Valdosta 1st year HC wins his 1st state title in his 1st year as HC.

TheMaximumHornetSting

Congratulations to coach Allen Rodemaker!

He won his 1st State title with the Valdosta Wildcats. I also heard that Allen Rodemaker was once a defensive coach at Byrnes back when they where good. 

Coach Allen had been a DC at Valdosta for awhile. The kids loved him and they bought into his system. It paid off as they walk away with a 6A state title. Valdostas 1st title since 1998. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Valdosta thanks the football gods for reclassification. 

honestly.... yea.... they had no choice though... Believe it or not Valdosta actually shouldve been playing below what they where after 1998.  Valdosta shouldve been in what is now 5A.... Valdosta has been losing students to Lowndes....  the school zoning is a myth in Lowndes County let me know when you find where the Valdosta school zone ends and the Lowndes school zone begins. its chaotic as fuck...

3 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Valdosta thanks the football gods for reclassification. 

That is very true. BUT they are better this year than theyve been in a while. Theyve had a good schedule. I cant remember the last time they beat Lowndes the way they did this year...

Wins over (13-2)Tucker, (11-3)Northside-WR, (10-3)Lowndes, (13-1)Dalton, (8-3)Lee Co., (7-3)Houston Co., (7-6)Coffee, (8-5)Stephenson, (10-3)Woodland, (9-3)Northgate, (6-5)Tift Co., and (8-4)Thomas Co. Central... 12 of their 14 wins had winning records... 

It was an impressive season.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

That is very true. BUT they are better this year than theyve been in a while. Theyve had a good schedule. I cant remember the last time they beat Lowndes the way they did this year...

Wins over (13-2)Tucker, (11-3)Northside-WR, (10-3)Lowndes, (13-1)Dalton, (8-3)Lee Co., (7-3)Houston Co., (7-6)Coffee, (8-5)Stephenson, (10-3)Woodland, (9-3)Northgate, (6-5)Tift Co., and (8-4)Thomas Co. Central... 12 of their 14 wins had winning records... 

It was an impressive season.

I can....

They were lucky to get Lowndes in week 1. If that game is played after week 5, then I believe Lowndes would win by a couple of scores.

With their new school, I expect their enrollment numbers to rise. They missed the cutoff by a handful of students. In 2018, they should be in the top classification and will struggle to get past the 2nd round like they have for the past decade or more.

31 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

With that being said...

Colquitt may be taking a back seat as well. I'm not certain our Commander and Chief will be on our sideline much longer. Could be as soon as spring workouts...

Where did you hear such a thing? Rush is not leaving Colquitt, stop the rumors.

4 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

With that being said...

Colquitt may be taking a back seat as well. I'm not certain our Commander and Chief will be on our sideline much longer. Could be as soon as spring workouts...

Guess your heard same stuff I heard. I'm sure Colquitt will attract a good coach with the salary we offer and an indoor practice facility... If he actually leaves this time.

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Congratulations to coach Allen Rodemaker!

He won his 1st State title with the Valdosta Wildcats. I also heard that Allen Rodemaker was once a defensive coach at Byrnes back when they where good. 

Coach Allen had been a DC at Valdosta for awhile. The kids loved him and they bought into his system. It paid off as they walk away with a 6A state title. Valdostas 1st title since 1998. 

Congratulations

10 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Today's Gospel

Rush is gone.  It's just a matter of when.  Lime Sink is currently shortening the list for a replacement.

Rufus>>

Ahhh... It's that time again I suppose.

Every year about a week or two after the season ends, all the way until the 7on season gets going good, Rush is leaving. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Aaaaand......End thread.

They may not have won state in 7A. But they are better this year... Rodemaker is a good HC. 6A is a good class.

I cant think of a year in the past 10 where Valdosta wouldve beat some of the teams they did this year. 

Last year:

Valdosta 17, Lowndes 7

Valdosta 26, Tift Co. 23

This year:

Valdosta 38, Lowndes 13

Valdosta 42, Tift Co. 13

Considering Georgia 7A is the Top Bracket in the Country.

Winning GA 6A is still a helluva accomplishment.

Considering it consisted of Valdosta, Tucker, Northside-WR, Dalton, Mays, Harrison, Glynn Academy, Lee Co., Houston Co., Coffee(FL State Champs), Stephenson, Alexander, Northgate, Langston Hughes, Allatoona, etc, etc....