Battle On The Border -- Game 5 -- Moss Point 19 - Byrd 28 Final

Frosty4024

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

I'm not really downing them, i was just saying on a national level, they aren't the best of teams to be your marquee win. 

But it's all eye test at the end of the day, right?  Curtis won the eye test in 2012 without a single win against a true team near their caliber.  Evangel wasn't scheduling the likes of Allen for national polls, they were doing it because they want to be the best they can be and facing the best allows you to measure yourself.  

1 minute ago, westbankeagle said:

Haha I win again! 

You do, huh?

Just like Shaw, I suppose.

Shaw is now 1-12 in their last 14 games and they won't win a game this year......You can do the math, I think.

Stay sunny and never lose perspective. Appreciate your opinions very much on everyone else's freakin team though......greatly. 

1 minute ago, TheRealCAJ said:

You do, huh?

Just like Shaw, I suppose.

Shaw is now 1-12 in their last 14 games and they won't win a game this year......You can do the math, I think.

Stay sunny and never lose perspective. Appreciate your opinions very much on everyone else's freakin team though......greatly. 

I've said Shaw is the worst team in 5A so I'm not sure why you think telling me they are bad is somehow going to get under my skin.  I do enjoy your thoughts on not losing perspective.  That's why I choose not to call people racial epithets, because we are all God's creations.  Cheers bud, and sorry a black guy took your girl to the prom.

2 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

We all know states have up years and down years.  If this ends up being a down year for LA, oh well.  LA lost so many kids after Katrina who would be high schoolers right now (RB from Northshore TX is one I'm pretty sure about) and the state would be shining way brighter.  It's the way life is.  LA won't be down for long, even if we are down this year.  The state loves football too much (see participation numbers).

I wouldn't say La is down as a whole. Certain programs are down vs the norm but La. typically has 3-5 TEAMS worth discussing on a national level. Talent wise, it is a rich state, but team wise it is not. 

Just now, Lurker said:

I wouldn't say La is down as a whole. Certain programs are down vs the norm but La. typically has 3-5 TEAMS worth discussing on a national level. Talent wise, it is a rich state, but team wise it is not. 

I think it is because most schools in LA are small.  When you compare just 60+ 5A size schools to other states, it's hard to really be apples to apples.  For instance, there are 400+ schools in TX the size of a LA 5A school or bigger.  We have so many talent spread out around smaller schools which is also why I'd say LA has the best small school programs in the nation.  You'd be hard pressed to find schools with less than 500 kids like LA has all over which are so great at football.  If this was smallschoolprepgridiron.com the polls would have a TON of LA teams.

Just now, westbankeagle said:

I think it is because most schools in LA are small.  When you compare just 60+ 5A size schools to other states, it's hard to really be apples to apples.  For instance, there are 400+ schools in TX the size of a LA 5A school or bigger.  We have so many talent spread out around smaller schools which is also why I'd say LA has the best small school programs in the nation.  You'd be hard pressed to find schools with less than 500 kids like LA has all over which are so great at football.  If this was smallschoolprepgridiron.com the polls would have a TON of LA teams.

That's part of it. There are many reasons for it. Economics for one. They just don't have the money or facilities. It also keeps them from attracting top level coaches. 

Lack of open enrollment is another. The state is too busy arguing amongst themselves about recruiting to ever field more than a handful of nationally relevant programs. 

Many other factors play into it as well. Those are just a couple.

Anyways, a lot of football left to be played. Almost an entire season with playoffs...glad you all have it figured out.

Good win for Grayson......they worked for it.

Out of this madness and moving on.

Don't sleep on Warren Easton when they play Curtis...Call me dumb, but they don't look much different than Grayson.That's my opinion.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

When that dude says anything good about Louisiana it will be the first time.....losing will do that.

I don't need it.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That's part of it. There are many reasons for it. Economics for one. They just don't have the money or facilities. It also keeps them from attracting top level coaches. 

Lack of open enrollment is another. The state is too busy arguing amongst themselves about recruiting to ever field more than a handful of nationally relevant programs. 

Many other factors play into it as well. Those are just a couple.

And despite that we can still tussle with top teams from other states, many times event winning.  Above all, though, I'd say it is the coaching that holds us back.  Lots of lazy coaches who dont want to do what it takes to be successful. 

1 minute ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Anyways, a lot of football left to be played. Almost an entire season with playoffs...glad you all have figured out.

Good win for Grayson......they worked for it.

Out of this madness and moving on.

Don't sleep on Warren Easton when they play Curtis...Call me dumb, but they don't look much different than Grayson.That's my opinion.

Warren Easton is a prime example. Give JT Curtis the Easton talent and it would be nearly unstoppable. As is, they will always struggle against top programs in state. Most undisciplined team I have ever watched. With that, and the fact that not a single kid in NOLA public school history has ever considered soccer or grew up wanting to be a kicker, JC will beat them with discipline, coaching, and special teams.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Warren Easton is a prime example. Give JT Curtis the Easton talent and it would be nearly unstoppable. As is, they will always struggle against top programs in state. Most undisciplined team I have ever watched. With that, and the fact that not a single kid in NOLA public school history has ever considered soccer or grew up wanting to be a kicker, JC will beat them with discipline, coaching, and special teams.

Now, let's not pretend Curtis is some little engine that could.  LSU baseball commit at LB, state sprint champion at RB, son of NFL player at WR, one of the top TE in the country, state high jump champion at WR, and theres probably more.  They have talent. 

3 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

Now, let's not pretend Curtis is some little engine that could.  LSU baseball commit at LB, state sprint champion at RB, son of NFL player at WR, one of the top TE in the country, state high jump champion at WR, and theres probably more.  They have talent. 

Never said they didn't have talent. But let's talk about those mentioned:

1. Baseball... what part of being a LSU level baseball player makes you a talented LB???

2. Someone that runs fast in a straight line. He doesn't have to have vision or agility on the track.

3. A great players SON. He has to be great.

4. A TE that never ran a single route today vs Grayson and came out on passing downs.

5. Someone that has a good vertical

Anyways, I didn't say that Curtis doesn't have talent. However, most years, they are not the most talented team on the field in a large portion of their games

Very good thread about La. Football.   May you all enjoy football this weekend.  It was great for Me. Allen won, Longhorns finally (LOL) and them damn Boys got the GI-Ants tomorrow.   Oh and TCU mudstomped an SEC team on the Road.  Now I hate Zero-U. But I am pulling for them to kick Some Big 10 ass in the Horseshoe in Ohio.  USC vs. Stanford late, Ga. vs. ND, Auburn vs. Clemson.  Awesome Weekend for Football at all levels.  Hell Bingham and Some Big ass Polynesians from Hawaii later.  

Good Stuff.   Lurker thanks for the updates.   Was pulling for JC tough loss against a good Grayson squad.  Grayson beat AL. and LA. #1 teams that's pretty good. Allen accomplished the same feat Last year too.  Don't worry ECA will go to State every team Allen beats OOS goes to their State Championships.   Hoover, Dutch Fork, Viera, Evangel all went to State after losing to Allen.   ECA and Hoover won State. It's a good thing for an OOS team to lose to the Mighty EAGLES of Collin County.:D  Yet Allen only won State here after beating DF.  All others they lost in the playoffs.   #TrueDepthinHSFootballTxTough

Just now, Lurker said:

Never said they didn't have talent. But let's talk about those mentioned:

1. Baseball... what part of being a LSU level baseball player makes you a talented LB???

2. Someone that runs fast in a straight line. He doesn't have to have vision or agility on the track.

3. A great players SON. He has to be great.

4. A TE that never ran a single route today vs Grayson and came out on passing downs.

5. Someone that has a good vertical

Anyways, I didn't say that Curtis doesn't have talent. However, most years, they are not the most talented team on the field in a large portion of their games

But that's silly to break it down that way.  There is no "football" gene, there is just athleticism.  These guys are very good athletes.  I'd bed to differ on them not being the most talented team on the field most games.  If you mean to say against OOS opponents I would probably agree, but in-state, almost always are they a more athletic team.  I mean, they didn't win the 2012 MNC on reputation alone, they could do that any year they wen't undefeated.  Those kids were SICK!

Just now, westbankeagle said:

But that's silly to break it down that way.  There is no "football" gene, there is just athleticism.  These guys are very good athletes.  I'd bed to differ on them not being the most talented team on the field most games.  If you mean to say against OOS opponents I would probably agree, but in-state, almost always are they a more athletic team.  I mean, they didn't win the 2012 MNC on reputation alone, they could do that any year they wen't undefeated.  Those kids were SICK!

Which is why I said MOST years. Never mentioned 2012. That year they had the talent to go along with everything else that makes Curtis a top program.

Lets just look at this season as an example. So far, they have played Landry Walker and Grayson. Both, talent wise, well ahead of Curtis.

Just now, Lurker said:

Which is why I said MOST years. Never mentioned 2012. That year they had the talent to go along with everything else that makes Curtis a top program.

Lets just look at this season as an example. So far, they have played Landry Walker and Grayson. Both, talent wise, well ahead of Curtis.

I agree.  I would say the rest of the season, they will face either equal or lesser talent though. Equal= Rummel, Easton, lesser= everyone else.

9 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

I agree.  I would say the rest of the season, they will face either equal or lesser talent though. Equal= Rummel, Easton, lesser= everyone else.

I would disagree. I would say they are less talented than Rummel, Easton, and yes St Aug. They will still win at least 2 of those and likely all. I would say equal talent to Parkview and will win that game. The rest until playoffs they will have more talent and win going away.