Batten Down Boys...Big Mama Is Coming !!!!!!

Rufus69

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Everyone in this area and Florida... 

Like to wait till the before and then get Jammed in traffic... 

Luckily I always stay stocked on Canned foods.

I got 5 cans of Creamed corn 

5 cans of Beans and franks. 

6 cans of various ravioli

My 2 Gallon can of gas. 

16 bottles of water 

5 bottles of Gatorade. 

6 cans of beer. 

A skillet. 

A lighter 

A floodlight 

My bible and my Wallet... 

6 cans of 🍺 beer? WTH. You ain't ready for no Irma, boy. Betta go back for 18 more. Lol

37 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Hah, my ex's mother in law had the genuine article. Bomb shelter made of brick and mortar. Complete with kitchen and bathroom and a sleeping area. It was actually nicer than my first house... all underground. My ex and my ex mother in law  both past away but my ex's husband still lives in the 2 story house with the shelter in the backyard. He keeps it spiffy and ready to go.

If you have the money, why not?

'Cat, backyard bomb shelters are part of our state's flamboyant history. Fifty plus years later they may seem a little over the top, and quite frankly useless. But like you say it's only money. Your mother in law had it and her buried fortress sounds really first rate. My neighbors, on the other hand, dug holes in the backyard, built dog boxes, then threw sand over the roof. Different strokes for different folks. #floridaboy

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Ms. Violet says we may be screwed either way.  Probably a Cat 3 if and when it hits the Jacksonville area.  Probably a Cat 2 if and when it hits South Berlin.  Wind and water on the island versus 80 ft pine trees in South Georgia.  

We may end up in Gray....(Smile).

Rufus>>

Come on up to the ATL and let Miss Violet get some shopping in.  I know a little place that has really good margaritas for you.  :D

11 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yea I honestly dont have many places to run....  

I could stay... but given where I live... 

That would be vastly unwise.... 

Atlanta Motor Speedway, which is about 25-30 mins from me, is letting evacuees use the inside of the track as a campground...