DLS-Gorman

Rippers

2 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

Grant had one badass defense that year  with Mola, Lopa, Sample, and Shaq. Thompson who was a soph. Think they had 7 or 8 shutouts that year. Don't know how they ended up losing to Rocklin in the last game. Grant gets on the national radar about every 10 yrs. It'd be good to see them back up there again. 

Because that Rocklin team was really, really good. They had the goods to battle a defense like Grant's and that was an ability to run it and sling it at a very high level. Jimmy Laughrea was a fantastic HS QB that had a cannon arm and was athletic and could run it. Then you add a 6'5" TE and a small, fast yet powerful RB that rushed for 2400+ yards and 40+ TD's. They were just really hard to defend. They even gave Servite a tough game with the backup QB.

Even then, it still came down to a missed 21-yd FG. Even though Rocklin High is in my backyard, I can easily admit that Grant was the better team. While Rocklin was probably one of the only NorCal teams that had the personnel to challenge the Pacers in the manner they did, they got very fortunate to win that game. GHS probably wins that game 7 out of 10 times.

34 minutes ago, Pops said:

BG was ranked in top 3 of comp poll in preseason so I either assume by "everyone" you are excluding all national polls or are just being funny and lying right after accusing me of dishonesty 

I'll just keep posting this until you respond.

wVArw71.png

38 minutes ago, Pops said:

BG was ranked in top 3 of comp poll in preseason so I either assume by "everyone" you are excluding all national polls or are just being funny and lying right after accusing me of dishonesty 

xD

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

DLS both timed this out perfectly.

Don't you know? DLS has always been good at timing. Timed when Dunn and Booty left. Timed when Dave Logan left. Timed when Lineweaver left. Timed when Bentley left. Timed when George Smith left. We are uber prescient on Winton Drive (see earlier in the thread with reference to BG dominance). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Before I even read this thing...

I just want to say that these Cali schools are experts at picking what year to battle with oos schools like BG. 

Mater Dei and DLS both timed this out perfectly.

Now I'll read the thread and see what everyone else has said. 

We must have missed the memo

- Signed, Servite 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Will be on the QB to make the right reads. In what I've seen so far, they aren't consistent in that.

You and steeler are both correct.  The BG LBs are legit, and the DLS QBs need to make the correct reads.  I'm of the opinion that DLS has been preparing for this game, and we will see a few wrinkles thrown in there. I find it hard to believe that the DLS coaching staff believes that the Spartans can just line up and slug it out dive after dive with BG.   

16 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Don't you know? DLS has always been good at timing. Timed when Dunn and Booty left. Timed when Dave Logan left. Timed when Lineweaver left. Timed when Bentley left. Timed when George Smith left. We are uber prescient on Winton Drive (see earlier in the thread with reference to BG dominance). 

Yeah. Got surprised by Lineweaverless Texas public school ballers anyway. Can't say DLS didn't try though. 

:P

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah. Got surprised by Lineweaverless Texas public school ballers anyway. Can't say DLS didn't try though. 

:P

1 more minute. 1 more minute is all we needed. Oh and the abolition of those stupid TX rules. Would have helped if the game started on time too. Oh wait, I thought this was the excuse thread. Before I leave, forgot if only Asiasi didn't put so much air in it. Ah, the what ifs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rippers said:

"Just trying to make the point that just because BG has lost 2 games this season doesn't necessarily mean that they are really down."

And you are probably right.  However, even if BG wins state and finished the season with 3 losses, someone somewhere will take up the narrative that they sucked and DLS took advantage of it sometime between the end of the season and beyond.  If they finish with 2 losses, implying that they beat DLS, someone will still use the loss to demean DLS's season, especially if DLS ends up with only that 1 loss (or even a second loss vs MD to end the season).

People have been decrying DLS's success since the invention of the internet message board.   The evolution of their digressions has been amusing to say the least.

I agree with you. But I think that DLS can score a lot of points with this board by showing up, play like an elite team, and beat BG on the road.  I think that if they do that, the rankings and attitudes will take care of themselves.  At the end of the day most members respect a good football team not matter who it is.  Certain haters will hate just because they're DLS. Can't stop that shit.  This is on DLS, though....they need to go out and take it.  Just like they did against SJC. I saw a lot of compliments from posters who are tough nuts to crack.  AND we of course saw the usual suspects who talked about body clocks and locusts and shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pops said:

USAT is what I remember besides being the gold standard 

BG 11

DLS 12

Then what's your answer for this?

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Gorman started top 3 in every poll

??

wVArw71.png

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

USAT is what I remember besides being the gold standard 

BG 11

DLS 12

In other words when the compilation is in De La Salle's favor it's the go-to poll.

When it's not (in fact when EVERY poll but one is not) then the USA Today is the gold standard.

Gotcha.

Dishonesty is your thing.

We get it.

1 minute ago, Pops said:

That comment was about this year's team

go ahead and comma fag me in that one

Pop,

You lied about the 2010 Gorman team being a favorite.

You then lied about them being more highly ranked in every poll.

You then claimed that you only remembered USA Today.

You lie and/or make things up at a comical rate.

But now it's just a 'comma fag' thing.

You Pop all the way to the end.

Never waver.

Just now, Pops said:

just tell me what you're most angry about 

You lied about something involving De La Salle.

Again.

Like you always do.

Then when called on it you disappear for more than a hour (when you were on a posting binge) and then only return so you can blame others for your mistakes.