Heisman Finalists

ThunderRam

Heisman Finalists  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which finalist would you vote for?

• Lamar Jackson
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Jabrill Peppers
    • Deshaun Watson
    • Dede Westbrook

Without a doubt, I think Deshaun Watson brings this home. 4 years in the making, consistency every week. Outstanding player.

Lamar Jackson is also an excellent candidate but after the first half of the season seemed to slowly become lesser than what he was in the Syracuse game, even in the Clemson game.

Jabrill Peppers is phenomenal, could be an interesting race with Deshaun.

7 hours ago, Gametime66 said:

Without a doubt, I think Deshaun Watson brings this home. 4 years in the making, consistency every week. Outstanding player.

Lamar Jackson is also an excellent candidate but after the first half of the season seemed to slowly become lesser than what he was in the Syracuse game, even in the Clemson game.

Jabrill Peppers is phenomenal, could be an interesting race with Deshaun.

Consistency?? He was anything but consistent this year

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Baker Mayfield was a beast all season.  He put up numbers with two NFL backs on his roster.  He has great pocket presence.  He stays in the pocket too long sometimes which is what gets him in trouble.

He ran around all day in the game against OK St and had better numbers doing that then actually standing in the pocket

Just now, nptb17 said:

That is what he does too.  He'll scramble looking for the big play.  He could have more rushing yards if he would just take off sometimes.

I agree but that exposes him to hits and he seems smart enough to not wanna take those hits. The play is either there or he lives to play another down

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I agree but that exposes him to hits and he seems smart enough to not wanna take those hits. The play is either there or he lives to play another down

Yea, his problem last season was that he would take off and get blown up because he thought he was like his rb's.  Have to be smart about it.

Just now, nptb17 said:

Yea, his problem last season was that he would take off and get blown up because he thought he was like his rb's.  Have to be smart about it.

Theres a time and a play to take off and take a hit. 4th and 1 and you need it then go for it. Other then that live to fight another down. Esp in the big 12 were you can score 60 pts in a game

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Watson wins the O'Brien award as top QB over Jackson.  Prelude to the Heisman voting??  But Jackson won the Maxwell and the Camp.  Mixed signals.  If you are the best QB, how do you lose the Heisman to another QB?

Yup. Will be interesting which way voters go ..... Watson won the acc, beat Lamar head to head, and has clemson in the playoff. 

Jackson put up unreal statistics but ended year on two game losing skid. 

Unfortunately for me I think jackson takes it ... And in a sense a 48 yard FG by the pitt kicker will Prob cost me bc if clemson was undefeated I think watson wins it .....