High school football tiers - week 3

Sammyswordsman

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Possibly, but what evidence can you cite that SJP could stay within 10 points of the DeMatha's and Byrnes of the world

SJP could certainly hold their own against Byrnes. Solid Rb. Solid lines. And a solid coach. SJP i wouldnt be surprised if they are undefeated at the end of the year

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I promoted the damn DFB game!!! I sat in the press box w the scoreboard operator. Your "gut" is wrong, just like it was for the "gimme" BC/AW game. 

I'm on to your biased trickery. You want SJRs SOS and Tier to remain high so it makes DLS/Cali look better. #notright #nailed

I believe that the BC vs AW score was an aberration due to Nunz Practicing for The Stache last week, and not AW.  Nunz said he will have his team prepared for MD better than any game he ever prepared for.  This means he has been preparing for the game next week, for months.

IF BC does well it will elevate all the area teams up to tier 2

You all have a fetish with teams like AW ans SJP etc.   They aren't anywhere near top 5 or 10 teams.   Oxbridge academy lost to AW by 1 and they are a shell of what they were last year (which wasn't that great either). Teams like AHP, BTW, MNW, would murder Oxbridge this year.    Oxbridge would be comparable to Chaminade Madonna and Champagnat this year.  (Might be worse than both TBH)

AHP would compete with those tier one schools and probably whoop Bingham.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

SJP could certainly hold their own against Byrnes. Solid Rb. Solid lines. And a solid coach. SJP i wouldnt be surprised if they are undefeated at the end of the year

Evidence my man.  What evidence is there?  I would like to move them to Tier 2, but I need a reason.

Solid Lines cannot be deemed as "solid" until pit against a Tier 1 team.  A lot of teams lines would look "solid" vs. Tier 3 and 4 opponents.

Basically to make Tier 2 you have to have stout Def and O lines, and qualify skill guys, with good coaching

Tier 3 are made up of a lot of teams with good skill guys but don't have the Bingham type lines.

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

You all have a fetish with teams like AW ans SJP etc.   They aren't anywhere near top 5 or 10 teams.   Oxbridge academy lost to AW by 1 and they are a shell of what they were last year (which wasn't that great either). Teams like AHP, BTW, MNW, would murder Oxbridge this year.    Oxbridge would be comparable to Chaminade Madonna and Champagnat this year.  (Might be worse than both TBH)

AHP would whoop a bunch of those tier one schools.  Bingham? Lol.

SJP will probably beat AW this week

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Evidence my man.  What evidence is there?  I would like to move them to Tier 2, but I need a reason.

Solid Lines cannot be deemed as "solid" until pit against a Tier 1 team.  A lot of teams lines would look "solid" vs. Tier 3 and 4 opponents.

Basically to make Tier 2 you have to have stout Def and O lines, and qualify skill guys, with good coaching

Tier 3 are made up of a lot of teams with good skill guys but don't have the Bingham type lines.

Go look at SJP on film. Theres your evidence

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

AHP would compete with those tier one schools and probably whoop Bingham.   

AHP doesn't have the coaching or discipline to beat Bingham in a football game.   7 on 7 ...yes.

AHP would feast on Tier 3 teams because Tier 3 can't generally play power football required to wear down AHP

42 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Yes.  Grayson's offense is not capable of scoring over 17 points vs  the Tier 1 teams.  And the Tier 1 offenses would score 28+ off Grayson.

Grayson offense struggled not only against Ga defense, but also against a La defense and IMG last year.

Wow... thats your evidence? IMG last year? Do you know the circumstances surrounding that game? Or think any of those teams have a D comparable to IMGs that matchup with Grayson that way?

Graysons defense also has one of the best secondarys and LB cores in the country. MD may score 28 but thats it. STA showed you what an elite D can do from the SE.

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Wow... thats your evidence? IMG last year? Do you know the circumstances surrounding that game? Or think any of those teams have a D comparable to IMGs that matchup with Grayson that way?

Graysons defense also has one of the best secondarys and LB cores in the country. MD may score 28 but thats it. STA showed you what an elite D can do from the SE.

Grayson hurt themselves by trailing last Friday.  No other way around it.  Had to drop them.  They just are not explosive enough, nor do they have a sufficient  offensive scheme to keep with Tier 1.  Landry Walker is 0-2 and got 3 scores off John Curtis.  Same as Grayson

Hoover got 26 off Grayson and Grayson only scored 34 points in the past 2 games.  This is concerning on both ends

10 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I think tier 2 should have an ammendment that says something like ....or they will have trouble scoring.

A lot of teams that suck on offense, but have exceptional defenses that could probably keep tier 1 within 21. 

Yes Tier 1 teams have elite offenses in addition to stout defenses.    A tier 2 team with a stout defense and mediocre offense losing by (7-14) to a Tier 1 team = a balanced Tier 2 team losing by 14-21. 

For Example

Grayson losing to STA (7-14) would be the same as Chaminade losing to SJB (17-31)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Based on they only beat Bishop Sullivan by 7 and SFA beat Bishop Sullivan by 21

Based on they only beat Verde something,  by 2 points in the finals last year.

Tier 2.  They are clearly not on elite  level currently

Whatever man they had like 5 turnovers to 0.   When BG loses to a team like MC they stay elite.  When a team like BTW loses to MC they are irrelevent.   Coo.   How many yards did Liberty have on AHP again?  That game coulda been 50-0 if AHP didn't take their foot off the gas.   

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Whatever man they had like 5 turnovers to 0.   When BG loses to a team like MC they stay elite.  When a team like BTW loses to MC they are irrelevent.   Coo.   How many yards did Liberty have on AHP again?  That game coulda been 50-0 if AHP didn't take their foot off the gas.   

Liberty is irrelevant in 2017 

I would put BTW at Tier 2 for the time being. (added to Tier 2).  Not sure how they would fare against a National Tier 1 team.  BG was in the game vs. Mater Dei.  Bishop Gorman played MC as good as BTW.  I think BG matches up better against more teams than BTW would.