Congrats Grayson big win today

HooverOutlaw

2 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Don't like the predetermined bracket especially and automatically taking 4 teams from a region......and don't they do coin flips for tiebreakers? and non region games meaning very little.

I much prefer the seeding system

The predetermined brackets can add strategy to the thing as the regions start to take shape. Not saying teams would do it, but, a choice could be made whether or not you want to go in as a number 1 or other seed depending on how you think you may match up against the other teams in the brackets you could land in. 

Non-region games mean more now since the addition of one at large playoff entry due to SOS points. 

How about I just send you the spreadsheet Monday and you pick it. There isn't a single opinion here, nor person I need to prove anything to, worth me investing my time into doing the amount of Pickems needed for 5A when I have nothing personally invested in it. As stated, the past two years, I did it for D1. My son was playing and there were many less games to do the pick ems needed. Anyways, since y'all apparently can't understand the difference in EDUCATED GUESS based on picking winners at this point and what y'all apparently deem predicting the future, I can be of no assistance to you. If you can't see the difference in those statements I'll just sum it up with MAF IS HARD DIS STUPID and move on along.

1 minute ago, TheRealCAJ said:

How about you do it like you said you could.

I have nothing to prove. I didn't make the statement Week 2.....

I didn't make the statement either. I said you could get FAIRLY CLOSE on the bracket by picking winners for the season MINUS THE OCCASIONAL UPSET for the season. REB made the statement "so you can pick the top 4 seeds and the first round matchups" and you chimed in. 

It's not predicting the future. It's making your BEST EDUCATED GUESS on the results of each game, MOST of which are gimmes. Then doing the math. If an upset occurs it skews the math. 

You aren't ready for the math, you can't even pass the comprehension... 

Ok, I'll try one last time.

I am not taking the day or so it would take to predict the schedules of approximately 100 teams. 51 in 5A, and approximately 50 from OOS and lower classifications when I dont give two shits about 5A in general. Here is the gist of the formula though for anyone that DOES care.

Win equals 10 pts plus

Opponents Total wins divided by games played multiplied by 10.

5A and D1 is easier than other classes as there are no play up bonuses.

Now, predict the games and you have all you need for your own damn EDUCATED guess

9 hours ago, Lurker said:

If I felt like doing pick ems on each team for the remainder of the season yes. If you really want to get technical I have an excel spreadsheet that has done it for me the past few years for D1. Again, minus whatever upsets that happen along the way. It's just math, and you picking the winners correctly and unlike Calpreps, it actually gets more accurate as the season progresses.

I could probably do it for D1, there are 12 teams and they are all in...  all you do is pick the order

but ECHS05 was already predicting 1st round match ups so that means not only do you predict the # 1 team but also the # 32 team...  in week 2

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

The announcers had no reason to cry about the refs though, they gave JC a turnover to start the game and took one away from Grayson in the 4th

Umm GA refs are bad and pretty bias . They made that AH game vs  colquit a lot closer than it should have been .  Grayson is solid than huge drop off is how I see it 

3 hours ago, Reb72 said:

I could probably do it for D1, there are 12 teams and they are all in...  all you do is pick the order

but ECHS05 was already predicting 1st round match ups so that means not only do you predict the # 1 team but also the # 32 team...  in week 2

Actually, instead of #32 team, he's saying the odds on favorite to finish 4th in region X which he knows from looking at the bracket. Not terribly difficult with some regions, more difficult with others

5 hours ago, Ballhawku said:

Umm GA refs are bad and pretty bias . They made that AH game vs  colquit a lot closer than it should have been .  Grayson is solid than huge drop off is how I see it 

GA refs have been pretty good this year.

You can see it how you like... but a 12-7 game vs McEachern says your seeing it through opaque glasses.

Grayson has no identity on offense... its pure talent right now.

Colquitt and especially Lowndes can play with, and possibly beat them in 7A. And Grayson players Archer the 13th of October... Archer WILL beat them if they play like they did vs JC or McEachern.

Id take Rome, Buford, Cartersville, and Carrollton over a lot of teams too.

1 hour ago, ron169 said:

Actually, instead of #32 team, he's saying the odds on favorite to finish 4th in region X which he knows from looking at the bracket. Not terribly difficult with some regions, more difficult with others

but ours doesn't seed like that, it's a power ranking that just does 1 - 32 without regard to districts, regions, etc

we used to have bi-district in round 1 and that was pretty easy.  District 1 Champ vs District 2 Runner Up and vice versa...  but not like that any more

18 hours ago, Blueliner said:

You KNOW we'll be watching :ph34r::D        

...it'll be a battle for sure. Lots on the line for both teams. Good win today and good luck against SP.

You realize a course! That Buford is in a WIN WIN situation against South Pointe! The best team in Carolina, against a top ten team in Georgia! A Top ten team in Carolina nearly beat national champion Allen a coupla seasons ago!

37 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

but ours doesn't seed like that, it's a power ranking that just does 1 - 32 without regard to districts, regions, etc

we used to have bi-district in round 1 and that was pretty easy.  District 1 Champ vs District 2 Runner Up and vice versa...  but not like that any more

It'd be WONDERFUL if Georgia did that! Future national champion Colquitt had to waste  a week, playing a 3-7 North Paulding team in 2015! While 5-5 Tift Co. stayed home in round one!

On 9/9/2017 at 10:32 PM, Reb72 said:

how can you guys already be projecting playoff matchups...  our seedings won't even begin to take shape until midway of the season and can still change pretty dramatically until the end of the regular season

Due to the asinine antics of the GHSA! We only have 40 something teams in 7A! And four teams go to the playoffs from eight different regions! Except of course, 1-7A, who has to fight the fifth best team in the other seven regions, for that fourth playoff wildcard spot!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

Due to the asinine antics of the GHSA! We only have 40 something teams in 7A! And four teams go to the playoffs from eight different regions! Except of course, 1-7A, who has to fight the fifth best team in the other seven regions, for that fourth playoff wildcard spot!

Don't forget to add that there are only 4 teams in 1-7A so if there weren't some type of play in/power ranking *every* team in the region would go to the playoffs regardless of record.  I fully understand the issues with having enough large schools in south GA and am not debating that.  I'm just pointing out that there are special circumstances for 1-7A that you chose not to mention.