PrepGridiron.com National High School Football Top 25 Reader Poll (Updated 1/5)

PrepGridiron

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'd have Chaminade in over NW. Need to reward SOS. 

I'd have Chaminade and SJP in over Desoto and South Pointe.  MNW plays BTW this week, so we will know more.  MNW is basically a preseason holdover, but have looked the part vs weaker competition.  That game vs. Columbus (24-7) was called short, per the Herald

"game was halted with 40 seconds left in the third quarter and Northwestern ready to line up on first and goal from the Columbus 6-yard line when lightning was detected in the area of the stadium."

FL we will see some movement or at least know more about where teams stand now after this week...  IMG hosts MC, BTW plays MNW,   Cocoa and Viera is a nice clash and AHP should handle Chaminade Madonna, but we'll see what 2 weeks off has done to both teams on ESPNU tonight.   

54 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Bump 

I like how this looks (especially 1-23).  

14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Who were the next five???

St. Joseph's Prep, Chandler, Cartersville, Hoover and then a three way tie between St. Louis, St. Joe's and Chaminade. The point differential between St. Joseph's and Chandler is pretty big. too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

So my thoughts on not including Katy were that they only have 1 game under their belt, and they most likely can't be at the same level some of these teams that have played 4-5 games are......What are others thoughts on this?

Understandable... I'll be honest I have them as a sentimental pick with Hurricane Harvey.   I'll give them every chance to remain and they likely will into the playoffs as they don't have a regular season opponent left to challenge them.    Preseason rated, one quality win, cruise control until playoffs.  

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I'd have Chaminade and SJP in over Desoto and South Pointe.  MNW plays BTW this week, so we will know more.  MNW is basically a preseason holdover, but have looked the part vs weaker competition.  That game vs. Columbus (24-7) was called short, per the Herald

"game was halted with 40 seconds left in the third quarter and Northwestern ready to line up on first and goal from the Columbus 6-yard line when lightning was detected in the area of the stadium."

FL we will see some movement or at least know more about where teams stand now after this week...  IMG hosts MC, BTW plays MNW,   Cocoa and Viera is a nice clash and AHP should handle Chaminade Madonna, but we'll see what 2 weeks off has done to both teams on ESPNU tonight.   

IMG squeaked by MC with the help of special teams, MNW beat BTW 14-7 (BTW lost to MC by 2 and should have won), Cocoa and Viera went to double OT with Cocoa winning 24-17  (was either a fake fg or a bad snap or hold and a TD pass by Cocoa on their 2nd OT TD.  (end of regulation was 10-10).  Was watching on Periscope from back of end zone view.    AHP most definitely handled Chaminade.   

Week 6 Top 25 Rankings. Updated 9/28/2017. 

1. IMG Academy (FL) 3-0 defeated Miami Central; next up Miami Northwestern (FL)
  2. Mater Dei (CA) (5) 5-0 defeated St. Mary's; next up Santa Margarita on 10/6
  3. St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) 3-0 defeated Stranahan; next up Centennial (AZ) 
  4. St. John Bosco (CA) 3-1 defeated St. John's College (DC); next up Orange Lutheran on 10/6
  5. Allen (TX) 3-0 bye; next up Boyd
  6. Grayson (GA) 4-0 defeated International School of Broward (FL); next up Ramsay (AL)
  7. Miami Central (FL) 3-1 lost to IMG Academy; next up Norland
  8. Centennial (CA) 3-1 bye; next up Roosevelt on 10/6
  9. American Heritage (FL) 3-0 defeated Chaminade-Madonna; next up Stranahan on 10/6
  10. Bishop Gorman (NV)  3-2 defeated Bonanza; next up Spring Valley
  11. St. Frances Academy (MD) 4-0 defeated Calvert Hall; next up Loyola Blakefield 
  12. Bingham (UT) 6-0 defeated Westlake; next up Lone Peak
  13. Ben Davis (IN) 6-0 defeated Lawrence North; next up Carmel
  14. Converse Judson (TX) 4-0 defeated New Braunfels; next up Steele
  15. Dematha (MD) 4-1 defeated Friendship Collegiate (DC); next up Gonzaga
  16. Trinity (KY) 6-0 defeated Jeffersontown; next up St. Xavier
  17. Miami Northwestern (FL) 3-0 defeated Booker T. Washington; next up IMG Academy
  18. St. John's College (DC) 2-2 lost to St. John Bosco (CA); next up Our Lady of Good Counsel
  19. St. Xavier (OH) 5-0 defeated Archbishop Moeller; next up Elder
  20. DeSoto (TX) 3-0 bye; next up Cedar Hill
  21. St. Edward (OH) 5-0 defeated Buchtel; next up Naperville Central (IL)
  22. Katy (TX) 2-0 defeated Cinco Ranch; next up Katy Taylor
  23. De La Salle (CA) 4-1 defeated Central; next up Bishop O'Dowd
  24. South Pointe (SC) 5-0 defeated Shelby; next up Ridgeview
  25. Lowndes (GA) 5-0 defeated Shiloh; next up Ware County

On the Bubble: Chaminade (CA), Union (OK), St. Joseph's Prep (PA), St. Peter's Prep (NJ) and St. Ignatius (OH)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I have DLS below SJC because I think if they played 10x SJC wins 7-8 of them.  Imo.

I was thinking the exact same thing and its the reason I have DLS below SJC.

Not my own original thought, but the only thing I wonder about SJC is the conditioning. They certainly have the talent to beat just about anyone.

4 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I was thinking the exact same thing and its the reason I have DLS below SJC.

Not my own original thought, but the only thing I wonder about SJC is the conditioning. They certainly have the talent to beat just about anyone.

Yeah they kind of wore down at end of SJB game.  Seems consistent.  Absolutely brutal schedule though.

On 8/17/2017 at 9:54 PM, PrepGridiron said:

PrepGridiron.com National High School Football Top 25 Reader Poll Week 6

Week 6 Top 25 Rankings. Updated 9/28/2017. 

1. IMG Academy (FL) 3-0 defeated Miami Central; next up Miami Northwestern (FL)
  2. Mater Dei (CA) (5) 5-0 defeated St. Mary's; next up Santa Margarita on 10/6
  3. St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) 3-0 defeated Stranahan; next up Centennial (AZ) 
  4. St. John Bosco (CA) 3-1 defeated St. John's College (DC); next up Orange Lutheran on 10/6
  5. Allen (TX) 3-0 bye; next up Boyd
  6. Grayson (GA) 4-0 defeated International School of Broward (FL); next up Ramsay (AL)
  7. Miami Central (FL) 3-1 lost to IMG Academy; next up Norland
  8. Centennial (CA) 3-1 bye; next up Roosevelt on 10/6
  9. American Heritage (FL) 3-0 defeated Chaminade-Madonna; next up Stranahan on 10/6
  10. Bishop Gorman (NV)  3-2 defeated Bonanza; next up Spring Valley
  11. St. Frances Academy (MD) 4-0 defeated Calvert Hall; next up Loyola Blakefield 
  12. Bingham (UT) 6-0 defeated Westlake; next up Lone Peak
  13. Ben Davis (IN) 6-0 defeated Lawrence North; next up Carmel
  14. Converse Judson (TX) 4-0 defeated New Braunfels; next up Steele
  15. Dematha (MD) 4-1 defeated Friendship Collegiate (DC); next up Gonzaga
  16. Trinity (KY) 6-0 defeated Jeffersontown; next up St. Xavier
  17. Miami Northwestern (FL) 3-0 defeated Booker T. Washington; next up IMG Academy
  18. St. John's College (DC) 2-2 lost to St. John Bosco (CA); next up Our Lady of Good Counsel
  19. St. Xavier (OH) 5-0 defeated Archbishop Moeller; next up Elder
  20. DeSoto (TX) 3-0 bye; next up Cedar Hill
  21. St. Edward (OH) 5-0 defeated Buchtel; next up Naperville Central (IL)
  22. Katy (TX) 2-0 defeated Cinco Ranch; next up Katy Taylor
  23. De La Salle (CA) 4-1 defeated Central; next up Bishop O'Dowd
  24. South Pointe (SC) 5-0 defeated Shelby; next up Ridgeview
  25. Lowndes (GA) 5-0 defeated Shiloh; next up Ware County

On the Bubble: Chaminade (CA), Union (OK), St. Joseph's Prep (PA), St. Peter's Prep (NJ) and St. Ignatius (OH)

Archived Rankings for 2017

Edited 23 hours ago by PrepGridironuote

I just can't figure the mindset behind St. Francis and American Heritage being ranked SOOOOOOO highly! When Colquitt isn't in the top seventy five, with a far more impressive showing against a common opponent in Bishop Sullivan! And before you say it, there are NUMEROUS reasons for Colquitt's poor showing against Brookwood! Time will tell if it was a valid result or an aberration! Cause I think that Colquitt will SQUASH the SHIT out of um if they get another shot! And what's up with all the LUUUUUUUV for South Point? They BARELY beat a 5A school in Georgia, who may not win the bush league state championship!

3-2 Bishop Gorman at NUMBER TEN, isn't even worth a fucking response!

Week 7 Top 25 Rankings. Updated 10/5/2017. 

1. IMG Academy (FL) 4-0 defeated Miami Northwestern (FL); next Venice FL
  2. Mater Dei (CA) (5) 5-0 bye; next up Santa Margarita 
  3. Allen (TX) 4-0 defeated Boyd; next up Plano West on 10/5
  4. Centennial (CA) 3-1 bye; next up Roosevelt 
  5. Grayson (GA) 5-0 defeated Ramsay (AL); next up Shiloh
  6. Miami Central (FL) 5-1 defeated Edison; next up Blanche Ely
  7. American Heritage (FL) 3-0 bye; next up Stranahan 
  8. St. John Bosco (CA) 4-1 bye; next up Orange Lutheran 
  9. Bishop Gorman (NV) 4-2 defeated Spring Valley; next up Clark
  10. Bingham (UT) 7-0 defeated Lone Peak; next up Hunter
  11. St. Frances Academy (MD) 5-0 defeated Loyola Blakefield; next up McDonogh 
  12. Ben Davis (IN) 7-0 defeated Carmel; next up Lawrence Central
  13. Dematha (MD) 4-1 bye; next up Gonzaga
  14. Converse Judson (TX) 5-0 defeated Steele; next up East Central
  15. Katy (TX) 3-0 defeated Katy Taylor; next up Seven Lakes on 10/13
  16. Trinity (KY) 7-0 defeated St. Xavier; next up Eastern
  17. St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) 3-1 lost to Centennial (AZ); next up Deerfield Beach
  18. Lowndes (GA) 6-0 defeated Ware County; next up Mt. Zion
  19. St. Xavier (OH) 6-0 defeated Elder; next up LaSalle
  20. St. Edward (OH) 6-0 defeated Naperville Central (IL); next up Cathedral
  21. De La Salle (CA) 4-1 defeated Bishop O'Dowd; next up California
  22. DeSoto (TX) 4-0 defeated Cedar Hill; next up MacArthur
  23. St. John's College (DC) 2-2 bye; next up Our Lady of Good Counsel
  24. South Pointe (SC) 6-0 defeated Ridgeview; next up Westwood
  25. St. Joseph's Prep (PA) 4-0 bye; next up Roman Catholic

On the Bubble: Chaminade (CA), Centennial (AZ), Colquitt County (GA), Union (OK), St. Ignatius (OH)

Is there a chance that we see Mater Dei and IMG both go undefeated but Mater Dei surpasses IMG in this poll before the Cali playoffs? 

Just curious how fluid it is at the top. If at some point the SOS and other intangibles are there how easy will it be to sail out on IMG now that they've held serve for so long?

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Cen10 CA too high 

4 TX teams in T25 is too many

Cen10 AZ should've made the T25 this week (bottom 1/4)

I'm cool 1 thru 16 w the teams.  Desoto just not seeing it yet.  Should be 3 in TX imo.  

STA at 17 is quite generous and omitting Cen10 AZ is odd.  If anything STA should be borderline or in last 1/4.  

BG has 2 losses but marquee wins too w Dematha and DLS.  SJC has 2 losses and sure close ones but no marquee wins yet.  Not sure they belong.   Games are 48 minutes long.  Losing with style imo borderline or lower.  

Nice to see SJP in there. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Currently, IMG has such a big SOS lead on MD* (17.2), I don't think The Stache can make up the gap even if they run the table in Cali. 

I think the quality of play of MD or lackluster performance by IMG have to contribute a little in the ranking.   Mainly who would win best of 3 and I think MD would.  But I can understand going either way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Is there a chance that we see Mater Dei and IMG both go undefeated but Mater Dei surpasses IMG in this poll before the Cali playoffs? 

Just curious how fluid it is at the top. If at some point the SOS and other intangibles are there how easy will it be to sail out on IMG now that they've held serve for so long?

Surely playoffs and performance have to be taken into consideration, so it's hard to say right now....................but I think I would have to see IMG lose or nearly lose to a much lesser team to move them from #1.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Thanks guys. That was kind of what I expected you all to be thinking. Once a team is fairly solid at 1, it's pretty difficult to drop them unless something big happens one way or the other.

My reasoning is less to do with a cemented spot, and rather more about IMG being a special case. I'll have to actually see someone beat them before I believe that someone should be favored over them.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Thanks guys. That was kind of what I expected you all to be thinking. Once a team is fairly solid at 1, it's pretty difficult to drop them unless something big happens one way or the other.

I have had IMG behind MD for last 4 weeks just because who I believe would win.  Not exactly fair to IMG due to their schedule but f em.  😌

• Like 1