ECHS05 National Top 75

ECHS05

Great job as you are certainly as qualified as anyone here to give your opinion because of the large number of games you watch around the country. I just wondered how much time you put into it and if you will do a final one also?

The only thing I quibble with is basing it on how the teams are doing NOW. that's easy to say but impossible to do regarding teams throughout the country. We can't erase our opinions and thoughts of results early in the year. For instance, no one in the world would have East, UT ranked over DLS unless (of course) they played them early in the year. So obviously we have to factor in early season games because that's where most of the oos games occur! You would have no idea if a team in GA or CO were playing better now except by using previous results.

Saying you want to give us a top 10 of teams playing now is possible but the only way to do a broad national ranking is to include results and resume.

Still a great job!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Connman said:

Great job as you are certainly as qualified as anyone here to give your opinion because of the large number of games you watch around the country. I just wondered how much time you put into it and if you will do a final one also?

The only thing I quibble with is basing it on how the teams are doing NOW. that's easy to say but impossible to do regarding teams throughout the country. We can't erase our opinions and thoughts of results early in the year. For instance, no one in the world would have East, UT ranked over DLS unless (of course) they played them early in the year. So obviously we have to factor in early season games because that's where most of the oos games occur! You would have no idea if a team in GA or CO were playing better now except by using previous results.

Saying you want to give us a top 10 of teams playing now is possible but the only way to do a broad national ranking is to include results and resume.

Still a great job!

You look at how they were doing early in the season, knowing how good the teams they played were... then look at how they are doing NOW, knowing how good the teams they are playing now are.

Results 11-12 games ago go by the way-side.... teams become completely different. Chemistry is formed, the best personnel combinations found, the plays those combinations run best together are discovered... a ton changes over the course of the season. Thats why theres 10 regular season games and then the playoffs... its why you practice in between... to improve. And teams do.... some even get worse. But very rarely is a team the same at seasons end, as they were at the beginning.

45 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Yes, you have said ad nauseum. 

They were a marginal top 25 team tehn, they are a marginal top 25 team now. 

Sorry, honest. It's my honest opinion. 

Do you realize how hypocritical that 1st sentence is? 

You repeat the same exact thing more than anyone here on the same exact teams. And unlike Horsefly, thats ALL you talk about.. where as he actually has other things to comment on.

Revelation... Your opinion is wrong.

1 hour ago, zulu1128 said:

Not gonna lie...pretty solid work here.

X is probably high...hard to have them anywhere but the lower end of the Top 25 IMO. This is one of those years where OH arguably has no Top 25 teams, but owns the 55-75 grouping.

Thanks for the honest opinion. 

Im probably going to build on this poll, and do a final one after next week. Ill probably adjust after the GEICO Bowl Games also...and Ill take this into consideration.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

Look at their schedule. 

I have not mentioned them once this year as they limed the ranking with win after win against no one. 

Let me ask you this, why would you rank TRinity* and not DLS. They played the same type schedule. See?

Trinity has not lost.

And no.. Trinitys schedule is better. TEAMS ARE NOT RANKED ON SCHEDULE. That is SoS... notice SoS does not mean Poll. A poll is who the best teams are. 

You simply wish polls to turn into SoS rankings because you believe it grants the BNU some advantage. Thats not how it works. Its how you look when you play. I realize the surrounding environment shapes your opinion and views, but you need to open your eyes.

And I did rank DLS. 

52 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Yes, NJ, OH and TX are all down. We should be seeing new names in the national polls but alas, we don't. Past practice, zip code and name recognition rules the day. 

jerk.PNG

Then speak... and show us the way.

Its easy to say that.. but you have to find teams to place in those positions. 

Interesting poll.   Here are some of my observations:

1. Where is Denton (TX) Ryan?   Unbeaten and playing in the Class 5A Division I Semi-Finals this weekend.
  2. Why no love for North and South Carolina?   South Pointe, Dutch Fork, Fort Dorchester, Laurinburg Scotland, or any of the Greensboro teams.
  3. I realize that Mobile (AL) McGill-Toolen and Manvel (TX) both lost in their playoffs, but they both still have to be somewhere in any Top 50, 75, or 100 as does Cocoa (FL), whose only loss is to Bishop Gorman.
  4. Appreciate the respect for my home state, but Ben Davis and Carmel are not Top 100 teams.   Carmel lost to Lawrence North and Hamilton Southeastern in the regular season and quite honestly their road to Lucas Oil Stadium was not that tough.   Center Grove's road to the finals was much more difficult including a romp over Ben Davis.   With all that being said, I feel Warren Central has the most talent of any team in our state but you never know which Warrior team is going to show up.
  5. I was at the Cincinnati St. Xavier-St. John Bosco game and quite frankly it was men against boys.   A running clock in the second half.   Several Ohio posters, whose opinion I respect a lot, have stated that they were very fortunate to win at least two of their playoff games.   There is no argument for ranking, but 12th in the country is way too high.   Keep in mind they were 5-5 during the regular season and do you think they could beat Louisville Trinity?
  6. I will concede that I should have Jenks (OK) somewhere in my poll.   Will most likely have them in the next one.
  7. Camas (WA) was on TV last weekend and was not that impressive.   Small and not a lot of athletes on the field.   The state of Washington was down this year as was the state of Colorado.   This was not one of Valor Christian's best teams (Mullen beat them 41-10).

Compiling polls is not an easy thing to do.   For those of us who do it for this site, we do it to encourage discussion.   Please take my points as part of that debate.   You are to be commended for taking the time and effort to put together your thoughts on these teams.  Hopefully next year several of us on here can coordinate our polls into one for the site that we can banter around.   Again, good job and appreciate your efforts.    Now, time to watch some Georgia High School football.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

Compiling polls is not an easy thing to do.  

Sure isn't. So when someone takes the time to do one it says much about the person.

For those of us who do it for this site, we do it to encourage discussion.  .

You do much good, so does the kid. That said, we humans are not selfless. If you or I do a poll we are doing it for ourselves. 

As to discussion, we have real polls to tear apart.... I don't like having to take issue with a friend like you, Omaha or Echo,.

I'd rather discuss the same things in relation to Little Steve's poll or Jamie's or the good ole USAToday inheritance poll. 

And we all have Cal to slap around. lol

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

1. Where is Denton (TX) Ryan?   Unbeaten and playing in the Class 5A Division I Semi-Finals this weekend.
  2. Why no love for North and South Carolina?   South Pointe, Dutch Fork, Fort Dorchester, Laurinburg Scotland, or any of the Greensboro teams.
  3. I realize that Mobile (AL) McGill-Toolen and Manvel (TX) both lost in their playoffs, but they both still have to be somewhere in any Top 50, 75, or 100 as does Cocoa (FL), whose only loss is to Bishop Gorman.
  4. Appreciate the respect for my home state, but Ben Davis and Carmel are not Top 100 teams.   Carmel lost to Lawrence North and Hamilton Southeastern in the regular season and quite honestly their road to Lucas Oil Stadium was not that tough.   Center Grove's road to the finals was much more difficult including a romp over Ben Davis.   With all that being said, I feel Warren Central has the most talent of any team in our state but you never know which Warrior team is going to show up.
  5. I was at the Cincinnati St. Xavier-St. John Bosco game and quite frankly it was men against boys.   A running clock in the second half.   Several Ohio posters, whose opinion I respect a lot, have stated that they were very fortunate to win at least two of their playoff games.   There is no argument for ranking, but 12th in the country is way too high.   Keep in mind they were 5-5 during the regular season and do you think they could beat Louisville Trinity?
  6. I will concede that I should have Jenks (OK) somewhere in my poll.   Will most likely have them in the next one.
  7. Camas (WA) was on TV last weekend and was not that impressive.   Small and not a lot of athletes on the field.   The state of Washington was down this year as was the state of Colorado.   This was not one of Valor Christian's best teams (Mullen beat them 41-10).

Compiling polls is not an easy thing to do.   For those of us who do it for this site, we do it to encourage discussion.   Please take my points as part of that debate.   You are to be commended for taking the time and effort to put together your thoughts on these teams.  Hopefully next year several of us on here can coordinate our polls into one for the site that we can banter around.   Again, good job and appreciate your efforts.    Now, time to watch some Georgia High School football.

I guess having Camas, WA adds some sort of fair play to any poll, but they ain't beating West Monroe, La let alone the teams that are ranked.

West Monroe is too big, too strong and too fast for Camas, WA.

34 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

1. I have enough TX teams. I dont discriminate on schedule as long as you perform.. but Denton Ryan, in my eyes, hasnt performed well enough vs the competition theyve played to earn a Top 75 ranking.  Atleast not in comparison to the teams I did rank.

2. North Carolina isnt very good this season. Page was a team I had my eye on, and if they win again, could squeeze in there. But none of those teams stand out above the rest.

As far as South Carolina, Boiling Springs is in there and Dutch Fork got close. Fort Dorchester ... maybe a 125-150 team. 

3. Why does Cocoa have to be in the Top 75? Cocoas ranking was inflated at the very beginning bc they beat TCA. But TCA turned out to be not what we thought. I made this before Cocoas win over Bolles, so maybe they gain position now... McGill-Toolen is another team that wouldve been in had it been expanded to 100. I was eyeing them for a while... theyd literally probably be the next team I added if I had kept going. I was impressed with Manvel vs Cedar Park... but they just lost to Temple, and Temple is not a Top 75 team. Again, I have enough TX teams.

4. I realize Carmel lost to those 2 teams in the regular season... and thats why Center Grove & Warren Central are still ranked higher than them. BUT as I said in my OP... polls/rankings are SUPPOSE to be about how a team is playing now. And Carmel has clearly shown progress... even if the win over CG could be considered a fluke.

5. Again I go back to where my rankings are about how a team is playing now. When rankings are put out, youll always find a date beside them.. the reason why is to let you know this is how they are seen NOW. St. X avenged multiple losses... again making clear they were playing better. #12 may be high.. maybe  hardhit1 was right when he said there probably arent any top 25 teams in OH this year... I may revisit these rankings. But St. X is playing better... and those early season losses can only be held against them to a certain extent.

6. Jenks is a solid team. They definitely belong in a Top 75.

7. Valor Christian most definitely started the season slow. I felt like the MoV vs Saguaro was so large bc Saguaro had already played a fast paced physical game.. and a team grows the most between games 1 & 2.. VC hadnt yet had that. They were clearly playing better themselves. They fell to Pomona early in the season, then handled them in the 2nd part of the season. Trust me I know VC struggled early... they were losing to a GA 3A most of the game, until they pulled it out 21-17. That isnt Top 100 material. But VC of years past reared its head late.

I added Camas because they seemed head & shoulders above everyone else in WA. They handled their OOS opponents , although not great ones. Id be very interested to see who would win between West Linn OR and Camas WA... someone set it up.

3 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

I guess having Camas, WA adds some sort of fair play to any poll, but they ain't beating West Monroe, La let alone the teams that are ranked.

West Monroe is too big, too strong and too fast for Camas, WA.

I felt I was very fair to LA & gave it more respect than most here.

28 minutes ago, old_e said:

7 on IMG but whatever.

4 turnovers had a lot to do with that.

They only scored 13 in 47 minutes(3 more the last minute) vs McEachern the very next week.

If youd take notice instead of homering it up as another SoCal meathead.... Grayson had a new HC and transitioned into a new type offense from last season... he also had new personnel from the prior season. As the season has went on Grayson has vastly, improved on that side of the ball. As much as any team Ive seen in the country. Scoring 49 on Colquitt, and 44 on Mill Creek is no easy task. 

People like you watch the 1st game of the season and form opinion for the rest of the way. Circumstance is important to understand... Californias should get that as much as Ive heard that hyper-improvement crap.

They take to the gridiron tomorrow at 8... watch and see them play an elite level defense.

39 minutes ago, noonereal said:

now where did you learn to respond like that? 

Mimicry is flattery and very telling. 

:) :D

Unlike you, I actually mean it. 

Its impossible to say that to you, as most of what you say is boisterous agenda-ridden blabber.

If you had more than 1 total opinion on 1 total subject... itd be easier to listen. But you talk about the same thing over & over with nothing else in between.

1 minute ago, TheRealCAJ said:

People respect Louisiana, don't kid yourself.

The 5 or 6 people downing every other state here are irrelevant truly.

West Monroe would beat Camas like Alabama is going beat Washington.

Yeah... what a coincidence... the people that dont respect LA are irrelevant in your eyes, lol. Ignore criticism by pretending those who do it, dont matter. 

Youre right. LA has its place, and most understand where that is.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Yeah... what a coincidence... the people that dont respect LA are irrelevant in your eyes, lol. Ignore criticism by pretending those who do it, dont matter. 

Youre right. LA has its place, and most understand where that is.

Forget Louisiana. You are not qualified.

Maybe you are a better Washington guy.

Either way your poll is a scratch off lotto ticket.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Im not sure Id bet on West Monroe vs Camas. Not sure why you believe thats such an easy one to pick.

My placement of LA teams..

32. Edna Karr 

48. Neville

68. ECA

73. Landry-Walker 

Thats far better than CalPreps has them...

You see me complaining about any poll?

West Monroe is better than Camas, WA.

1 minute ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Forget Louisiana. You are not qualified.

Maybe you are a better Washington guy.

Either way your poll is a scratch off lotto ticket.

One thing I can say... is I watch a lot of football. And I know Louisianas place in the HSFB universe, and have ranked appropriately.