DLS-Gorman

Rippers

29 minutes ago, Pops said:

I know it -- and since they were also higher ranked every year, save the song and dance 

now go away or I'll start hanging out in your etowah threads 

Ranked higher where? 

BG has won the MNC the last 3 years , at the very least a share of it.

Find a Poll that doesnt share the initials of DLSs state to use. 

30 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

I wouldn't say they almost took them down, like Bellarmine could have done in 2011 by simply converting an XP. They did tie the 2008 game in the 4th but never held an actual lead in the 2nd half. The only other game was a 37-0 rout by DLS.

Including the DLS-BG game in 2010, I believe the Sanchez's are 0-3 against DLS.

T-RAM,

My memory ain't what it used to be, but here's how I remember it.  Cal had a kinda bad-ass back that year.  I think his name was Greene (not 100% sure).  I remember walking out of the DLS/DBP game with Grid that year, saying to him, I think Cal is going to give DLS all they can handle cuz Greene made them look a lot like DBP...and Grid looking at me a little skeptical, but considering that possibility...

Meanwhile, Green suffered a  game ending shoulder stinger against Las Lomas in week 1 just before heading up to Bellevue.  The Bellevue/Cal game was tied about midway through the 4th with Cal driving.  I thought they were going to go for the score/win, when Green got slammed on his shoulder and coughed up the ball.  The game turned on that late fumble...so pretty close.

Later in regular season, I remember DLS beating Cal 21-14, but I can't remember if that was the year/game DLS recovered a late 4Q on-side kick to win the game or not (that may have been another year).

It wasn't long after that season that Grid wrote an article about how with the hiring of Sanchez, along with the other things they were doing, BG was making a bid to be a force on the national scene for the foreseeable future.  I'd say Grid got it right.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Ranked higher where? 

BG has won the MNC the last 3 years , at the very least a share of it.

Find a Poll that doesnt share the initials of DLSs state to use. 

DLS shared 2 of those titles and from a more reliable source 

2016 was DLS worst team against BG's clear #1 -- DLS would have been favored every other year by smart people (excludes you)

BG milking the human pollsters system by getting a big win or two early and then hiding rest of year -- that was Grayson's plan last year, but they still need to win the game

3 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

T-RAM,

My memory ain't what it used to be, but here's how I remember it.  Cal had a kinda bad-ass back that year.  I think his name was Greene (not 100% sure).  I remember walking out of the DLS/DBP game with Grid that year, saying to him, I think Cal is going to give DLS all they can handle cuz Greene made them look a lot like DBP...and Grid looking at me a little skeptical, but considering that possibility...

Meanwhile, Green suffered a  game ending shoulder stinger against Las Lomas in week 1 just before heading up to Bellevue.  The Bellevue/Cal game was tied about midway through the 4th with Cal driving.  I thought they were going to go for the score/win, when Green got slammed on his shoulder and coughed up the ball.  The game turned on that late fumble...so pretty close.

Later in regular season, I remember DLS beating Cal 21-14, but I can't remember if that was the year/game DLS recovered a late 4Q on-side kick to win the game or not (that may have been another year).

It wasn't long after that season that Grid wrote an article about how with the hiring of Sanchez, along with the other things they were doing, BG was making a bid to be a force on the national scene for the foreseeable future.  I'd say Grid got it right.

The onside kick game was '10 with Billeci coaching Cal

DLS's closes game if the year (including wins over BG and the SBG drubbing of Servite)

18 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

That article was on the first iteration of PrepGridiron.com. Still wishing I could find that article. Might be the single greatest prediction I've made regarding HSFB. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Yeah, before assuming BG is way down the level of their opponents should be considered. Miami-Central is certainly no slouch and historically a Nationally relevant program. And this Mater Dei team could have competed well with last year's version of BG, possibly even winning that game with a healthy Amon-Ra St. Brown.

BG was better than MD in the trenches last year and could match them skill position wise. JT better pro prospect than martell but Tate was an incredible hs qb .... he's a winner. Cocky as shit but still a winner ..... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

BG was better than MD in the trenches last year and could match them skill position wise. JT better pro prospect than martell but Tate was an incredible hs qb .... he's a winner. Cocky as shit but still a winner ..... 

Last year's BG vs this years MD at full health would be a great game to watch. This years MD wouldn't beat last years BG without their 2 missing WR's. 

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

BG and dls is a pick em in the desert .... teams trending in opposite directions. BG needs This game to right the ship .... dls has advantage on the lines .... just the way dls likes it. Only teams that beat good dls teams  are better or as good in the trenches. 

Exactly, but BG has guys that play LB that can walk up to the LOS and at the H.S. level are equivalent in strength to lineman(Stronger in some cases)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

May not be a grudge from the BG players but something tells me there is a grudge from their coaches. Would love to hear Sanchez's at practice this week. B|

Sanchez's are  obsessed and behave badly

Remember Sanchez Jr called DLS out for ducking before he'd coached a single HS game

sanchez Sr just lied and said DLS didn't honor the back end of a home and home (then retracted as soon as his words were published)

BG still more "talented" but DLS better coached and conditioned -- should be an epic game 

46 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

That article was on the first iteration of PrepGridiron.com. Still wishing I could find that article. Might be the single greatest prediction I've made regarding HSFB. 

Can't find the article that launched the burgeoning international corporate juggernaut that is Prepgridiron-The Varsity Board?  Probably a valuable collectors item...Sad!

B|

• Haha 2