DLS-Gorman

Rippers

1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Speaking of 2011. 

Do any of you Califool-ians want to talk about the Cal @ dls game that year? " It was 24-3 and dls called a timeout to try to get one more score, rather than just running out the clock." In the winding seconds of the fourth quarter. One year before Bobby retired. 

https://norcalpreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/bishop-gorman-football-bush-league-program.14607/page-2

He did it to give a player his one and only carrys.  The other coach was aware of it and ok'd the move.  So theres that. 

11 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Do you want to discuss the 2011 Cal @ Dls  game? Did you even watch it? Or are you just hoping that I stop? 

Did I not respond?  Thought I did 

ok here foes

i think it's laughable that you pull up from

the archives in a thread titled something like "Bishop Gorman's Bad Behavior" the comment of one person 6 years ago that said DLS called a time-out late in the game as somehow comparable to throwing Hail Mary's into the end zone or not shaking hands with outclassed opponents 

reminds me of you bringing up the '87 Monte Vista "fight" (which wasn't even remembered by the captain of that team when next I saw him)

you really stretch to try to make a point, but the stretch is so incredible as to be dismissed quickly

i was at that game and don't remember the questionable time out.  Neither did anyone else in that thread apparently.  One comment and DLS is suddenly the same BG.  I guess villains live company.

let's just validate the logic of your accusation.  lad was still HC at the time.  Let's just ignore the fact that his reputation  is a paragon of virtue in hsfb circles.  The guy has no ego -- he stepped down at 399 wins to be an assistant.  Right away, your credibility is off the tracks.

now, consider that he had won at that time all or pieces of 10 of the prior 17 MNCs.  He's already lost a game badly that year as well as got taken to OT by a NorCal foe.  There was nothing on the line with playoff seeding, etc

also, keep in mind, that the Cal coach is an ex player and assistant for Lad 

donyou really think he's going to go out of character of 30+ years history to try to run it up on a former assistant?  To be ranked 6th instead of 7th (final comp poll ranking, DLS's lowest from '10-15)

i think your teaching and/ or would like to have whatever you're smoking -- great hallucinations 💨 

12 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

He did it to give a player his one and only carrys.  The other coach was aware of it and ok'd the move.  So theres that. 

I don't remember this particular game; but my guess is this is accurate. The Cal coach and staff are DLS alums and that game was the last game of the year that season, so it would have been senior night at DLS. But who am I to say, this is JC's nut. 

17 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

Did I not respond?  Thought I did 

ok here foes

i think it's laughable that you pull up from

the archives in a thread titled something like "Bishop Gorman's Bad Behavior" the comment of one person 6 years ago that said DLS called a time-out late in the game as somehow comparable to throwing Hail Mary's into the end zone or not shaking hands with outclassed opponents 

reminds me of you bringing up the '87 Monte Vista "fight" (which wasn't even remembered by the captain of that team when next I saw him)

you really stretch to try to make a point, but the stretch is so incredible as to be dismissed quickly

i was at that game and don't remember the questionable time out.  Neither did anyone else in that thread apparently.  One comment and DLS is suddenly the same BG.  I guess villains live company.

let's just validate the logic of your accusation.  lad was still HC at the time.  Let's just ignore the fact that his reputation  is a paragon of virtue in hsfb circles.  The guy has no ego -- he stepped down at 399 wins to be an assistant.  Right away, your credibility is off the tracks.

now, consider that he had won at that time all or pieces of 10 of the prior 17 MNCs.  He's already lost a game badly that year as well as got taken to OT by a NorCal foe.  There was nothing on the line with playoff seeding, etc

also, keep in mind, that the Cal coach is an ex player and assistant for Lad 

donyou really think he's going to go out of character of 30+ years history to try to run it up on a former assistant?  To be ranked 6th instead of 7th (final comp poll ranking, DLS's lowest from '10-15)

i think your teaching and/ or would like to have whatever you're smoking -- great hallucinations 💨 

1 minute ago, PrepGridiron said:

I don't remember this particular game; but my guess is this is accurate. The Cal coach and staff are DLS alums and that game was the last game of the year that season, so it would have been senior night at DLS. But who am I to say, this is JC's nut. 

LV should also know better because BG has been the beneficiary of Lad taking a knee inside their 10 on successive plays to AVOID going up 31-14

28 minutes ago, Pops said:

i was at that game and don't remember the questionable time out.  

You don't remember that but you remember the 19 times that "DLS kneeled inside the 10 while in position to score again but didn't because they're too classy."

1 minute ago, DLS_Spartan said:

DLS hater. GTFO no one likes a negative nancy

You're new but I can already tell that I don't like you.

Your response is clearly from somebody who lacks the skills to respond intelligently.

I've been nothing but fair regarding De La Salle. You'd notice that if you weren't trying to steal Pop's title as resident Spartan fanboy.

2 minutes ago, LOSer said:

You're new but I can already tell that I don't like you.

Your response is clearly from somebody who lacks the skills to respond intelligently.

I've been nothing but fair regarding De La Salle. You'd notice that if you weren't trying to steal Pop's title as resident Spartan fanboy.

idc if you like me or not. Stop talking crap about DLS. They're gonna win and win big Saturday night. Once they do, I expect you to come back apologizing and begging to be reinstated into an actual discussion. 

8 minutes ago, DLS_Spartan said:

idc if you like me or not. Stop talking crap about DLS. They're gonna win and win big Saturday night. Once they do, I expect you to come back apologizing and begging to be reinstated into an actual discussion. 

Again, no skills to respond intelligently.

I'll say whatever is warranted about De La Salle.

Apologize for what? People much smarter than you have already noticed that I have not commented on this game.

2 minutes ago, Rippers said:

"reminds me of you bringing up the '87 Monte Vista "fight" (which wasn't even remembered by the captain of that team when next I saw him)"

There was a fight at the end of that game, it was after the failed onside kick.  I think Pruski started it, but I could be wrong.

There was

it was a brief scuffle 

the captain didn't remember it because it was so brief and inconsequential, but LV considers that 30-year old incident proof that DLS and BG are on the same plane of sportsmanship

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Is the qb for BG going to play or is it up to the sophomore qb?  It probably wont matter unless he slings it all game bc if he runs he wont last long imo. 

Good question, He was in a lot of pain at the end of last week's game. I think if he does start/play he might be a little gun shy to run and a hit or two on that left shoulder and he'll be done for the night. 

• Like 1