ECHS05 National Top 75

ECHS05

7 hours ago, 954gator said:

I'd probably switch Plant with Southridge, but overall very good IMO.   (You know I think STA would smoke MD lol but...fair placement IMO)

You are probably right... I do like Southridge better than Plant and probably have the rankings reverse of what they should be there.

7 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Haven't seen many of the teams outside of your top 25, but some curious rankings:

1. Maine South (three losses, two avenged, but there is a bad loss in that mix)
  2. Camas (don't think they are better than say Atascosita or some of the teams you have below them)
  3. Cartersville (I've got a hard time seeing a 4A squad better than the people below them especially since Cocoa is curiously absent)
  4. SPP (what have they done outside of beating BC twice; they got beat by the more physical teams in Jersey)
  5. Ben Davis (the Metro is good, but four teams inside your top 75 especially when you are so quick to bash the Trinity is a bit odd)

1. Maine South - I agree... there is a bad loss in there of the 3. But they avenged the losses to the 2 better teams and would have if given a chance vs the other team also. What Maine South did in the playoffs, especially beating Palatine & Loyola Academy subsequently, told me they found a rhythm... and my poll is about how good the teams are now, at the end. Again, the entire purpose of the regular season is to prepare yourself for the playoffs... they did that very well. I was a big Loyola fan, and when MS beat them they earned my respect.

2. Camas - I respect your opinion on them, but clearly I disagree. Camas is far & away the class of Washington state. Which doesnt necessarily say a ton, but all their wins were definitive and they beat most all of the top teams in their state. 

3. Cartersville - count me as one that believes Cartersville would beat Cocoa. Cocoa isnt the leader of the smaller class schools. One of them certainly... Cocoa wouldve probably been in my 75-100 range but I dont see the fascination with them truly. They arent scared to play the big dogs OOS, but that doesnt automatically necessitate a high ranking. Cartersville is 29-0 the past 2 years... their final few games last year, proved they are forreal, especially the impressive win over Buford. Theyve had similar opponents to some bigger schools, and played better than their larger counterparts. Their 31-0 win over Westlake a week before McEachern only beat them 6-2 was impressive. They also beat them by more than Roswell. If you dont believe Cartersville is forreal, they play tomorrow at 4:30pm ET right before the GA 7A game... I invite you to watch them here http://www.gpb.org/sports/football/match/2016/12/10/class-aaaa-finals ... itll be a chance to see the #1 over recruit for 2018 also, QB Trevor Lawrence

4. SPP - you are probably right... maybe I was hasty in ranking them... if played right now, DBP would probably beat them, and IMO DBP isnt a top 75 team...

5. Ben Davis - Im not sure what the Trinity League has to do with the Metro, but from top to bottom the Metro is better, the Trinity just has the 2 best teams... or atleast Id rank 2 Trinity teams 1st, then 4 Metro teams before any of the other Trinity League teams.... Davis was playing well at seasons end, they didnt lose any worse than Warren Central did in the playoffs, they just ran into a Center Grove team Ive been high on all year...I have no idea what happened to CG vs Carmel, I suppose it was a combination of it being difficult to beat the same team twice, a little bad luck , and Carmel playing much better themselves.

Thank you for the criticism... thats the only way to improve ones poll, by receiving criticism & getting the pollster thinking.

6 hours ago, Connman said:

I think it's one of the best polls I've ever seen. You know why? It seems very similar to CalPreps, isn't that ironic? I guess you and CP think alike! ?

But seriously CP and you have the same 59 teams in each of your top 76 (you have 2 teams listed at #48). CP's top 30 are all in your poll and 72 of your 76 teams are in CP's top 121! It's remarkable how you both seem to identify the same teams!

Actually I think your poll is very good!

CP had no influence, except easy access to scores. I looked at each state individually, without using their national rankings. I think youll find mine makes far more sense. And me having 59 of 76 really isnt that much... theres only so many teams that can be ranked that high. The higher I get, the less CP & I would agree. Thanks for the stats though.

8 hours ago, The Stache said:

No complaints from me.  Possibly move Narbonne ahead of St. Mary's.

Like the call on St. X.

Like STA placement (behind us)

Its possible we'll get a chance to see St. Mary's & Narbonne H2H if they both win this week. If that game is in the Pick 'Em, Im selecting St. Mary's.

5 hours ago, The Stache said:

Since you mentioned the Trinity league, I saw the film where  Servite  lost to DLS by 1 point, but you say DLS is 10 points better than St. Mary's.  That makes Servite 9 points better than St. Mary's in your universe.  Narbonne is better than Servite.  Hence my point.  Triple Simple as that

PS Stop (in advance) with the DLS hyper improvement.  Don't even go there. 

Teams do improve. Although the hyper-improvement theory is garbage. If you are truly the Stache, youd realize DLSs score vs Servite means nothing towards how the game would go vs St. Mary's. 

DLS could be a bad matchup for St. Mary's... or Servite a bad matchup for DLS. Comparing scores ALMOST never works. 

SJB beat Servite by 64... SJB beat St. Mary's by 36... I suppose that means SM is 28 points better than Servite.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Just did this for fun... Id appreciate any comments on how it looks...

A lot of it i like. I like DLS and Hoover not n the top 25 particular. I'd also keep Trinity* out. See you get what I say about big name getting overly generous rankings. 

That said,it's way to much zip code stuff, like Mill Creek in the top 25. And obviously TX is to present in this poll. 

Overall, as we all have our bias, it's a very good job. 

I could do a ranking based off this it's so good. I'd just adjust for a couple of your zip code and homer indulgences. 

24 minutes ago, noonereal said:

A lot of it i like. I like DLS and Hoover not n the top 25 particular. I'd also keep Trinity* out. See you get what I say about big name getting overly generous rankings. 

That said,it's way to much zip code stuff, like Mill Creek in the top 25. And obviously TX is to present in this poll. 

Overall, as we all have our bias, it's a very good job. 

I could do a ranking based off this it's so good. I'd just adjust for a couple of your zip code and homer indulgences. 

As much as you want to push aside Mill Creek & Texas. Mill Creek is a very good football team and would not be beaten by many, if any beneath them. That is what matters. Mill Creeks strength lies in their O & D lines (especially O), an experienced QB with an accurate arm,  good execution, and solid athletes. The best thing about them is there isnt really any weakness to exploit. They have solid DBs but have proven vulnerable to the long ball on defense. If they could stop those big plays... theyd be even higher.

You need to realize your bias towards Texas was created because of...

A ) CHill being highly ranked in the preseason, then falling hard to Gorman... Preseason rankings are just that, preseason rankings. Your view of them has been molded by the fact that NJs Sig 6 always start at the top, and always finish there. It is not the same in other states, where there is actual potential for other teams to rise from year to year. Just bc preseason teams do not live up to expectations, means absolutely nothing towards the rest of the state. If you were not of NJ, you would understand this. No offense, but unfortunately right now you come across as an old dog that cannot learn new tricks.

Another game that led you to view TX in the light you do, is Westlake losing to Liberty. This game was a week after Westlakes QB went down. Liberty actually played Corona Centennial better than anyone but SJB & IMG. And Westlake has been slaughtered twice by LT. 

Once you understand, preseason rankings mean nothing (except in NJ where you KNOW the same teams will be at the top), I believe youll see things differently.

& to add to my reply to NOR...

If you cant see the bias behind why you feel that way about "Trinity*"... 

Well, read over it... pretend it wasnt you that said it, and see if you dont come to the conclusion that this person mentioned Trinity only because of personal bias against them ... and then realize that you too are full of the B word yourself

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Once you understand, preseason rankings mean nothing (except in NJ where you KNOW the same teams will be at the top), I believe youll see things differently.

This is a self serving, not objective analysis. 

I know why defend TX, because top GA teams often fall flat on their face. 

I know it's hard because it's self serving but you need to scrap that "exclusive" template that TX and GA want to use. 

Realize, Allen got no better because CH lost. 

There is no correlation. Zero zilch.

Allen a top 25 team? Marginal. 

They beat no top 25 teams and the only top 100 team they played 

I am sick of all these play no one undefeated teams being heralded as great. San Angelo. Give me a break. 

If this years Colquitts team played last years schedule, would they have all the losses they enjoyed this year? We need to i=understand this when we rank,.

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

& to add to my reply to NOR...

If you cant see the bias behind why you feel that way about "Trinity*"... 

Well, read over it... pretend it wasnt you that said it, and see if you dont come to the conclusion that this person mentioned Trinity only because of personal bias against them ... and then realize that you too are full of the B word yourself

Look at their schedule. 

I have not mentioned them once this year as they limed the ranking with win after win against no one. 

Let me ask you this, why would you rank TRinity* and not DLS. They played the same type schedule. See?

59 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I know it's hard because it's self serving but you need to scrap that "exclusive" template that TX and GA want to use. 

I am sick of all these play no one undefeated teams being heralded as great. San Angelo. Give me a break. 

If this years Colquitts team played last years schedule, would they have all the losses they enjoyed this year? We need to i=understand this when we rank,.

You do know allen was in most preseason top 25 polls.  They didn't just come out of nowhere.

USAtoday

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/meet-the-2016-super-25-preseason-football-teams

Prepnation

http://therealprepnation.blogspot.com/2016/08/preseason-prepnation-national-prep.html

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Not gonna lie...pretty solid work here.

X is probably high...hard to have them anywhere but the lower end of the Top 25 IMO. This is one of those years where OH arguably has no Top 25 teams, but owns the 55-75 grouping.

You said exactly what I was going to say.

Hard for an Ohio guy to say no teams worthy of a top 25 this year but its the truth.

A nice group in the 25-75 range.

43 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You do know allen was in most preseason top 25 polls.  They didn't just come out of nowhere.

USAtoday

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/meet-the-2016-super-25-preseason-football-teams

Prepnation

http://therealprepnation.blogspot.com/2016/08/preseason-prepnation-national-prep.html

Yes, you have said ad nauseum. 

They were a marginal top 25 team tehn, they are a marginal top 25 team now. 

Sorry, honest. It's my honest opinion. 

38 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

You said exactly what I was going to say.

Hard for an Ohio guy to say no teams worthy of a top 25 this year but its the truth.

A nice group in the 25-75 range.

Yes, NJ, OH and TX are all down. We should be seeing new names in the national polls but alas, we don't. Past practice, zip code and name recognition rules the day. 

jerk.PNG

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

I defend TX bc you unfairly take aim. As you often do of things you do not understand.

Realize that Allen is a proven name time & time again. They too were ranked highly to start. No they didnt get better Bc CHill lost... but its apparent there are other good teams ... thats the best thing about Public dominated states... theres ALWAYS some teams that come from nowhere to have strong seasons.

Allen, DeSoto, Lake Travis, etc... why are those names bound to CHill? You place an insane amount of weight on 1 OOS game. 

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

No.. Colquitt would be undefeated again. Even before Colquitts schedule was made, everyone voiced their opinion this team would be down. They lost 10 starters on defense, and all but 3 on offense... including their OC & DC. How stupid must you be to realize Colquitt was not nearly as good this season?

Why is Allen marginally Top 25? Who do you place above them? Its like you think theres a huge base of top teams all playing each other. No... theres not. Theres only a few. I mean literally, VERY FEW.