West Orange Stark Texans YES OR NO

DevilDog

2016 4A WEST ORANGE STARK TOP 30 TEAM IN TEXAS  

2 members have voted

1. 1. IS THIS WOS TEAM TOP 30 IN TEXAS

• YES
    • NO

You realize Caj is just going to come in this thread too?

There are certain teams that can put up a lot of point on inferior teams... a lot of times because of scheme...  and make it look worse than it is...

Lets say...for example

4A WOS beats Navarro 49-7

6A Duncanville beats Navarro 35-7

Does that mean WOS can play with Duncanville? No not necessarily. As I said... there are certain teams that can put up a lot of points on inferior teams... and theres certain teams that wont put up as many points, and wont win by as large of a MoV.. but could be better than the team that puts up a lot of points. 

My point... just bc WoS is killing these teams doesnt mean they are fit to play vs better 6A teams. Hell Euless Trinity might only come in and beat Navarro 28-7... but they could still beat WoS 28-7 also because of style of play. There are just certain Schemes/styles that lend themselves well to putting up a lot of points on inferior teams. And there are certain schemes that are made to just win the game, and not put up loads of points... but that team could be every bit as good as the team that puts up a load of points. 

WOS very well could be Top 30 in TX, idk... havent seen them play. But I have a hard time believing it simply because they are crushing 4A teams. Even if they beat all of them 80-0.

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

They would not be able to play with LT. Nor Allen.

Of course not, he didn't ask if they were a top 5 texas team just top 30.  IMO that would put them in the denton guyer, duncanville caliber and I believe depth would come into play by the 4th quarter.  Now,could they catch a team a time or two in a series of 10 games?  Absolutely, they could win 2-3.  I also would think if they are solidly top 30, then that means they have the depth and talent to run through 5A/6A schedule and endure injuries, etc.. I'm skeptical they could.

The championship team from last year didn't do so well when they played Richmond Foster early in the season. 

I'd expect similar results if they had tried to play a team of that caliber this year. They did beat 5A PNG which I guess counts for something.

I don't think any team in 4A will come within 2 touchdowns of beating them this year.

I'd say they make the bottom of the top 30 at best

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Champa said:

The championship team from last year didn't do so well when they played Richmond Foster early in the season. 

I'd expect similar results if they had tried to play a team of that caliber this year. They did beat 5A PNG which I guess counts for something.

I don't think any team in 4A will come within 2 touchdowns of beating them this year.

I'd say they make the bottom of the top 30 at best

Where are you from Champa and what school do you support?

5 minutes ago, Champa said:

Beaumont area.

The school I graduated from (Silsbee) isn't relevant on a national scale. Still trying to beat Carthage in the playoffs. Came really, really close this year. They've sent us home three times now.

I pull for most Texas teams.

Welcome.  Like you I follow Texas teams in general.  I graduated from LD Bell and we haven't been statewide relevant since losing to Beaumont Westbrook in '82 in the finals