Georgia @ Notre Dame... who wins?

ECHS05

50 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I think we both know, theres been 2 years UGA was robbed a chance in the BCS Natty Title Game.

We were screwed by all the "a team that didnt win their conference shouldnt go to the big game" talk in 2007 from a certain HC... it shouldve been UGA, not LSU in the game.... and then that "rule", was thrown out the window for Bama in 2011 so they could play a boring game vs LSU. ESPN was on Sabans nuts.

2002 was our other year.

The one that hurt the most, was the loss in the SEC title game to Bama in 2012... we lost by 3 yards, and then Bama went on to crush Notre Dame in the National Title game.

UGA has been really good... but UGA is also the unluckiest team in America. Some teams get the bounces... UGA has never been that team. But the talent is in this state, if UGA can lock down their borders, for them to make the playoffs every year. Kirby very well may be the guy to make that happen.

No disrespect but spoken like a true homer that we all know you are. Everything boils down to excuses and bad luck and blah blah blah. Winning teams do not make these excuses they just go out and get it done. And no state will ever be able to lock it's borders because bottom line is kids want to go elsewhere. Better education, better football,  better parties, better majors etc whatever the reason. I thought MR was one of the most overrated coaches in the country while at UGA.

16 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I was talking with an NBC executive who happened to be in North Morven on some outside "business"...and he told me....

Yeah Rufus, it seems we're stuck with those guys.  Oh Woe Is Us !!!!!

Long term contracts....what'cha gonna do?

Rufus>>

NBC's executives are the ones who renewed the contract with Notre Dame in April of 2013 (only 4 years ago). They obviously wanted to or there would have been no renewed contract for 10 years. You can't really feel any pity for them.

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

NBC's executives are the ones who renewed the contract with Notre Dame in April of 2013 (only 4 years ago). They obviously wanted to or there would have been no renewed contract for 10 years. You can't really feel any pity for them.

I hope I didn't imply that I felt any pity for NBC.  I do not.  But I wonder if they had it to do over (2013)...would they renew a 10 year deal?

Rufus>>

45 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I hope I didn't imply that I felt any pity for NBC.  I do not.  But I wonder if they had it to do over (2013)...would they renew a 10 year deal?

Rufus>>

of course they would.....there is no gray with ND...you either love em or hate em.....as an irish catholic...we love em....the brand / mission of the school / and athletics are all very strong and they do a great job.  so yes NBC made a smart move..many years ago.....

1 minute ago, SJR89 said:

of course they would.....there is no gray with ND...you either love em or hate em.....as an irish catholic...we love em....the brand / mission of the school / and athletics are all very strong and they do a great job.  so yes NBC made a smart move..many years ago.....

When i was a kid i believed in that whole as an irish catholic you have to be a ND fan. As i got older i just couldnt support them anymore. 

On 9/5/2017 at 10:07 AM, SJR89 said:

ND will win.   Best offensive line in the country.  Best single Offensive lineman in the country in Quentin Nelson #56.  ND will run / run / run ...maul and maul to set up the pass.  Kelly will be conservative with Wimbush and keep it simple.  Let him run as well.  ND defense is better than it's getting credit for.....ND 28 - GA 14

That offensive line got punked. UGA cleans up a few things and it's a seal clubbing.

58 minutes ago, THS2011 said:

Notre Dame, every year, every game, calls the dumbest 1st down plays EVERY set of downs.

And you wondered why this was a one point game? Deja 'vu. Two tough, not all that great teams, neither who wanted to lose.Lot of passion to offset the sloppiness. It's fucking September people.