Week 2 Excuse Thread

Sammyswordsman

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

VM didnt look as bad as youd think... Penalties and awful QB play were their downfall.

If they could find a QB they might win a few games. 

Grayson was also in a dogfight with McEachern last year... and ended up winning 16-13 on a last second FG. McEachern is good every year.

Grayson vs John Curtis next week. Theyll need to play better to win that game.

IOW

a). You've given up any hope of VM being a legit top 25 CA team or beating any of MV, OLu, or JSerra and now just want them to quietly fade away without capitulation or acknowledgement from you -- No chance

b). Grayson can still be a top 10 team because they got pushed to the limit by the same shitty team last year -- Not buying

c). Grayson will need to do better vs the 4th level Louisiana school -- No shit!  GA may not have anybtop 25 teams this year

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

IOW

a). You've given up any hope of VM being a legit top 25 CA team or beating any of MV, OLu, or JSerra and now just want them to quietly fade away without capitulation or acknowledgement from you -- No chance

b). Grayson can still be a top 10 team because they got pushed to the limit by the same shitty team last year -- Not buying

c). Grayson will need to do better vs the 4th level Louisiana school -- No shit!  GA may not have anybtop 25 teams this year

Dont want them to fade away at all. Ill be keeping up with them.

... Shitty team? McEachern? Ok Pops. That shitty team is better than any team in NorCal every year with the exception of DLS some years. You are looking at CalPreps again like a tool.

4th level LA school? You mean the #1 ranked team in LA?

... Georgia has teams at 10, 18, and 27 even at CalPreps.

Grayson, Lowndes, and Rome are here to party.

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I can see VM beating Murrieta Valley at the very least. MV looked bad too if Im not mistaken.

If VM cleans up the penalties (or discards those refs from last night), and shows their QB to throw a football at least semi-accurately from more than 5 yards away... they may win a few games.

I will give you some props homie. You do some watching and following of inland Empire hsfb. 

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

[...]

That shitty team is better than any team in NorCal every year with the exception of

[...]

With last year's,

"You're all going to be surprised by IMG's defense against Cen10"

and this year's,

"VM is definitely top-25 in CA, which is like top-10 in GA, and will go 11-2 this year, even though they're playing CC, MV, OLu,   and JSerra"

maybe it's time for you to take a few deep breaths and count to ten slowly whenever you get the urge to tell us how bad CA is relative to GA. 

• Haha 2

•  
  • SJR 04
  •  
5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Bosco was way better than Byrnes. Byrnes is a middle to bottom type team in BNU. Even the garbage can geys a steak every now and then. No disrespect to them they won but bosco wouldnt have beaten SHP making the mistakes they made yesterday. Play that game 10x bosco wins 9. Look at at the stats.  Byrnes had the long 70yarder outside og thst bosco gifted them everything. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Every year... the Californians are worse about it than anyone... they go from 1 extreme to the other in 1 singular week of games... but the next week they are wrong so the narrative completely changes. Pack of clowns if there ever was...

Ill give you the benefit of doubt and assume you are referring to only certain Cali posters? I would argue that the biased cali posters are no worse than any other biased posters from other states. Its actually quite comical to see a biased poster from another state talk about a team from the other side of the country and speak on them like they are some sort of expert when it comes to that team and this applies to both West and East coast posters alike.  I happen to be a Cali poster who also supports NorCal specifically and I challenge you to find a single post from me that supports the statement you just made about Cali posters. Im probably one of the most unbiased ones on this board and im not the only one. I would say Thunder Ram whose also a NorCal guy is probably just as unbiased as me just to name one off the top of my head.

• Thanks 1

•  
  • ORabidOne
  • Members
    On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, PrepGridiron said:

ok. that makes more sense. here's the stuff below the surface. St. Louis beat Baldwin 61-0 in the first game of the season. MV only beats them 39-14. If you are score watching, then it looks like MV is not as good. But MV had 271 yards at halftime to Baldwin's -3. MV finished with 422 and Baldwin with 98. It was a total mismatch. They have a first year starter that was backup at SJB and saw time in games; he's good. They have outstanding WR's and a good line. They'll hold on defense. 

HOWEVER, in the case of Colquitt's relatively close score with VM! Factor in the maturation process, with a team starting virtually ALL new offensive starters! How ELSE do you splain 26 against VM, and 35 against the #1 team in 6A? And it wasn't until the third quarter, that we got the lead out against Tucker!

,473 posts