HS Football Tiers

Sammyswordsman

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:26 PM, nptb17 said:

Colerain would blow the doors off of Desoto any year.  Teams from OOS don't fair will against Colerain's option attack.

Teams like Colerain are a big fish in a small pond. Colerain in Texas would be a good team in a very big pond. I am glad they are still running the old ground attack though because I like to see teams that are still doing it.

3 minutes ago, Lamarfan said:

I think you know that no state would even come close to Texas by matching 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and so on down the list.

Most states have a few cheaters at the top that are recruiting far and wide and then nothing a few down the list. Texas is genuine and can play ball far down the list.  Texas Pride. !

Oh really!

• Like 1

On 9/3/2017 at 10:03 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

There has been discussion lately about teams being on certain tiers, with speculation on how large the gaps are between tiers.  After 2 weeks of football we can now begin to place the teams on tiers.  Based on much research via pouring over recruiting tapes, watching the teams live, and good gut feelings, I now submit the tiers. (not listing all the Texas teams due to being unfamiliar).  This is not an attempt to list EVERY team, but only selected teams, any you guys can submit nominees to add to the tiers

Tier 1:  Can compete with anyone in the Country

Mater Dei, SJB, STA, SJC, DLS, De Matha, SJR, BG, Allen, De Soto, Cen10*, IMG

*healthy QB.  Will adjust pending outcome of Dr. report

Tier 2:  Won't stay within 21 points of Tier 1

Grayson, Bergen Catholic, OLU,  Mission Viejo, Colerain, St. X, Bingham, Chandler, SFA, AHP, Lowndes, Trinity*,  John Curtis, Union, Evangel Christian

Tier 3:  would be -10 vs Tier 2 teams

DBP, Jserra, Servite, Santa Margarita, Colquitt County, SJP, Poly, Mountain Pointe. Miami Central, C-HIll, East. St. Mary's,  Chaminade, Byrnes, Punahu, Serra, Cartersville, Buford, Carrolton

Tier 4:  would be -10 vs. Tier 3 teams

Folsom, Valdosta, De Paul, Paraclete, Tucker

This year I think William Morris Endeavor-International Management Group Academy and MD may be 14 point better then every team in the country...not sure if MD could beat them but it would be a great game. \|/

On most years, Colerain could compete with the Desoto's and Texas schools. Would win some and would lose some. Team's with stout and very disciplined defenses do the best against Colerain's offense. Colerain's defense is usually among the best around. 

Texas football is top notch. Katy and Euless Trinity have always been my 2 favorite Texas programs. 

No need for one to be better than other. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

On most years, Colerain could compete with the Desoto's and Texas schools. Would win some and would lose some. Team's with stout and very disciplined defenses do the best against Colerain's offense. Colerain's defense is usually among the best around. 

Texas football is top notch. Katy and Euless Trinity have always been my 2 favorite Texas programs. 

No need for one to be better than other. 

F that! It's trash talking Tuesday.  Colerain would beat Desoto almost every year.  

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, 954gator said:

God Tier: Would boat race all subsequent tiers indistinguishably

International School of Broward.

I don't think there is a God Tier cause God doesn't care who wins high school football games...

But his Mother does (google the Latin translation of "Mother of God") 😃\|/

• Like 1

On 9/3/2017 at 1:03 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

There has been discussion lately about teams being on certain tiers, with speculation on how large the gaps are between tiers.  After 2 weeks of football we can now begin to place the teams on tiers.  Based on much research via pouring over recruiting tapes, watching the teams live, and good gut feelings, I now submit the tiers. (not listing all the Texas teams due to being unfamiliar).  This is not an attempt to list EVERY team, but only selected teams, any you guys can submit nominees to add to the tiers

Tier 1:  Can compete with anyone in the Country

Mater Dei, SJB, STA, SJC, DLS, De Matha, SJR, BG, Allen, De Soto, Cen10*, IMG

*healthy QB.  Will adjust pending outcome of Dr. report

Tier 2:  Won't stay within 21 points of Tier 1

Grayson, Bergen Catholic, OLU,  Mission Viejo, Colerain, St. X, Bingham, Chandler, SFA, AHP, Lowndes, Trinity*,  John Curtis, Union, Evangel Christian

Tier 3:  would be -10 vs Tier 2 teams

DBP, Jserra, Servite, Santa Margarita, Colquitt County, SJP, Poly, Mountain Pointe. Miami Central, C-HIll, East. St. Mary's,  Chaminade, Byrnes, Punahu, Serra, Cartersville, Buford, Carrolton

Tier 4:  would be -10 vs. Tier 3 teams

Folsom, Valdosta, De Paul, Paraclete, Tucker

Time to get BG off that tier 1