Mountain Pointe AZ vs Chaminade CA tonight, who wins?

ECHS05

Mountain Pointe AZ vs Chaminade CA  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Mountain Pointe AZ vs Chaminade CA tonight?

• Mountain Pointe AZ
    • Chaminade CA

1 minute ago, Omaha Vol said:

Not really. That's a rivalry game. 

No, it's not.  Chandler's rival is Hamilton, Mountain Pointe's is Desert Vista, and there have been many times over the years where Chandler-Mountain Pointe have 1) not played; or 2) the game was of little consequence.  The only enhanced importance to that game is that these are arguably the two best teams in Arizona's Class 6A, otherwise it's a game where each school is playing one of the 20 or so schools located within a 15-mile radius of their campus.

Now, if Mountain Pointe were to play Chandler close next week it would not be terribly telling as Chandler will be without their starting quarterback for that game.  The injury to Conover opens the door to an (unlikely) scenario where Chandler could lose the next two games as Pinnacle has opened the season with their hair on fire, albeit against two mediocre opponents.

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

If MP plays Chandler close next week that will be telling .... 

How so? MP beat Chandler by 40+ points last year in the regular season. Chandler then went on a tear and went undefeated the rest of the season including beating MP in state title game which was not really close. Also Chandler starting qb will still be out.

36 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

No, it's not.  Chandler's rival is Hamilton, Mountain Pointe's is Desert Vista, and there have been many times over the years where Chandler-Mountain Pointe have 1) not played; or 2) the game was of little consequence.  The only enhanced importance to that game is that these are arguably the two best teams in Arizona's Class 6A, otherwise it's a game where each school is playing one of the 20 or so schools located within a 15-mile radius of their campus.

Now, if Mountain Pointe were to play Chandler close next week it would not be terribly telling as Chandler will be without their starting quarterback for that game.  The injury to Conover opens the door to an (unlikely) scenario where Chandler could lose the next two games as Pinnacle has opened the season with their hair on fire, albeit against two mediocre opponents.

Well, I'm not as knowledgeable with AZ football as you are (your analizations have been spectacular, btw). Mtn Pt and Chandler appear to be the best teams in the top class. With Chandler's QB out it might be an interesting game. Hamilton is, obviously, down this year and will pose no threat to Chandler this year. Chandler/MP will be the defacto state title game, it appears. 

23 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I picked Chaminade in the Pick Em, had them ALL week .... and changed yesterday last minute because of the CA guys sandbagging Chammy.

I KNEW they looked solid.

Damn you guys making me lose another Pick Em game I had right.

No worries, ECHS! I nailed it with Chaminade....and I had Curtis over L-W. 

4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

I think he means its growing in importance... and its becoming a rivalry because of the intense competition between the 2 for #1 in AZ.

The 2 played last year twice... the outcome of the 1st game meant little. So if MP does play Chandler close... does that really mean anything on the national landscspe.

Didn't see game and could not find a Twitter feed. But going by the score this was another bad OOS loss for Az. With Chandler losing to IMG, Saguaro getting beat up by Liberty and MP losing last night it does not look good for Az this year on a national level. We'll have to see what happens with Saguaro vs East (Utah).

10 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Didn't see game and could not find a Twitter feed. But going by the score this was another bad OOS loss for Az. With Chandler losing to IMG, Saguaro getting beat up by Liberty and MP losing last night it does not look good for Az this year on a national level. We'll have to see what happens with Saguaro vs East (Utah).

Agree on all but Chandler losing to IMG.

That simply cannot be taken as a "bad loss".

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I picked Chaminade in the Pick Em, had them ALL week .... and changed yesterday last minute because of the CA guys sandbagging Chammy.

I KNEW they looked solid.

Damn you guys making me lose another Pick Em game I had right.

Chaminade had there starting QB and RB transfer out. There just another good Cali team among many others

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

These Cali teams going for it on 4th so much is very weird to me. It just doesn't seem like that stuff flies over here. Idk why but the 4th and 2-3 yards plays get stuffed more often than not here and seem to get the first more there. Just a weird difference. 

Your #1 team only scored 7 points on IMG. No coach in there right mind would go for it with those Ga offenses. Y'all probably are use to hearing "Punt Team"!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

How so? MP beat Chandler by 40+ points last year in the regular season. Chandler then went on a tear and went undefeated the rest of the season including beating MP in state title game which was not really close. Also Chandler starting qb will still be out.

Either the First MP/Chandler game was a statistical outlier .... that will leave you scratching your head. Kind of like St. John's beating IMG 35-2 years back. 

OR

maybe AZ football might just be really unpredictable 🤔

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

You Sandbagged yourself.  Kept perpetuating the #Fakenews about a massive drop off after the Calif Big 4.  Then you believed your own bullsh*t and lost the pickem game.  LOL

• Haha 1