Georgia @ Notre Dame... who wins?

ECHS05

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Today has been some BS.... 

Ohio state Lost... 

ND blew another game...(Not even surprised)...  

Stanford..... I dont even know... wtf where they doing... 

Alabama beat cupcake #1 soundly... 

Auburn did the same BS! THE EXACT SAME BS! As last year....  

ND didn't blow the game.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Didn't blow the game but can't beat a real team when it counts. BKs play calling sucks and please don't tell me he doesn't call the plays.

He doesn't call the plays and players still have to make plays.  QB left a lot to be desired tonight.  Like I said, I can roll with this defense and ND came out of this game with no injuries.  It ain't all bad.

26 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Didn't blow the game but can't beat a real team when it counts. BKs play calling sucks and please don't tell me he doesn't call the plays.

At one point ND was 0-10 on 3rd down conversions with an average of 7.5 yds to go. Tough to call plays in those situations with a rookie QB and a stout front 7.

15 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

At one point ND was 0-10 on 3rd down conversions with an average of 7.5 yds to go. Tough to call plays in those situations with a rookie QB and a stout front 7.

Also tough on 3rd and 8 to throw 5 yd passes. Both teams D was excellent. Qbs were less than excellent to say the least. Congrats to the Dawgs.

15 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Also tough on 3rd and 8 to throw 5 yd passes. Both teams D was excellent. Qbs were less than excellent to say the least. Congrats to the Dawgs.

They have three total starts combined. I would expect experienced defenses to have the upper hand. Georgia just had a few more playmakers on offense, and grinded out an ugly win.

8 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

Brian Kelly is 11-15 against Top 25 ranked teams while at Notre Dame. Not a great record.

6 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Over 35,000 Georgia fans at an on campus game at Notre Dame. Unreal 

IMG_3820.JPG

There was a post earlier about Notre Dame not being relevant. Seems to me they are relevant enough for opposing teams fans to want to come experience a game in South Bend at Notre Dame stadium. This held true for Nebraska fans, Texas fans, and now Georgia fans. Some of them never even got into the stadium but wanted to experience the atmosphere. I can't blame them either experiencing game day at Notre Dame is truly a one of a kind treat.

9 hours ago, LeftOnBase said:

Play calling from both teams was suspect. Defense ruled the day.

LOB...I thought Fromm played better than what you'd expect from a true freshman. ..but he still made some ill advised throws.  I was fairly pleased with the Dawg O-Line but I am NOT a fan of the Wild Dawg.  And yep...the Dawg D ....played off its chain.

Rufus>>

Roquan Smith was dynamite keeping Wimbush in-check and never letting him break any big runs. In fact he came up with a HUGE stop on 3rd down when it looked like Wimbush was going to get the 1st and much more on a run outside.

Freshman RB from St. Joseph's Prep in PA... D'Andre Swift had a huge 40 yard run.

Lorenzo Carter (off the infamous Norcross'd team) played really well.

As did Davin Bellamy who hit Wimbush to cause the fumble at the end of the game...

Chubb and Michel are a very good 1-2 punch especially when the OL creates a little room. Having guys like Swift, Herrien, and Holyfield to back them up is just icing on the cake.  

Terry Godwins catch was clutch. Fromm did ok, hes young and that was his 1st big game.

48 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Brian Kelly is 11-15 against Top 25 ranked teams while at Notre Dame. Not a great record.

There was a post earlier about Notre Dame not being relevant. Seems to me they are relevant enough for opposing teams fans to want to come experience a game in South Bend at Notre Dame stadium. This held true for Nebraska fans, Texas fans, and now Georgia fans. Some of them never even got into the stadium but wanted to experience the atmosphere. I can't blame them either experiencing game day at Notre Dame is truly a one of a kind treat.

Having been to ND countless times gameday is a great experience especially for a big game which have been far and few between. While the experience might be relevant for many other teams fans, the fact remains that the ND program is hardly relevant any more.

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

Seems to me they are relevant enough for opposing teams fans to want to come experience a game in South Bend at Notre Dame stadium. 

Why not travel up to visit Chicago? You know Georgia is gonna win the game. You know it'll be a fun night. Good experience for the Dawgs. Not a good look for Notre Dame to be outcheered in their on campus stadium though. Never seen that  

9 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Why not travel up to visit Chicago? You know Georgia is gonna win the game. You know it'll be a fun night. Good experience for the Dawgs. Not a good look for Notre Dame to be outcheered in their on campus stadium though. Never seen that  

I have, Google Nebraska at Notre Dame 2000.

What it says is that some Notre Dame fans elected to make money from this 1 game. With nose bleed tickets going for $500. It looks as though some Notre Dame fans beat Georgia fans in the bank account.

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Roquan Smith was dynamite keeping Wimbush in-check and never letting him break any big runs. In fact he came up with a HUGE stop on 3rd down when it looked like Wimbush was going to get the 1st and much more on a run outside.

Freshman RB from St. Joseph's Prep in PA... D'Andre Swift had a huge 40 yard run.

Lorenzo Carter (off the infamous Norcross'd team) played really well.

As did Davin Bellamy who hit Wimbush to cause the fumble at the end of the game...

Chubb and Michel are a very good 1-2 punch especially when the OL creates a little room. Having guys like Swift, Herrien, and Holyfield to back them up is just icing on the cake.  

Terry Godwins catch was clutch. Fromm did ok, hes young and that was his 1st big game.

Carter made a lot of key plays.  Smith was lights out.  On the one play Wimbush should have lowered his shoulder and got the damn first down instead of trying to outrun a defense that was hawking you the whole damn game.  Bellamy went to work on McGlinchy.  Disappointed in McGlinchy.  

The jet sweep play was the key to the Georgia victory imo.  I can live with what we gave up to Chubb and Michel but that damn jet sweep got two huge first downs.  And that fucking catch was worth 4 damn points.  

Yeah I'm salty.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

Having been to ND countless times gameday is a great experience especially for a big game which have been far and few between. While the experience might be relevant for many other teams fans, the fact remains that the ND program is hardly relevant any more.

In curiosity what does a relevant team to you mean? I only ask because if it is National Championships then only about 3 or 4 teams would be considered relevant and one (Alabama) of them would be considered the most relevant. I'll say Notre Dame hasn't been consistant. They were in the National Championship game in 2013. In 2015 they were a 2 point loss @ Clemson and a 2 point loss @ Stanford from probably being in the College Football Playoffs for the National Championship.

I'm no big Notre Dame fan but I would say that makes them about as relevant as many other teams not named Alabama. Even if they were beaten badly by Alabama they did make it there. They were not real good last year. We will see how this year ends up.