Fact that New Jersey is a shit hole

HooverOutlaw

21 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

#1 state in people moving out.

http://nj1015.com/reasons-why-new-jerseyans-are-leaving-in-droves-djs-top-picks/

It's the arm pit of America.

Taxes, taxes and more taxes. No thanks. Plus crap weather. In retrospect a fun place to grow up and some very good education. Was just time to move on in my case.

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not surprising. Most of those leaving are doing so because they're retiring. The formula is to earn and save a boatload of $$$ up north, sell our homes, retire, then migrate south happily ever after. It's what we do. 

You'd rather live in Ramsey, NJ than Prattville, AL if you could afford to. Trust me. 

Im not paying to live next to New York

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not surprising. Most of those leaving are doing so because they're retiring. The formula is to earn and save a boatload of $$$ up north, sell our homes, retire, then migrate south happily ever after. It's what we do. 

You'd rather live in Ramsey, NJ than Prattville, AL if you could afford to. Trust me. 

Tell us about Prattville since you are such a expert.

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Ramsey, Allendale, Montvale, Hillsdale, Northvale, Upper Saddle River, Saddle River etc all beautiful places to live but again very expensive.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/11/americas-10-worst-states-to-live-in-2017.html

1. ALABAMA

Sweet home? Not if you are over 50, a minority, gay or transgender and you are concerned about discrimination.Alabama is one of only five states with no statewide legal protections for those groups, making it one of America's least inclusive states. It is also one of America's least healthy states, with the nation's third-highest rate of premature deaths. On a positive note, the skies are blue and the governor's true.

2017 Quality of Life score: 83 out of 300 points
Weaknesses: Inclusiveness, health, crime
Strength: Air quality
2016 Quality of Life rank: No. 43

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Ramsey, Allendale, Montvale, Hillsdale, Northvale, Upper Saddle River, Saddle River etc all beautiful places to live but again very expensive.

Yea,  GSB did say if you can afford it.  You get what you pay for.  A huge house in some shitty state with nothing to do for dirt cheap, or a small houses with tons to do for the same price

Just now, steeler01 said:

Yea,  GSB did say if you can afford it.  You get what you pay for.  A huge house in some shitty state with nothing to do for dirt cheap, or a small houses with tons to do for the same price

Yep. All relative. Did my time in NJ. Done with cold, damp winters. 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I feel the same way about NY as I do about CA... 

Overhyped as f**k... 

Ive been to both. 

Although I do like Upstate NY its beuatiful. 

Overhyped by who?

I don't think it's a utopia, but I'd much rather live in New Jersey or Cali over most states. Especially Alabama and most of the South.

• Like 1

I lived in Central Jersey for a year at my Great Aunts. All the houses are big and everyone has money. You have to. Everyone in my family up there had 2 story big ass houses that were 300K and up. Made me feel poor. Lol. I was used to living in apartments and moving ever year when I was little. 

My whole life got upgraded the year I spent there. Houses, lower crime, education. Etc. Plus I was still a kid so it wasn't my choice to move back even though I wanted to. I just couldn't take the weather and the people were too different than what I was accustomed to. All the stereotypes about Italians and Irish from Jersey are true! Lol 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Overhyped by who?

I don't think it's a utopia, but I'd much rather live in New Jersey or Cali over most states. Especially Alabama and most of the South.

Overhyped by everyone. 

I get to hear everyday.

"NYC is the best place to live"

"I wanna live in L.A"

"California is the best state in the nation" 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

But you shouldn't glorify either of them. 

Again Both places are great places to visit. 

But I wouldnt even consider living in NYC or California. 

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I resemble that remark ;) 

The cheapest houses in my neighborhood sell for about $700k. And I live on the bad side of the tracks! The wealthy folks pay more than $30k per year in taxes. Because they can. Wall Street guys. #MAGA

That's insane. My house cost $170K and I feel I live In a palace. Lol. Gated community and everything. 

For $700K you can buy the whole damn Cul de sac for all your friends and family 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Overhyped by everyone. 

I get to hear everyday.

"NYC is the best place to live"

"I wanna live in L.A"

"California is the best state in the nation" 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

But you shouldn't glorify either of them. 

Again Both places are great places to visit. 

But I wouldnt even consider living in NYC or California. 

So the people overhyping said states don't live there

Just now, steeler01 said:

So the people overhyping said states don't live there

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

That's insane. My house cost $170K and I feel I live In a palace. Lol. Gated community and everything. 

For $700K you can buy the whole damn Cul de sac for all your friends and family 😂

Hell there are homes here that are 680K and up....