PA 6A Final: St. Joseph's Prep 42 Pittsburgh Central Catholic 7 Final

MA Fan

PCC finally gets some offense going, as big DE/FB David Green breaks a 22-yard run. After a holding penalty pushes them back 10 yards, Younger runs for 37 yards as PCC crosses midfield for the first time, at the SJP 34. Next play PCC picks up their second unsportsmanlike conduct penalty of the game, and an intentional grounding penalty a couple plays later gives them 4th and 31. They punt and SJP takes possession at their 24.

Watching this brings back memories of a Saturday night game at Hersheypark stadium between North Allegheny and Ridley-when NA won the PA state championship.  I saw the game and almost froze.  Noting that it's cold tonight (I live 135 miles away in the DC suburbs) I looked up when the game was.

Breathtaking.  26 years ago.  

I can't believe how fast time flies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Watching this brings back memories of a Saturday night game at Hersheypark stadium between North Allegheny and Ridley-when NA won the PA state championship.  I saw the game and almost froze.  Noting that it's cold tonight (I live 135 miles away in the DC suburbs) I looked up when the game was.

Breathtaking.  26 years ago.  

I can't believe how fast time flies.

You have permission to post about old games on my threads anytime. May we all have so many good (or frigid) memories.

Had some hopes of making it to Hershey tonight but it probably would have been miserable, even if I didn't need to smuggle a flask of cough syrup into the stadium.

• Like 1

PCC tries to take a shot deep on their last chance of the half, Fisher is forced to scramble and it's a big gain but time runs out as he's tackled at the SJP 40, took a huge hit to the head and takes his time getting up afterwards.

SJP certainly looks like the better team so far, with all their great field position early PCC is kind of lucky to be down just 14-0. PCC's five D1 linemen need to get to work.