Vontaze being Vontaze

Bodysurf

5 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

You have been programmed to play football one way for years.  All of a sudden NFL is asking you to not hit someone because they are getting killed  in courts over concussions.  What's a cheap shot now, wasn't a cheap shot a short time ago.  

Some truth to that, but players have always been less detrimental to a team when avoiding internal confrontations. That can't be overlooked, either.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

That game was a serious gut check for them.  I think they came in way too confident and by the time they realized Manteca was not going to lay down they turned it on and ran out of time as they were about to attempt the game winning FG.  Manteca came to play no doubt.  Too bad we didn't.

Read that Manteca was without their best player also. Looks like it was a good game. 

What a bunch of bullshit. Not a damn thing wrong with that hit. One if the many reason I don't give a shit about the NFL. Back in the day when the No Fun League was selling tapes of all the big hits, they would have made a killing off this kid.

Drummer what off the field shit are you talking about? I've seen him fined for stupid decisions on the field but I haven't heard shit off the field about him. 

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

It mos def was. I give Manteca major props. Love seeing public schools rise up like that. Especially with a roster full of my peops. Lol

We beat Weston Ranch and the players and cheerleaders bus was shot 7 times when it was leaving the school. Our son was on front bus so was safe but 7 windows were shot out of 2nd bus. Cops had both buses on side of freeway til 130 am doing their investigation. 

• Sad 1

Thought I would never say this but the NFL is very fast becoming unwatchable. A sport that thrives on hitting has now become so pussified, so antiseptic, so over commercialized I can find so many more entertaining things to do on a Sunday/Monday/Thurs. ESPN has become the msnbc of sports with a totally gutless scumbag commissioner, constant protests, off the field bullshit and on and on it goes. At least college has some history of rivalries and pageantry. High school has better fundamentals and quick action flowing games. Very sad.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

We beat Weston Ranch and the players and cheerleaders bus was shot 7 times when it was leaving the school. Our son was on front bus so was safe but 7 windows were shot out of 2nd bus. Cops had both buses on side of freeway til 130 am doing their investigation. 

Holy shit!!! What all happened?

8 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

Thought I would never say this but the NFL is very fast becoming unwatchable. A sport that thrives on hitting has now become so pussified, so antiseptic, so over commercialized I can find so many more entertaining things to do on a Sunday/Monday/Thurs. ESPN has become the msnbc of sports with a totally gutless scumbag commissioner, constant protests, off the field bullshit and on and on it goes. At least college has some history of rivalries and pageantry. High school has better fundamentals and quick action flowing games. Very sad.

That's why I enjoy watching HS Football more and more every year and the NFL less and less. 

29 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Probably should re-read my post again. ;)

2 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

Again, while Burfict can be a dickhead at times, in this case a suspension is completely unwarranted. 

Some of you seem to want to see him get dinged in this case based on past actions, which is odd. 

;) Right back atcha, whatever the wink is for.

3 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

Again, while Burfict can be a dickhead at times, in this case a suspension is completely unwarranted. 

Some of you seem to want to see him get dinged in this case based on past actions, which is odd. 

I missed where people said he should be dinged in this case.

But people did say he has a history of questionable in-game behavior, which apparently some do and some don't consider when giving their opinion of how he plays football.

23 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Holy shit!!! What all happened?

We were parked by players buses and everyone got on so we pulled out and headed home. I guess the buses made a right hand turn out parking lot then another right at end of school and they shot the second bus 7 times. Drivers pulled ahead to i5 and called police. 8 CHP  -Cop cars came out. They had to take statements from every kid on bus and diagram were each was sitting. The bus had to be replaced for kids safety so kids stayed out there til 130 til it arrived then the drive home. Neither school has contacted any parents or followed up with any info regarding incident as of yet.