DLS-Gorman

Rippers

31 minutes ago, LOSer said:

I "mick" them because they're another gimmicky version of Shiloh Christian.

We all know why you're on here carrying their water now and that's because they played East last year.

Give it a break, Pop.

Both Pulaski and Shiloh Christian would be upgrades to STA's schedule

good luck rooting for all the contenders to lose this year playing rugged schedules, while sta hides playing Shanahan

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

In other words...... facts

Manipulated facts.

You wouldn't have to couch the team in secrecy unless you were embarrassed by their true identity.

Your tactic is just a way of muddying the water.

If you said East (instead of 2nd best team in Utah) or Pulaski Academy (instead of Souther state champion) you'd lose some punch.

And you know it.

1 minute ago, LOSer said:

Manipulated facts.

You wouldn't have to couch the team in secrecy unless you were embarrassed by their true identity.

Your tactic is just a way of muddying the water.

If you said East (instead of 2nd best team in Utah) or Pulaski Academy (instead of Souther state champion) you'd lose some punch.

And you know it.

So.....?

should we ALL try to phrase our positions in the worst light possible?

im starting to understand how STA can consistently underachieve with so much talent

"let's give it our worst effort tonight, Boys!"

Just now, Las Vegas_JC said:

What? 

OMG the puritanical dls team and coaches are spending 2 nights and one day in sin city.

Some of you guys said that one of the reasons why dls would not come to Gorman was because of our cities image.

LOL

Won't be staying out past 10 and not staying on the strip. It is a terrible city with a bad image. 

1 minute ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

What? 

OMG the puritanical dls team and coaches are spending 2 nights and one day in sin city.

Some of you guys said that one of the reasons why dls would not come to Gorman was because of our cities image.

LOL

That was a concern if DLS's principal from '02 to '11, Br Christopher Brady (Tom's uncle)

On 12/09/2017 at 0:09 PM, Rippers said:

This game has definitely lost some of its luster.  It has also turned into a no win situation for De La Salle.  DLS wins and its "DLS obviously waited to schedule Gorman in a down year".  DLS loses and it is "DLS sucks, they couldn't beat Gorman's worst team in 7 years".

Oh well....

Yep DLS is in a tough position. I actually will give DLS props if they win because this Bishop Gorman team maybe Young but they are talented and coming off two losses I think they'll be hard to beat.

• Like 1

On 12/09/2017 at 1:37 PM, nptb17 said:

I think I picked Gorman.  Like ya'll have said, Miami Central and Mater Dei are elite squads.  If DLS loses I don't think it's a bad loss at all.   Also I can see them getting their dive game going and grinding out a win.

I agree I think it's going to be tough for DLS to win.

They're going to have to dig down deep because  the Bee Gees are going to come out swinging.

1 minute ago, Lamarfan said:

I agree I think it's going to be tough for DLS to win.

They're going to have to dig down deep because  the Bee Gees are going to come out swinging.

I agree, I'm really interested how Sanchez is going to motivate his team. This is the tail end of their national schedule The rest of their games they can win with their 2nd or 3rd string team. They know it and everyone else knows it. I guess you could say BG is playing this game for national pride. 

• Like 1

Just now, DLS_Spartan said:

2011?

You said you never heard of them, so unless they played another time I'm not aware of that is the only meeting between STA and DLS, correct?

As for this season, I know STA beat St. John Bosco from SoCal.  Seems like it will be SJB vs MD in SoCal for the chance to play DLS in the open bowl after they roll over the NorCal playoffs.  If SJB can get there that will be at least a reference point. 

1 minute ago, 1DayPGA said:

I agree, I'm really interested how Sanchez is going to motivate his team. This is the tail end of their national schedule The rest of their games they can win with their 2nd or 3rd string team. They know it and everyone else knows it. I guess you could say BG is playing this game for national pride. 

I'm counting on BG still being in a funk

it can go one of two ways when you lose back-to-back games you thought you could or should win

either they rally and gel (in which case DLS will have their hands full to not let game get away) or they implode (in which case, BG will be in same boat)

Speaking of 2011. 

Do any of you Califool-ians want to talk about the Cal @ dls game that year? " It was 24-3 and dls called a timeout to try to get one more score, rather than just running out the clock." In the winding seconds of the fourth quarter. One year before Bobby retired. 

https://norcalpreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/bishop-gorman-football-bush-league-program.14607/page-2