True 19!! GA vs Texas All Star Game

ATLien12x

Excited to take this game in and be a part of the inaugural event. Georgia's 2019 all stars vs Texas' 2019 All Stars. Game is held at Lakewood Stadium in Atlanta on January 15th 2017. 

This has been in the works for a few months and everything finally got ironed out with rosters, travel, and location solidified. Try outs were held and teams were selected on talent/2019 class basis  

While yes it is only an All Star game for fun, it'll be cool to see Georgia and Texas best young talent go at each other in a compatible manner  

http://www.true19.buzz/texas-roster/

Texas roster 

http://www.true19.buzz/georgia-roster/

Georgia roster 

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Excited to take this game in and be a part of the inaugural event. Georgia's 2019 all stars vs Texas' 2019 All Stars. Game is held at Lakewood Stadium in Atlanta on January 15th 2017. 

This has been in the works for a few months and everything finally got ironed out with rosters, travel, and location solidified. Try outs were held and teams were selected on talent/2019 class basis  

While yes it is only an All Star game for fun, it'll be cool to see Georgia and Texas best young talent go at each other in a compatible manner  

http://www.true19.buzz/texas-roster/

Texas roster 

http://www.true19.buzz/georgia-roster/

Georgia roster 

Can anyone comment on how good are these rosters, i.e., is this tier 1 talent for the respective states or something less?

1 minute ago, PrepGridiron said:

Can anyone comment on how good are these rosters, i.e., is this tier 1 talent for the respective states or something less?

The Georgia roster is A+!!!!!!! I was very shocked and surprised to the TOP RECRUITS for 2019 take place. 

Georgia is sending their best. ECHS and SWDekalb will also verify after checking out the roster. 

The Texas guys will handle theirs but Kenyatta my buddy who's running the event said Texas team is stacked too 

I do not know the roster for Texas as some of y'all may, but the Georgia team is LOAAADED. I was surprised to see all the studs such as Owen Pappoe (Grayson) Jadon Haselwood (Cedar Grove) and Dominick Blaylock play in this game. Jamious Griffin (Rome) Keiondre Jones (Callaway) These are all four- five star guys already 

Bleacher Report,. 247sports, and Scout.com are sponsored so the big names are showing out. 

4 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Texas roster seems to be DFW influenced more so than the entire state.  Nonetheless, allen has 6 kids on the roster that are all pretty good. So I'd say it's a solid roster.

• Like 1

I stole this quote from a Texas forum:

The Class of 2019 will go down in history as one of the best to ever enter the ranks of College Football in the modern era. God-Given natural ability, combined with an above average football I.Q. honed while playing youth football at its highest levels, has enabled these young men to make a difference on High School football fields across the country.

While there are many Blue-Chip recruits in this class in every state from coast to coast. It became evident to our scouting professionals that the 'creme de la creme' of the 2019 class resides in the great states of Texas and Georgia. Thus, the "True 19 Georgia vs Texas Sophomore Showdown" was born.

This once in a lifetime opportunity will enable the top 90 Sophomores in these two football rich states to compete at the highest level and showcase their talent to a nationwide audience.

Sunday, january 15, 2017 Atlanta, Georgia

why do I care... Deondrick Glass from Katy will represent Texas KATYsmiley.gif

Just now, TheRealCAJ said:

This type stuff proves nothing though.

I don't really get a Soph All Star game.

Just a Showcase game for fun. Kids from Texas get to travel against Atlanta. Kids from Georgia get to play against the best in Texas. It's good and competitive.

This isn't a beat your chest type of event. It's a banter /fun/ enjoyable type of event against two premier states showcasing a whole lotta talent 

11 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I stole this quote from a Texas forum:

The Class of 2019 will go down in history as one of the best to ever enter the ranks of College Football in the modern era. God-Given natural ability, combined with an above average football I.Q. honed while playing youth football at its highest levels, has enabled these young men to make a difference on High School football fields across the country.

While there are many Blue-Chip recruits in this class in every state from coast to coast. It became evident to our scouting professionals that the 'creme de la creme' of the 2019 class resides in the great states of Texas and Georgia. Thus, the "True 19 Georgia vs Texas Sophomore Showdown" was born.

This once in a lifetime opportunity will enable the top 90 Sophomores in these two football rich states to compete at the highest level and showcase their talent to a nationwide audience.

Sunday, january 15, 2017 Atlanta, Georgia

why do I care... Deondrick Glass from Katy will represent Texas KATYsmiley.gif

I didn't see glass on the roster, one reason why I was skeptical of the qualityneither is the state's top recruit Brian Williams from bishop dunne.   

here are the top recruits in texas per 247.  texas is well represented, some are on there others not for whatever reason. oh well, it's still an experience especially for the allen kids to go and compete and get ready for their season.

http://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TX

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I didn't see glass on the roster, one reason why I was skeptical of the qualityneither is the state's top recruit Brian Williams from bishop dunne.  The other 5**** RB is Noah Cain from guyer.  Disnt see him either.  Thes are the top recruits not on the roster...that I could see.  maybe I overlooked them

It may have been harder to lure some kids from Texas to travel for Georgia.  They may have prior commitments such as basketball or another obligation. 

I truly have no clue. I do know that they wanted to get the best 2019 players they could and that's what they did. Texas is a great state filled with a ton of talent - I have no doubts they'll compete and shine. May be some new guys you haven't seen yet as they're only all rising juniors. 

I do not believe this is an event where Georgia is trying to whoop on a lesser Texas team. I think it's just they held tryouts and told dates and people either wanted to be down with it or they didn't. 

Itll be a fun competitive game. I hope some Texas talent shows up, I'm betting they will 

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

It may have been harder to lure some kids from Texas to travel for Georgia.  They may have prior commitments such as basketball or another obligation. 

I truly have no clue. I do know that they wanted to get the best 2019 players they could and that's what they did. Texas is a great state filled with a ton of talent - I have no doubts they'll compete and shine. May be some new guys you haven't seen yet as they're only all rising juniors. 

I do not believe this is an event where Georgia is trying to whoop on a lesser Texas team. I think it's just they held tryouts and told dates and people either wanted to be down with it or they didn't. 

Itll be a fun competitive game. I hope some Texas talent shows up, I'm betting they will 

Texas is well represented, there are a handful in the 247 rankings on the roster, so texas is ok.  It's just hard to read the font style.

39 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

This type stuff proves nothing though.

I don't really get a Soph All Star game.

Its really a Rising Junior game.

And of course youd say this... the only reason to, is bc you are afraid people WILL think itll "prove" something.

It is what it is. A Rising Junior All-Star game with some of the best in TX vs some of the best in GA.

• Like 1

5* RB Deon Cain (Denton Guyer) - #1 RB in TX, #2 overall player in TX

4* QB Grant Gunnell  (St. Pius X, Hous.) - #1 QB in TX, #3 overall player in TX

4*ATH Jordan Whittingham  (Cuero) - #1 ATH in TX, #4 overall player in TX

4* OT Andrew Coker  (KatyTaylor) - #2 OT in TX, #8 overall player in TX 

4* WR Theo Wease (Allen) - #1 WR in TX, #10 overall player in TX

... I only went through the Top 10 2019 recruits in TX and found 5 of the Top 10 are on the roster inc. the #1 QB, RB, ATH, and WR among those top 10.  And 3 of the top 5. 

Pretty clear the Top players in TX will be there.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

... I only went through the Top 10 2019 recruits in TX and found 5 of the Top 10 are on the roster inc. the #1 QB, RB, ATH, and WR among those top 10.  And 3 of the top 5. 

Yea, read my post #15.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Ill go find more... but this is an impressive list already. The TX offense is gonna be made up of the best in TX.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

OH WOE IS GEORGIA!!!!

• Like 1