ECHS05 National Top 75

ECHS05

Why Top 75? Because it was the number needed to get all the teams I wanted ranked, ranked...

My polls are always about who the best teams are, period. How good those teams are NOW. SoS comes into play only to the point where it is a platform for a team to show exactly how good they are. SoS can show depth as well. Overall resume is a SMALL fraction. Top 100 wins? Not really... 100 is just a random number that we see significance in only because of what it represents.. why not 89? Why not Top 130? Top 190? I mean... its about how that team was playing at the time you beat them... and the circumstances surrounding the game count for a lot.

We all know rankings are not perfect.... they are ALL guesses. None unbiased, not computers, not humans... its simple nature. You simply do your best with the information at hand...

*My polls are always about how good a team is now... as that is the point of the regular season, to improve for the postseason*

ECHS05s National Top 75

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

1. Bishop Gorman NV (15-0) - I simply believe this to be the best team in America this season

2. IMG Academy USA (11-0) - The talent on this team is enough to be favored in any game... they have a habit of sometimes playing to their opponents level, or they'd be #1.. they also seemed to lose interest at seasons end, a lack of a state championship probably aided in that

3. St. John Bosco CA (12-2) - SJB is as athletic as anyone... if Re'al had a bit of a better arm, they could also be #1... they seem to be playing as well as anyone...

4. Grayson GA (13-1) - Graysons new HC seems to finally have his pieces in perfect place, they have been as impressive as anyone the 2nd half of the season... they wont win the MNC bc of the early loss to IMG, but a GA 7A State Championship, and a win in the GEICO SC Bowl could push them up another position , as those games will be vs 2 Top 25 teams..

5. Mater Dei CA (13-1) - A great season came to an end at the hands of a hot SJB team

6. DeMatha MD (12-0) - I actually felt Corona Centennial was the better team, but awarded DeMatha the position bc of back-to-back undefeated seasons vs solid competition...

7. Corona Centennial CA (11-2) - only 2 losses were to #2 by 1, and #3 by 2... defense is porous, but the offense keeps them in any game 

8. St. Thomas Aquinas FL  (11-2) - an early season loss to BTW seems long past, STA gave BG their best game and is the FL 7A Championship favorite

9. Allen TX (14-0) - with a tough game vs The Woodlands on the horizon, and possibly Lake Travis afterwards, Allen could move up several spots with Ws in both those games...

10. Lake Travis TX (13-1) - a team im probably higher on than many... but I believe this is probably the best team in Texas, and only sits behind Allen because of their 1 loss...

11. Carol City FL (10-3) - despite 3 losses, right now Carol City is playing with a chip on their shoulder... this is another team I may be higher on than some

12. St. Xavier OH (10-5) - how high can you really rank a team with 5 losses... but those aside, St. X is clearly playing much better at years end

13. Roswell GA (14-0) - Roswell faces a huge test in #4 Grayson this week... a rematch of last seasons 6A Semifinals that Roswell won on a Hail Mary, 30-26... Roswell is 28-1 the last 2 seasons...

14. Chandler AZ (12-2) - Chandler was soundly beaten by MP to start the season, but right now they are playing extremely well, and even avenged that loss to MP in their state title game...

15. St. Ignatius OH  (13-2) - St. Ig's had a nice turnaround from last season and fell just short in OT from winning an OH D1 title...

16. AH-Plantation FL (13-0) - AHP has some nice wins notched on their belt... they would be higher if they werent struggling with teams they probably shouldnt be in the playoffs

17. DeSoto TX (14-0) - DeSoto is a difficult team to rank for me... they look good at times and.. not as good at times.. theyll need a complete game to beat Klein Collins

18. Colerain OH (11-1) - despite not advancing past the 2nd rd, they had a good season and fell to the eventual state champs

19. Bingham UT (14-0) - Solid season for the Miners, clearly the best team in UT... very interested in seeing them in TX for the Geico Bowl games...

20. Union OK (11-2) - Union avenged both losses with double digit wins... they had a very hot hand at seasons end...

21. Lou. Trinity KY  (15-0) - the Shamrocks with another impressive season... I dont see them going anywhere any time soon...

22. Mill Creek GA (13-1) - the Hawks season again ends in the Semifinals to a National Top 5 team... 

23. The Woodlands TX (14-0) - TW has a chance to prove itself vs Top 10 Allen

24. Cass Tech MI (14-0) - Cass Techs talent overwhelmed all MI challengers...

25. Saguaro AZ (14-0) - I first thought Saguaro overrated... but softened on the position as the season wore on...

26. St. Joseph's Prep PA (13-0)

27. St. John's DC (8-4)

28. Rancho Cucamonga CA (12-1)

29. Center Grove IN (12-2)

30. Pitt. Central Catholic PA (14-1)

31. Paramus Catholic NJ (10-2)

32. Edna Karr LA (13-0)

33. East St. Louis IL (14-0)

34. Mission Viejo CA (11-1)

35. Clinton MS (14-1)

36. Hoover AL (12-2)

37. Warren Central IN (10-2)

38. Fayetteville AR (12-1)

39. Miami Northwestern FL  (10-2)

40. St. Joseph Regional NJ (9-2)

41. McEachern GA (11-2)

42. Cibolo Steele TX (13-1)

43. Carmel IN (10-4)

44. St. Mary's (Stockton) CA

45. East UT (14-0)

46. St. Louis HI (10-1)

47. Pickerington Central OH (12-2)

48. Narbonne CA (14-0)

48. Neville LA (13-0)

49. Maine South IL (11-3)

50. Wayne OH (11-1)

51. Valdosta GA (13-1)

52. De La Salle CA (11-1)

53. Brentwood Academy TN  (10-2)

54. Plant FL (13-0)

55. Archbishop Hoban OH (14-1)

56. Mountain Pointe AZ (13-1)

57. Cartersville GA (14-0)

58. Novi Catholic Central MI (13-1)

59. Klein Collins TX (13-1)

60. Jenks OK (11-1)

61. San Angelo Central TX (12-1)

62. St. Peter's Prep NJ  (8-4)

63. Loyola Academy IL  (13-1)

64. Ben Davis IN (9-4)

65. Cedar Hill TX (11-3)

66. Camas WA (14-0)

67. Valor Christian CO (11-3) 

68. Evangel Christian Academy LA  (12-2)

69. Boiling Springs SC (12-1)

70. Tucker GA (13-1)

71. Atascocita TX (12-1)

72. Miami Southridge FL (12-2)

73. Landry-Walker LA (12-2)

74. Mainland FL (11-1)

75. Kahuku HI (11-2)

• Like 6

Haven't seen many of the teams outside of your top 25, but some curious rankings:

1. Maine South (three losses, two avenged, but there is a bad loss in that mix)
  2. Camas (don't think they are better than say Atascosita or some of the teams you have below them)
  3. Cartersville (I've got a hard time seeing a 4A squad better than the people below them especially since Cocoa is curiously absent)
  4. SPP (what have they done outside of beating BC twice; they got beat by the more physical teams in Jersey)
  5. Ben Davis (the Metro is good, but four teams inside your top 75 especially when you are so quick to bash the Trinity is a bit odd)
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Haven't seen many of the teams outside of your top 25, but some curious rankings:

2. Camas (don't think they are better than say Atascosita or some of the teams you have below them)
  3. Cartersville (I've got a hard time seeing a 4A squad better than the people below them especially since Cocoa is curiously absent)
  4. SPP (what have they done outside of beating BC twice; they got beat by the more physical teams in Jersey)
  5. Ben Davis (the Metro is good, but four teams inside your top 75 especially when you are so quick to bash the Trinity is a bit odd)

BTW, good effort. It's a lot easier to criticize than put one together yourself. 

I think it's one of the best polls I've ever seen. You know why? It seems very similar to CalPreps, isn't that ironic? I guess you and CP think alike! ?

But seriously CP and you have the same 59 teams in each of your top 76 (you have 2 teams listed at #48). CP's top 30 are all in your poll and 72 of your 76 teams are in CP's top 121! It's remarkable how you both seem to identify the same teams!

Actually I think your poll is very good!

4 minutes ago, Connman said:

I think it's one of the best polls I've ever seen. You know why? It seems very similar to CalPreps, isn't that ironic? I guess you and CP think alike! ?

But seriously CP and you have the same 59 teams in each of your top 76 (you have 2 teams listed at #48). CP's top 30 are all in your poll and 72 of your 76 teams are in CP's top 121! It's remarkable how you both seem to identify the same teams!

Actually I think your poll is very good!

I know Klein Collins would blow Cartersville out, for what it's worth :)

2 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Nm

2 hours ago, The Stache said:

No complaints from me.  Possibly move Narbonne ahead of St. Mary's.

On what basis? SJB would have run the Gauchos similarly to how they ran St. Mary's and the Trinity League sans Mater Dei.

There's really no justification for having Narbonne ahead of the Rams except that you tend to favor your SoCal teams and dismiss anything NorCal aside from DLS.

1 minute ago, ThunderRam said:

On what basis? SJB would have run the Gauchos similarly to how they ran St. Mary's and the Trinity League sans Mater Dei.

There's really no justification for having Narbonne ahead of the Rams except that you tend to favor your SoCal teams and dismiss anything NorCal aside from DLS.

Who are you even talking to?  This is The Stache.  I have no quarrel with Nor Cal?  Just saw Narbonne on film and was impressed.  Saw St. Mary's on the SJB film and wasn't.  Simple as that. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Nice work! Seems solid. Interesting you have St. Mary's ahead of DLS. I might swap those two, personally.

I would too based upon the way DLS has been playing in recent weeks. That said, I do think the Rams would give the Spartans a really good game. Their offense would pose some problems for DLS, but the game would come down to how well the Rams could slow the veer. I'd take the Spartans in a 38-28 type game.

2 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

I would too based upon the way DLS has been playing in recent weeks. That said, I do think the Rams would give the Spartans a really good game. Their offense would pose some problems for DLS, but the game would come down to how well the Rams could slow the veer. I'd take the Spartans in a 38-28 type game.

Since you mentioned the Trinity league, I saw the film where  Servite  lost to DLS by 1 point, but you say DLS is 10 points better than St. Mary's.  That makes Servite 9 points better than St. Mary's in your universe.  Narbonne is better than Servite.  Hence my point.  Triple Simple as that

PS Stop (in advance) with the DLS hyper improvement.  Don't even go there. 

I don't think the cc defense is porous. Could it be that they score on them alot due to how quickly their offense scores. It allows the opponent more opportunities to score.

It's hard to say whether Narbonne or St Mary's is better. If they both come thru this weekend , it will be settled on the field. Either that or by daisy chain.