LOSER, 954, Golf, Zoe, etc. etc.

181pl

My local weather dude is now saying Moultrie can expect a minimum Cat 1 possibly 2 or 3 starting with tropical storm force winds around lunch Monday and building to 70-100 mph by evening. 5-10 inches of rain. 

Looks like I'm gonna hafta dust off the old kite. ...or maybe I can just tie a rope to one of the pecan trees out back. Same difference in that type of wind. 

On 9/9/2017 at 1:16 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

My local weather dude is now saying Moultrie can expect a minimum Cat 1 possibly 2 or 3 starting with tropical storm force winds around lunch Monday and building to 70-100 mph by evening. 5-10 inches of rain. 

Looks like I'm gonna hafta dust off the old kite. ...or maybe I can just tie a rope to one of the pecan trees out back. Same difference in that type of wind. 

Im stuck in Tifton. 

25 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ok, just for documentation purposes, as of 12:30 a.m., 8 miles from Moultrie, Doerun, Norman Park and Sylvester... the power is out officially. 

Will be looking for a roll call from all of our friends to the south and around in the morning. 

Worst has yet to come and we're getting winds of up to 50 MPH....

House OK.  We lost power Sunday morning 6:30 am.  Not restored yet. 

A generator and several friends with power (AC ) has helped.  We are working at my son's gf's townhome today.  Steady internet and AC a treat (we left house showing 85 deg indoors last night).  

Two portions of fence broke.  One portion there were two uprooted trees in our backyard.  We lost two palms in front yard.  

Hope forum brethren safe with limited or no damages (hopefully the latter). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

14 hours to drive back from ATL to house with no power and tree limbs. Looks like we live in the Ewok forest. 

This is funny but not funny... A hispanic guy I know, who doesn't speak fluent english, described his yard and damage to me this morning... He said, "The bushes! They come for my house, man." 

I think he had an ewok forest too. Cool description. 

We just got out power back at 9 last night. Many in Moultrie/Colquitt County still have none. 

Glad to hear from most of our friends already though. Looking for a post from Zoe still though. I feel like they made it through ok, but probably like so many, still no power or something.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is funny but not funny... A hispanic guy I know, who doesn't speak fluent english, described his yard and damage to me this morning... He said, "The bushes! They come for my house, man." 

I think he had an ewok forest too. Cool description. 

We just got out power back at 9 last night. Many in Moultrie/Colquitt County still have none. 

Glad to hear from most of our friends already though. Looking for a post from Zoe still though. I feel like they made it through ok, but probably like so many, still no power or something.

I'm hear... We made it... Besides a down tree that fell down my house , we all good...

• Like 1