St. Francis Academy(SFA) vs Don Bosco Prep(DBP)

Zipcep

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I would so love to see SFA and SJC play. Too bad it'll never happen. Very surprised McD hung tough w DMC tonight. Last season, DMC beat them by 21. What a difference a year makes!!!

SJC/SFA would be good. Same things you were saying about SFA tonight, I felt about SJC. Very good football teams. 

Time for the DBP to accept its reality that there done being a power

The qb play is terrible ( I give Batts some slack he is only a soph) but you mean to tell me no qb wanted to come here ? to play on the big stage ? every qb to start for bosco has gotten a ride in the Toal era. Teel's resume couldn't get a qb ? And yes a qb would have helped last night. Berger I think is a little over rated , special backs will have 1 or 2 splash runs a game and he was invisible last night . Brennan hasn't done much since his super frosh year , yes he had a tipped pick last night but he has been returning punts for years with nothing to show , he is big time over rated. 

1 hour ago, truth b told said:

Time for the DBP to accept its reality that there done being a power

The qb play is terrible ( I give Batts some slack he is only a soph) but you mean to tell me no qb wanted to come here ? to play on the big stage ? every qb to start for bosco has gotten a ride in the Toal era. Teel's resume couldn't get a qb ? And yes a qb would have helped last night. Berger I think is a little over rated , special backs will have 1 or 2 splash runs a game and he was invisible last night . Brennan hasn't done much since his super frosh year , yes he had a tipped pick last night but he has been returning punts for years with nothing to show , he is big time over rated. 

Little harsh but understand your criticism. But you have to understand this isn't the same SFA team that pc beat last year. SFA on paper has probably just as enough talent as any team in the country.... 

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Dude, he lost 21-0 to AHP LAST SEASON. Same exact caliber of team. Let's see how the BC D does tonight. I'll be impressed if they hold MD to 27 or less. Rooting for them!!!! 

Im Not talking about BC I'm talking about Bosco..not sure of why you bring them into it?? As of now Bosco stinks

9 hours ago, Hsfblover said:

This honestly just shows that the big boys of NJ were only as dominent as they were because they took all of the top talent and were able to pick and chose who they wanted.

now that they can't get the top talent they will be reduced to just dominent in stats schools, good regional, and decent nationally

I think the use of acronyms has hurt the Jersey schools nationally. Who are SPP, SJR, SJC, SHP? It used to be easy when it was just DBP, or better yet, Bosco. And occasionally we'd hear about a 41-0 beating of BC, or better yet, Bergen County, that happened in '61. Now the only people who can follow the who's who alphabet soup of the BNU are the Jersey folks. Perhaps that is by design, whereby what the Jersey folks now consider a Sig 8 or Sig 10 (it keeps growing, apparently) are all Top 100 teams.

Or maybe with the use of phones to post in forums, everyone is using acronyms nationally, which is killing football more than concussions (maybe GSB or PGL can do a story on the troubling side effects of acronym use). I, for one, quit trying to remember who SPP or SHP or SJC or SJR actually are.

37 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

DBP "held" SFA to 27 pts (7 at half), and MD is on that same, Top 10 elite talent level. We know MD will score. I just interested in seeing if BC can score on them. 

Md more dynamic offensively that SFA. SFA passing attack didn't sound impressive from listening to game ..... MD prob has best passing attack in the nation

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That right there is the Gods honest truth. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Going fwd, they'll still continue to schedule top OOS competition, but the wins will be fewer and more far between. 

Nope there's nothing at all wrong with it, pretty dang good for the state and might even get more schools to develope what they get through coaching and not just recruiting and still make them into nationally relevant 

• Like 1