DLS-Gorman

Rippers

18 hours ago, Pops said:

How about some game analysis

key matchups, etc

maybe Grid (prepgridiron) vs Grid (gridiron godfather)

12 hours ago, Pops said:

i think their emotions a huge variable -- I know what emotions DLS will bring -- BG's range from inspired/ rallying/ this is their super bowl to despondent/ infighting/ lost mojo

I think your "emotions" take is huge and right on point.  How will BG come out...and in reference to one of my earlier posts...will they find a few pillars of strength to hold everything together or will they crumble into ruins?

USAT actually had a decent article with thoughts and shared mutual respect for both teams from both coaches.

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/no-6-de-la-salle-looks-for-more-consistency-against-no-12-bishop-gorman

Just as we question which BG team will take the field, we need to question which DLS team will take the field.  Slow starting & a few miscues or the typical methodical mistake free team that they have become known for?

Just looking at stats alone, one would think DLS = run game advantage & BG = passing game advantage.  But you have two pretty good & more than capable defenses, as well.  This leads me to thinking an almost feeling each other out for the first half.  Like the first few rounds of a fight. Halftime DLS 10 BG 10

Middle rounds - aka 3rd Q, don't know why (other than coaching adjustments) but BG has been a 2nd half team the last few years & they find a few areas of opportunity & maybe even a little razzle dazzle and look to take over the game.  End of the 3rd Q  BG 24 DLS 10

Championship rounds - aka 4th Q, DLS show their grit & pulls out every ounce of tradition & pride to fight back as the already dinged up BG team starts to run out of steam.  Could this be another DLS comeback like St John's?  Then with the game getting closer, BG finds those pillars of strength & calls upon their tradition & pride, albeit not as storied, they realize the entire season going forward may be at stake if they do not come together and pull this one out.  And just like a few weeks ago when the McGregor/Mayweather fight weekend brought us a 35-23 win vs DeMatha, this weekends fight between GGG & Canelo sees a great game with a final of BG 34 DLS 24.

DLS is kind of in a no-win situation, as some have noted.  Win and it's against a free falling BG team that is far from the teams the past few years.  Lose and they will get ragged on.  BG on the other hand, may very well have a tough time recovering from another loss.  I watched Bonanza (our next weeks opponent) last night lose 55-8.  Going from 4 top, nationally ranked opponents to bottom of the barrel Vegas teams may provide some temporary relief, at least as far as taking out their frustrations on someone, but hard to get motivated for a game that should be at a running clock in the 2nd Q.  And then the more "locally" dominant NV programs see this as an opportunity they have not seen in quite a long time. Saw a tweet already talking about  Arbor View vs Liberty state semi-final.  As a very knowledgable 702hsfb fan put it, "it's like blood in the water to sharks right now".  There is no MNC or winning streak to worry about anymore & BG sights are, or should be, on winning another State Title.  A win, but even more importantly avoiding another loss, can get BG back on track and maybe even send a message to the the "sharks smelling blood" in Las Vegas that the Gaels are not going no where, went 2-2 vs 4 top nationally ranked opponents are are ready to make their now annual run through the Silver State.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

I think your "emotions" take is huge and right on point.  How will BG come out...and in reference to one of my earlier posts...will they find a few pillars of strength to hold everything together or will they crumble into ruins?

USAT actually had a decent article with thoughts and shared mutual respect for both teams from both coaches.

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/no-6-de-la-salle-looks-for-more-consistency-against-no-12-bishop-gorman

Just as we question which BG team will take the field, we need to question which DLS team will take the field.  Slow starting & a few miscues or the typical methodical mistake free team that they have become known for?

Just looking at stats alone, one would think DLS = run game advantage & BG = passing game advantage.  But you have two pretty good & more than capable defenses, as well.  This leads me to thinking an almost feeling each other out for the first half.  Like the first few rounds of a fight. Halftime DLS 10 BG 10

Middle rounds - aka 3rd Q, don't know why (other than coaching adjustments) but BG has been a 2nd half team the last few years & they find a few areas of opportunity & maybe even a little razzle dazzle and look to take over the game.  End of the 3rd Q  BG 24 DLS 10

Championship rounds - aka 4th Q, DLS show their grit & pulls out every ounce of tradition & pride to fight back as the already dinged up BG team starts to run out of steam.  Could this be another DLS comeback like St John's?  Then with the game getting closer, BG finds those pillars of strength & calls upon their tradition & pride, albeit not as storied, they realize the entire season going forward may be at stake if they do not come together and pull this one out.  And just like a few weeks ago when the McGregor/Mayweather fight weekend brought us a 35-23 win vs DeMatha, this weekends fight between GGG & Canelo sees a great game with a final of BG 34 DLS 24.

DLS is kind of in a no-win situation, as some have noted.  Win and it's against a free falling BG team that is far from the teams the past few years.  Lose and they will get ragged on.  BG on the other hand, may very well have a tough time recovering from another loss.  I watched Bonanza (our next weeks opponent) last night lose 55-8.  Going from 4 top, nationally ranked opponents to bottom of the barrel Vegas teams may provide some temporary relief, at least as far as taking out their frustrations on someone, but hard to get motivated for a game that should be at a running clock in the 2nd Q.  And then the more "locally" dominant NV programs see this as an opportunity they have not seen in quite a long time. Saw a tweet already talking about  Arbor View vs Liberty state semi-final.  As a very knowledgable 702hsfb fan put it, "it's like blood in the water to sharks right now".  There is no MNC or winning streak to worry about anymore & BG sights are, or should be, on winning another State Title.  A win, but even more importantly avoiding another loss, can get BG back on track and maybe even send a message to the the "sharks smelling blood" in Las Vegas that the Gaels are not going no where, went 2-2 vs 4 top nationally ranked opponents are are ready to make their now annual run through the Silver State.

Lol no bias whatsoever.... good luck scoring that much on DLS. After the 3rd week, DLS has been solid against anyone and everyone. Tf outta here

Good informative post Gridiron, I agree and think this will be a low scoring affair in the 1st half. DLS will go straight to their veer to see how effective it is and grinding away at the clock while BG has been a slow starter in each of their first 3 games. So we could see a 10-10 game or less. The question is does DTR start at QB and how effective will he be. If he plays like his old self and starts hitting his receivers and makes a few big runs then DLS could be in for a long night. As you know from the SJC game DLS will not throw in the towel. Sanchez, knows DLS as well as anyone so I am curious to see what he has in store to try and stop the veer. Will he try to load the box, line up Gaoteote on the end or what.

A lot on the line for both teams: DLS playing for MNC albeit a long shot, and trying to shake their OOS road losing record that they've been on. While BG is avoiding 3 losses in a row, still trying to remain relevant as a national power this year, and losing once again to DLS.     

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DLS_Spartan said:

Lol no bias whatsoever.... good luck scoring that much on DLS. After the 3rd week, DLS has been solid against anyone and everyone. Tf outta here

BG put up 31 vs DeMatha who has shut out their opponents since & BG has averaged 25 points/gm vs 3 Top 25 teams (not Amador Valley & St Francis)

DLS gave up 31 to St John's

USAT score prediction BG 35-21, Cal Preps has it BG 31-22

My prediction of 34-24 - Far fetched?  Don't think so.  Bit of my bias put in?  Yes, but I'd call it my "hope" rather than bias.  I could see it going either way, but that's boring.  You've got to take a stand. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

Outstanding and thank you!

Fwiw, as a DLS guy I'll feed good if it's 10-10 at the half -- we clearly eachnhave comfidencenin our teams to close

3 hours ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

Quality post GG.  I have to believe BG is the favorite, but I go back and forth in my mind as to what could happen.  I only have one prediction I'm pretty confident about, and I have Cossacks to thank for it:

image.jpeg.03b690fd548f7bf219b5586dc9b76c40.jpeg

Here in NorCal, we apparently have "brewing solutions."

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DLS_Spartan said:

never heard of her

ECA was a top program back in the late 90's early 2000's. In 1999 they were ranked #1 by Prep Nation believe DLS was #2. (DLS was ranked #1 in 98, 00, 01, 02, and 03) ECA was #2 in the country by the USA Today with the Off. Player of the year QB Brock Berlin. DLS was #3 and had the Def. Player of the year with LB DJ Williams. That would've been a heck of game that yr. but their meeting didn't come to fruition until several yrs. later when DLS was #1 and ECA lost their QB Booty who decided to enroll early at USC.  ECA hasn't gotten back to the top of the mountain since then but they've have some good teams over the years.  

17 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Quality post GG.  I have to believe BG is the favorite, but I go back and forth in my mind as to what could happen.  I only have one prediction I'm pretty confident about, and I have Cossacks to thank for it:

Good choice 15yds, I'm going to have to go easy this weekend on the libations while watching the game. I have a 2 day golf tourney this weekend, but I will find something fitting for the occasion. ;) 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

ECA was a top program back in the late 90's early 2000's. In 1999 they were ranked #1 by Prep Nation believe DLS was #2. (DLS was ranked #1 in 98, 00, 01, 02, and 03) ECA was #2 in the country by the USA Today with the Off. Player of the year QB Brock Berlin. DLS was #3 and had the Def. Player of the year with LB DJ Williams. That would've been a heck of game that yr. but their meeting didn't come to fruition until several yrs. later when DLS was #1 and ECA lost their QB Booty who decided to enroll early at USC.  ECA hasn't gotten back to the top of the mountain since then but they've have some good teams over the years.  

He's a really terrible troll.

He didn't really mean it.

He's just so lame that he thinks it's funny and/or tough.

4 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Quality post GG.  I have to believe BG is the favorite, but I go back and forth in my mind as to what could happen.  I only have one prediction I'm pretty confident about, and I have Cossacks to thank for it:

Here in NorCal, we apparently have "brewing solutions."

Thanks & I will be partaking in a few myself afterwards, I'm sure.  Either drowning my sorrows or with a sigh of relief