Jerry Jaso's retirement.

You are welcome!

Just now, Pops said:

Can we just call these the same lie and agree you're just listing twice to exaggerate and distort?

Whatever floats your boat.

You lie with such ease and then get angry when someone corrects you.

It's never your fault, though.

Someone else is always to blame.

1 minute ago, Pops said:

I don't think I lied to begin with 

Always the next Pop move.

When shown his lie and/or error he attempts to mitigate (I meant USA Today!) before he says that he didn't really lie or get it wrong.

7 minutes ago, LOSer said:

You lied about something involving De La Salle.

Again.

Like you always do.

Then when called on it you disappear for more than a hour (when you were on a posting binge) and then only return so you can blame others for your mistakes.

Jeez

I worked out -- it was more like 90 minites

4 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Totally agree. In fact I've cited that Bellevue game many times in support of the idea that DLS would have had their hands full with that Pacers team. They were upset by a Rocklin team that was exceptional not only on the ground, but in the air too. One dimensional offenses couldn't move the ball on Grant Union. They just completely stuffed the run and had a pass rush that overwhelmed pass heavy teams. As well balanced and talented as that Rocklin team was, they still only scored 21 points and had to rely on a missed 21-yd FG to pull off the upset.

It's funny how things work out. Having seen all those teams play a lot, the 2009 Pacers team that lost in the section semi's  to Rocklin was better than the 2008 team that won the Open State title. I think the 2010 team was better than the 08 team too, they just suffered too many injuries to key two way players and ran into a hot Folsom team with a very dynamic offense and dual threat QB.

NorCal needs a consistent Grant and Folsom and others so we don't get crap for only having DLS.  Too bad Folsom didn't go out and play oos.  That was a special team that would have done really well oos.  And something something valley will never get the respect they deserve.  

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

I was just starting to post and USAT was THE poll for me

You've always used the compilation as gospel.

No doubt because De La Salle usually benefited but you pulled protocol on this one because you were wrong.

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

that said, you need to settle down on screaming "LIAR" every time someone decides to make a statement from memory and after chasing down the evidence, you can interpret differently. 

Maybe people wouldn't be so hard on you if you didn't try to claim that an incorrect statement (said with such smugness) is merely a differing interpretation.

No.

You lied and/or got it dead wrong.

Just admit it.

At no point was De La Salle the underdog playing Bishop Gorman at home in 2010.

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

If you wanna say "I disagree" and tell me why, that's how this board works.  

I don't just disagree.

You posted false information and passed it off as fact.

Again.

2 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I'm not sure why he is obsessed with NorCal football either. According to my sources. 

1) He was not born in NorCal 

2) He transferred in to that area

3) He only lived there for 5-10 years (approximately)

4) He doesn't even live there anymore

And yet he wants us to believe that he is an authority on NorCal football. 

Bump

1 minute ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Here are the best examples of cherry picked OOS games on the part of dls. So that everybody from coast to coast can  make their own conclusions.

OOS teams with new coaches

2002 St Louis School (Hawaii) 11-2*

Rookie HC Delbert Tengan

Cal Lee left the HC position in 2001

Lost to DLS

2011 STA  10-3

Rookie HC Rocco Casullo. After George Smith Retired.

Beat DLS

2012 Mullen (CO) 6-5

New HC Tom Thenel

Lost to DLS

2014 Byrnes (SC) 12-2

Rookie HC Brian Lane

Lost to DLS

2015 Euless Trinity

Rookie HC Chris Jensen

Beat DLS

And let's not forget this ODD game.

2001 LB Poly*

Rookie HC Raul Lara. After Jerry Jaso's retirement.

You are welcome!

Feel better? Didn't I already do that? I mean if people believe that DLS is so good knowing when a coach is going to retire, then DLS must have moles in each of these places. 

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

Feel better? Didn't I already do that? I mean if people believe that DLS is so good knowing when a coach is going to retire, then DLS must have moles in each of these places. 

Most people in this board are newbies. They don't know about your teams history. So yes I decided to share with everyone. 

But you forgot the LBP game so I wanted this all on the record. 

6 minutes ago, LOSer said:

You've always used the compilation as gospel.

No doubt because De La Salle usually benefited but you pulled protocol on this one because you were wrong.

I don't think I've ever used anything as gospel, but yes, I think the compilation is most important for "us" (hsfb nerds) to use

USAT was and still is the gold standard to 99.9% of people

I know when I did the research to post the rankings of the teams that beat DLS, I went with the highest ranking I could find (am actually a bit surprised you have never called me for DLS losing to 2 #2 ranked teams in '04 -- Bellevue and MV were each #2 in a major poll)

in this particular case, i went from memory and I recalled correctly that BG was higher in the poll I certainly preferenced in preseason '10

can we have the thread back please?

Just now, Pops said:

in this particular case, i went from memory and I recalled correctly that BG was higher in the poll I certainly preferenced in preseason '10

De La Salle was higher ranked in the compilation (by a lot) and was the better program playing at home.

They were never at any moment the underdog.

Not in the preseason nor during the week of the game.

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

can we have the thread back please?

You can do whatever you want.

Maybe if you didn't lie or throw around falsehoods with such disregard you'd get your silly little threads back.

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Gorman was ranked higher in the preseason

Gorman had 2x the * rated players and were 80# bigger along the LOS (DLS had one guy over 220 and he was 245 -- BG was close to 300 along the OL)

at best, this could have been considered a draw on scheduling, but to say DLS was ducking BG '11-13 (when DLS was clearly better) or '14-15 (when DLS was as good as anyone) is utter nonsense

I had to go back and read what has gotten you so pissy 

"Gorman was ranked higher in the preseason" -- check, that's true 

i then went on to correctly describe the size and "talent" advantages that BG enjoyed -- something beyond preseason rankings that both staffs would have known about when game was scheduled (not the preseason rankings)

i then went on to say "at best, this could have been considered a draw on scheduling" 

I think you're out of line on this one 

try again later -- should be some good fodder this week

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

I had to go back and read what has gotten you so pissy 

"Gorman was ranked higher in the preseason" -- check, that's true 

8Jw0a8J.png

1ERdKYY.png

Stage 3 of Pop lie denial.

Pretend like everything you said was actually true.

You claimed that Gorman was ranked higher in the preseason (wrong) to support the claim that De La Salle was the underdog (wrong).

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

i then went on to say "at best, this could have been considered a draw on scheduling" 

De La Salle was the better program, more highly ranked in the preseason (and at game time) and was at home.

But somehow they were the clear cut underdog (your first claim) or at least a draw?

Who else other than you tries to foist this crap on us?