LOSER, 954, Golf, Zoe, etc. etc.

181pl

9 minutes ago, 181pl said:

If it shifts any more west were F'd. The geography of Tampa Bay is unique. It is a very shallow body of water (less than 100 feet) and it has a low lying peninsula (S. Tampa, where I live) in the middle. If the hurricane hugs the coast, the counterclockwise wind will push all of the water in our bay over peninsular Tampa. If it is a strong enough hurricane, we'll have water to or over our roofs. No place to run. 

I'm boarding up tonight and hauling ass tomorrow if it shifts any more west.

Roads are backed up and most gas stations are out 

If you going to try evacuation i advise you just head to a centralized location in Florida that would be away from storm surge and ride out the wind and rain 

Trying to leave state this late would be nearly impossible and you would likely run out of gas before getting out of Florida 

• Like 1

It still doesn't look like it's ready to turn boys. This thing may get into the gulf. These weather nerds haven't been right about much on this path at all. 

The original track their computer models showed when it first hit cat 5 is the one it's on now. It hasn't even bobbled to the north at all. Actually it bobbled a little south and has landfell on the Cuban coast a little now. 

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

If it shifts any more west were F'd. The geography of Tampa Bay is unique. It is a very shallow body of water (less than 100 feet) and it has a low lying peninsula (S. Tampa, where I live) in the middle. If the hurricane hugs the coast, the counterclockwise wind will push all of the water in our bay over peninsular Tampa. If it is a strong enough hurricane, we'll have water to or over our roofs. No place to run. 

Fuck bro praying for u man just head some where safe now bro don't wait

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It still doesn't look like it's ready to turn boys. This thing may get into the gulf. These weather nerds haven't been right about much on this path at all. 

The original track their computer models showed when it first hit cat 5 is the one it's on now. It hasn't even bobbled to the north at all. Actually it bobbled a little south and has landfell on the Cuban coast a little now. 

Not trying to chsngr the seriousness of this at all hog. But ur post is exactly why I don't trust this global warming. These fucks can't predict weather patterns and we are supposed to believe what they are calling in 50 yrs?

• Like 2

Just now, thc6795 said:

Not trying to chsngr the seriousness of this at all hog. But ur post is exactly why I don't trust this global warming. These fucks can't predict weather patterns and we are supposed to believe what they are calling in 50 yrs?

I agree to an extent. They can make pretty good educated guesses at stuff like this storm track though. They kept thinking the front that was sagging southward would steer it, but the Bermuda high out there has been stronger than that front so far. Supposedly there is a bow in the jet stream around the Oklahoma region that is going to continue to drop and force the turn northward. 

I'm no weather man, but, I've been watching this thing and thought all along it would get into the gulf. It just never has even bobbled. I know they try to err on the side of caution to protect lives, but it's the missed calls like this that eventually cause people to not trust them and stay instead of evacuate. 

32 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Crazy right?! This thing stayed a cat 5 longer than any other in recorded history, spent most of today a 4 and now bowed up again to a 5. And is defying the weatherman and his bull and doing wtf ever it wants to do. 

If it hits the gulf... anything east of the chattahoochee is fucked... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Crazy right?! This thing stayed a cat 5 longer than any other in recorded history, spent most of today a 4 and now bowed up again to a 5. And is defying the weatherman and his bull and doing wtf ever it wants to do. 

You know whats weird... 

They say hey "it'll be a Tropical Storm when it gets to GA and North FL". If it stays over water... it'll hit us as a 3 or 4 or the rarity it holds steam and stays as a 5... not impossible Ive done some research. 

Hurricanes that do hit GA have a tendency to stall over GA.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You know whats weird... 

They say hey "it'll be a Tropical Storm when it gets to GA and North FL". If it stays over water... it'll hit us as a 3 or 4 or the rarity it holds steam and stays as a 5... not impossible Ive done some research. 

Hurricanes that do hit GA have a tendency to stall over GA.... 

I think maybe they're getting pretty close to pin pointing it's track now. If it does landfall around Naples or so and stays over land all the way up to Georgia, tropical storm force to cat 1 will be it. Even that can be pretty catastrophic here because of the trees. Power out for days even. Not really looking forward to that at all. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think maybe they're getting pretty close to pin pointing it's track now. If it does landfall around Naples or so and stays over land all the way up to Georgia, tropical storm force to cat 1 will be it. Even that can be pretty catastrophic here because of the trees. Power out for days even. Not really looking forward to that at all. 

Worse case scenario it hits land and strays back into the water... 

At this point that looks like what'll happen... 

Not trying to be a Negative Nancy but I have this feeling itll hug the coastal waters and keep Strength as a 3 or 4 and slam into us and Tallahassee... 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Irmas path has to much water and Humid soil for it to lose strength that rapidly... 

If you notice... 

Atlantic hurricanes tend to be the stronger ones... 

They also tend to last longer... 

And another one... 

Hurricane Jose... looks like its going Northeast. But if theirs one thing ive learned. You can't predict a Hurricane this early... 

If Jose goes Northwest... Jacksonville(FL),Savannah,South Ga in General will be right  in the Brute range of it....  

And Im tired of being ran from my apartment every 3 months... 

@aZjimbo Can I move to Arizona...? 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

These weather geniuses we got... 

Nobody can get its path right... 

The eye is staying over water until it hits North FL near Tallahassee... 

6 hours ago, 181pl said:

Be safe bud, if you need to get out definitely do it.   Who know if Irma really moves up.   It's definitely gone further West than anyone thought it would.