St. Francis Academy(SFA) vs Don Bosco Prep(DBP)

Zipcep

6 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

2-7at years end ???????  No depth,parity, no passing all equal........2-7....Not negative, but not fake news for the realist..

will have better passing game than you think going forward with Batts...kid has a strong enough arm, and more importantly an accurate arm.  Bosco should end up worst case scenario w/ 4 or 5 wins, imo; if they catch some break and avoid key injuries, they could be playing at MetLife.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, taojoe said:

will have better passing game than you think going forward with Batts...kid has a strong enough arm, and more importantly an accurate arm.  Bosco should end up worst case scenario w/ 4 or 5 wins, imo; if they catch some break and avoid key injuries, they could be playing at MetLife.

5 wins would give Bosco a 8-4 record at the very best if it were to go on and win state. Once again this proves to me how down NJ is once again this year. Parity is turning into mediocrity. Still a lot of football to be played though so we shall see.

6 hours ago, American Male said:

Toal leaving Bosco has taken its Toll on Bosco!!!

B|

I guess time will tell on this but I do not see the current Bosco coach coaching there very long IMO. Talent is way too watered down for him to have any real success and he we always have that stigma of being the coach that replaced a legend.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Bosco's slide started in 2012. 19 losses between then and 2016, GTs final season. 

GSB has hit the nail on the head. Parity syndrome began in 2012. Toal was on the downslide the  last 4 yrs. No matter how good a coach is, he needs the horses to be a winner.  Parity is what destroyed the Bosco dominance. As we all can see Bergen Catholic's defense is anything but stellar even with the" Guru of Defense" coaching them. Always liked GT as a coach even when he was at River Dell, but just an ordinary defensive coordinator without the talent. Let's see how good the defense is on Saturday at Mater Dei. MD by at least 4 scores.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

If you look at the scores of the losses for DBP from 2012, how many were by 7 pts or less? 

Seems to me they were in a lot of close games through those parity years and that's where coaching really gets the microscope.  

Paramus Catholic became a foe during this period and SPP stepped it up with Hansen.   Transfers were stepping it up and changing the landscape a bit.  

2013 - DBP wiped out SJR's shot at an easy top 5 and possibly higher ranking. 

2014 - Buried SJP and manhandled STA early in season... no clue what happened after but I'm sure they were in some close games.   SPP lost to only IMG that year (no not a BNU schedule but beat a few BNU schools).  

2015-2016 I'm sure you'll find plenty of close DBP games vs NJ opponents and OOS.   

2017 - 2 more close games, 1-1.  

2012-2016 DBP was still a tough out.  Trust me I know.  Lol.   I was at the AHP game and 21-0 was a bit misleading.  I know they had an illness that forced school closing and that had to take a "Toal" on the endurance of some of the kids who were dealing with the illness recovery with Toal practices and the FL humidity a week later.  No excuses they got outplayed.  But it was 14-0 until late in the 4th.  It wasn't 21-0 end of 1 and cruise control.   AHP didn't make mistakes their Broward neighbor has and utilized some speedy assets to control the secondary and get 21 pts on the board.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1