Battle On The Border -- Game 5 -- Moss Point 19 - Byrd 28 Final

Frosty4024

On 9/8/2017 at 8:13 PM, Frosty4024 said:

Yeah...On the 30.

And mad as hell at the concessions....These fools wanted to charge for an empty plate to hold the hotdog, sandwich, and 2 Powerades I PAID $18 FOR!!!!

Damn this city...

I had possibly the worst pretzel I've ever had... and I've had some bad ones before!

On 9/9/2017 at 5:48 PM, ATLien12x said:

What's with the water breaks lol

It was really hot in the stadium but yea, JC got a water break time out just when they needed it.  They were confused on D with players coming and going and totally not ready while we were ready to go and whistle - official time out water break.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 5:37 PM, ECHS05 said:

Their coaching leaves a lot to be desired.

On 9/9/2017 at 5:38 PM, ECHS05 said:

Grayson looks very badly coached. 

This is what I was worried about with a new HC thats only been a HC for 1 season prior to this for a Very bad team. 

I'll be sure to pass along your analysis of our coaching staff and your vote of confidence.  In the meantime, we've won 3 that we could have easily lost.  :D

On 9/9/2017 at 5:05 PM, ECHS05 said:

Give Irons some quick routes... he is holding the ball every time...

No one listens to what I've been saying all season.  He is a run first QB.  A strong runner to be sure but he doesn't see the open receivers as quick as Chase did and I think he tends to bail a couple of seconds too early.  Or he will start to scramble and take a sack by not getting rid of the ball fast enough which goes back to not seeing the open receivers.  It probably doesn't help that we've had a case of the dropsies all season nor does it help that DJ didn't get to practice with us much over the summer.  With a bye week and then ISB I think we can get the rhythm going we need by the time region rolls around.

Okay,  once again it wasn't pretty a good bit of the time but we made it happen.  We started off moving the ball pretty good on the first two possessions and then went flat big time.  It wasn't until JC went up 9-3 that we suddenly woke up.  I went to the car wash when I got home to get the dang love bugs off and it turned out one of the kids working on my truck is a Grayson player and he said the same thing.  (Side note: The team got in about 6:00am Sunday morning and this kid was at work on Sunday afternoon.  Strong work ethic!) He said they just seemed to go flat.  I wonder how much the water breaks slowed things down and broke the rhythm?  It seemed like every time we would start to do something there was a time out.  It was as bad or worse than a TV game with all the TV timeouts.

We didn't have a lot of people in the stands and were told we couldn't bring noisemakers into the stadium.  Really?  I've taken them into the GA Dome and we can't bring them into a high school game?  Didn't seem to bother JC as one fan had an air horn that he kept blowing during our offensive play count before the snap.  It didn't work.

Lots of comments about our QB.  He didn't get to practice with us much this summer so there are still a lot of timing issues to work out.  I personally think he is probably a run first QB and he's not as fast as he could be reading the coverage.  That forces him into a) scrambling on holding on the to the ball too long or b) taking off and running when he could hang there another second or two for the receivers to get open.  It is a fine line that only repetitions will hone.

I know there are questions about our coaching from some.  Clearly Hunnicutt is at a different point in his career than Mickey or Jeff were.  There is no question about that.  He's our coach now and I think he's doing okay.  Many of the assistants are the same and have been there for years so there is some continuity there.  Coach seems to be pretty good about letting them do their thing.  As has been said, after one coach for 16 years, we've now had 3 in the past 3 years counting our first coach.  That's a lot of change. 

I think we have the talent and the depth.  I'm glad we have some more time to pull it together but the reality is that we are 3-0 when we could have very well been 0-3.  I'm not too worried about national rankings because while nice, if you aren't #1 at the end, they really don't matter that much.  We are trying to step up the program and do the things we need to but that takes time to accomplish.  I'm most concerned about this year and I think we've got a good chance to be playing ball in December.  It may not happen, after all these are hormonal teenage boys playing a game but I think we've got a chance.  I don't think it is a lock by any means but I think we've got a strong chance.  After all at the state level it's not about what someone thinks about you but how what the W and L look like.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fred said:

Okay,  once again it wasn't pretty a good bit of the time but we made it happen.  We started off moving the ball pretty good on the first two possessions and then went flat big time.  It wasn't until JC went up 9-3 that we suddenly woke up.  I went to the car wash when I got home to get the dang love bugs off and it turned out one of the kids working on my truck is a Grayson player and he said the same thing.  (Side note: The team got in about 6:00am Sunday morning and this kid was at work on Sunday afternoon.  Strong work ethic!) He said they just seemed to go flat.  I wonder how much the water breaks slowed things down and broke the rhythm?  It seemed like every time we would start to do something there was a time out.  It was as bad or worse than a TV game with all the TV timeouts.

We didn't have a lot of people in the stands and were told we couldn't bring noisemakers into the stadium.  Really?  I've taken them into the GA Dome and we can't bring them into a high school game?  Didn't seem to bother JC as one fan had an air horn that he kept blowing during our offensive play count before the snap.  It didn't work.

Lots of comments about our QB.  He didn't get to practice with us much this summer so there are still a lot of timing issues to work out.  I personally think he is probably a run first QB and he's not as fast as he could be reading the coverage.  That forces him into a) scrambling on holding on the to the ball too long or b) taking off and running when he could hang there another second or two for the receivers to get open.  It is a fine line that only repetitions will hone.

I know there are questions about our coaching from some.  Clearly Hunnicutt is at a different point in his career than Mickey or Jeff were.  There is no question about that.  He's our coach now and I think he's doing okay.  Many of the assistants are the same and have been there for years so there is some continuity there.  Coach seems to be pretty good about letting them do their thing.  As has been said, after one coach for 16 years, we've now had 3 in the past 3 years counting our first coach.  That's a lot of change. 

I think we have the talent and the depth.  I'm glad we have some more time to pull it together but the reality is that we are 3-0 when we could have very well been 0-3.  I'm not too worried about national rankings because while nice, if you aren't #1 at the end, they really don't matter that much.  We are trying to step up the program and do the things we need to but that takes time to accomplish.  I'm most concerned about this year and I think we've got a good chance to be playing ball in December.  It may not happen, after all these are hormonal teenage boys playing a game but I think we've got a chance.  I don't think it is a lock by any means but I think we've got a strong chance.  After all at the state level it's not about what someone thinks about you but how what the W and L look like.

Cheerleaders could have snuck the blowhorns in...And Rebels fans ALWAYS have a cowbell or two...

It's not that hard to get them in that stadium...Probably could squeeze them under the gate at a certain spot and no one would notice...

Sooo many options.....lol

3 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Cheerleaders could have snuck the blowhorns in...And Rebels fans ALWAYS have a cowbell or two...

It's not that hard to get them in that stadium...Probably could squeeze them under the gate at a certain spot and no one would notice...

Sooo many options.....lol

We had a few ladies that had cowbells in their purses and they didn't have problems.  I have a bag with two large cowbells and my sleigh bells that I normally carry but after the warning I left them in the truck.  I think the lack of crowd noise helped us to go flat.  We normally are reasonably loud.  B|