Whiteshoes Top 100 - September 5, 2017

whiteshoes

5 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

The opposite is actually true. 

https://www.medpagetoday.com/meetingcoverage/apss/58591

Wise guys in Vegas know it's easier for teams traveling  from west to east as well and it's reflected in lines. 

Actually the time of arrival when traveling from East to West is the most important element. ( I do it regularly ). I have learned that if the arrival time going east is such that if it is late enough to check into the hotel and the get to bed with a good nights sleep, the body quickly recovers from the air pressure adjustments and time difference. ( absolutely no jet lag ) I always wake up refreshed and ready to go. With mid-day arrival times it usually sucks as it takes much longer to recover from the flight and time difference. When coming back, no matter what the arrival time, when I get home, jet lag hangs around and it sucks for a day or two. ( something teams travelling east to west have to deal with )

The biggest disadvantage for west coast teams is adjusting to the humidity because west coasters metabolisms adapt to our moderate climate to the point that trying to adjust to eastern humidity is not very easy. ( one of the reasons that at least at the outset of each season, I believe east coast and southern programs are better for the most part than what we have out west ) This was a subject I addressed in an earlier post before the SJB/STA game. Several bookies that I know chatted with me about that game ( though they did not take bets on it ) and all agreed that SJB was a better team but would have put STA as the favorite because the humidity and conditions with the heavier air would affect the SJB air attack which showed during the game. 

For the most part you are correct in your original post but at the HS level the intangibles ( such as teams that have had the summer and fall practices in high humidity and for the most part should be better conditioned ) play a bigger role than the college or NFL level.

8 hours ago, Bucfootball90 said:

I can't see Pickerington central, OH as a top 100 team in the nation.  I feel like that's just an OH power state ranking  

They squeak by Detroit Cass Tech

Det cass Tech squeaks by Chicago Simeon, IL

Chicago Simeon, IL gets pummeled by top 10 IL teams.  

That being said it's not an easy job and I enjoy going over your rankings. 

Chain gang is never the way to go.  Games go like they go for whatever reason.

12 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Ok, well, St. John Bosco just played in Ft. Lauderdale on FRI night. When DLS played there in 2011, they also played on a FRI night. So they faced the same situation as SJC but lost an additional 3 hrs. And had to play in humidity they are not accustomed to. When both teams lost to Aquinas, I didn't see East coast fan bringing any of this to attention or buying into it at all. If any of the CA fans would have suggested the results would have been different if played at home, what type of response do you think they would have received in return? That's the point I'm getting at. It only seems to be valid once it happens to whatever team or area that person happens to champion.

Not quite the same situation. FWIW back in 2011 when DLS played STA on Fri. they had played St. Mary's the Fri. before so they did have an extra day. SJC had their first game on a Sat. and then played their 2nd game on a Fri. while traveling cross country so 1 day less. I do agree it is more difficult playing in humid weather for West Coast teams as they are not accustomed to it. And of course you will never hear an East Coast or West Coast fan bring up any extenuating circumstances when they're team had won. Why would they.   

II think we beat this dead horse enough. Hoping to see DLS beat St. Francis and prepare for BG and best of luck to SJC and that gauntlet of a schedule they have. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

SJC had their first game on a Sat. and then played their 2nd game on a Fri. while traveling cross country so 1 day less.

You got me there. I wasn't considering that. I'm sure others have been faced with that same scenario, though.

5 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

And of course you will never hear an East Coast or West Coast fan bring up any extenuating circumstances when they're team had won. Why would they.  

Therein lies the point. If someone sees the impact of the extenuating circumstances when it goes against them, they need to acknowledge it when the shoe is on the other foot. Otherwise they should just disregard altogether. Again, not referring to you specifically even though I quoted your post as an example. I haven't had much interaction with you previously, so I don't want to lump you in with the particular people it applies to. It sounds like we agree more than disagree on the point.

40 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

You got me there. I wasn't considering that. I'm sure others have been faced with that same scenario, though.

Therein lies the point. If someone sees the impact of the extenuating circumstances when it goes against them, they need to acknowledge it when the shoe is on the other foot. Otherwise they should just disregard altogether. Again, not referring to you specifically even though I quoted your post as an example. I haven't had much interaction with you previously, so I don't want to lump you in with the particular people it applies to. It sounds like we agree more than disagree on the point.

No worries, it's all good. Good luck against Central Catholic this week.

11 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Actually, I probably lean more on the side of rooting for CC in that particular matchup. I'm definitely a fan of the SJS when it comes to NorCal, but not a St. Mary's fan specifically.

Good cause St Mary's is going to have a rough day at the office in a few weeks at Levi Stadium 😬 \|/

12 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Good cause St Mary's is going to have a rough day at the office in a few weeks at Levi Stadium 😬 \|/

Yes they will. I will obviously be rooting for the RAMS in that match up and applaud them for scheduling it, but odds are it will be a similar result as their game against SJB last season. I haven't seen St. Mary's play yet this season, but I don't believe they are as good as they were last season and they've got some injury issues at QB. Their stud WR Marcus Aponte was taking snaps last week and running it more than he was slinging it.

20 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

i think Desoto is ranked too high... by everyone...

every practive ive been too has been lacking energy...

i wouldnt be surprised if they lost to a 5a school tonight

Once again you called it SOC.  You said months ago they were lacking and they darn well almost lost to Jesuit.  Duncanville may be the real deal and take their place on top of that district.

• Like 1