9. Wayne Hills (11-1)

8. Ridgewood (12-0)

7. Westfield (11-0)

6. Bergen Catholic (7-4)

5. Don Bosco Prep (6-5)

4. St. Peter's Prep (8-4)

3. Timber Creek (12-0)

2. Paramus Catholic (10-2)

And your 2016 #1......St. Joseph Regional (10-2)

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Just now, paladin4ever said:

Timber Creek may not be #3, but they're a pretty good team. Played well in their scrimmage against PC early in the year. I'm just glad the Toms River North nonsense was settled. They were never that good.

Thats fine and dandy that they are a good public school team but wouldnt beat the Sig6

24 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Timber creek did blow everyone away except Cherokee. 

But it we cannot accurately rank them w that schedule. 

Was anyone at timber C and pc game scrimmage ? 

Here is what Darren Cooper wrote regarding the PC-TC scrimmage. Obviously, PC improved over the course of the year, but I suppose TC did as well:

"After a 10-minute break, it was on to Timber Creek, which was the match-up that I’m sure everyone was looking forward too. These two schools scrimmaged in 2014 and it ended in a virtual tie. Most recently, uh, Timber Creek has been in the news for allegations about having players enrolled who are from out of district. There’s a big investigation going on.

On the field, Timber Creek was good. They exposed what could be Paramus Catholic’s Achilles Heel in 2016, which is the secondary. The PC secondary struggled in coverage, in space, and to make tackles on receivers. So much so, that Sabella brought it up before I even asked him about it.

“Defensively we have some things in the secondary that we have to figure out – to put it nicely,” Sabella said.

Creek scored on its first play, but the Paladins came right back on a pass play to Donte Small (who has made big plays in both PC scrimmages). Creek came back and scored in three plays, on a draw play. Then PC scored on a pass to Javon Turner. PC got a sack on the next series (think it was Jordan Watson) and took a 16-14 lead on a Gomez 32 yard FG. Creek then missed a field goal, Watson again with a big play to stop that drive. Clark appeared to run 20 yards for a TD, but it was negated by a holding call, but on the next play, Suazo found Turner on a quick out, and he showed good toughness breaking a few tackles. That made it 23-14 by my count (I might have been off with some of the PATs). Creek scored on one play, a deep post. PC was at the six-yard line at the end of the mini-game."

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

NJ  has some very strong teams but I get the feeling the state was down as a whole this year. No super elite squads.

Been saying that the enrtire year. Bosco was down, BC was grossly inconsistent, and PC and SJR were just less inconsistent than the others. This is the way of the world in North jersey now. It's now 5 years complete since the last undefeated and dominant NJ team.

4 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I think timber creek would of competed w the significant 6 pretty well .... If they played them all I think they could of got a win or 2. 

I tend to disagree. Playing PC in an early season August controlled scrimmage is completely different than playing in the regular season when it means something. Just once I'd love to see one of these publics go out and play the big boys in a real game.  

4 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Jimbo, your right, public administrators don't want to be ashamed or have a kid hurt... Now would be the time as parity will not allow a powerhouse like old Bosco teams.. Remember when Bosco played Mission Viejo in 2011 when 4 opposing players were hospitalized..

4 players from MV went to the hospital..

Ok I'll bite ... Which players ? I'll try and validate not sure that's true ... 

19 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

I tend to disagree. Playing PC in an early season August controlled scrimmage is completely different than playing in the regular season when it means something. Just once I'd love to see one of these publics go out and play the big boys in a real game.  

bosco was vulnerable on defense to speed. Timber creek has that. Seton hall prep should of beat bosco. 

Spp or Bc against TC would of been shootout. 

Joes Prob had best defense in BNU so TC worst odds would be against them. 

TC could of played w depaul too. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

bosco was vulnerable on defense to speed. Timber creek has that. Seton hall prep should of beat bosco. 

Spp or Bc against TC would of been shootout. 

Joes Prob had best defense in BNU so TC worst odds would be against them. 

TC could of played w depaul too. 

I hear the same thing every year about TC or Montclair or a few others. Let them step up and play in a regular season game. They won't.