SJB Unanimous MNC

eddiev

37 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Lakota West, OH disagrees about who has the best secondary in the country.

So does SJB:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Larry Blustein, whom I trust, said that Cormani McClain is a very good prospect but overrated player. "They didn't really play anyone who could throw the ball."

You are drifting into RedZone territory where you love players who look great in their uniform but are never actually tested against other elite players/teams.

Lakewood’s Power 5 QB went 24-37 for 283 yards against Miami central. It was the most passing yards allowed by MC all year. So, if they are a team that can’t throw the ball, then you’ve effectively redefined “throwing the ball” to mean “didn’t play Lakeland”. Lol. He had 155 vs Lakeland, and the #2 corner Harrison (Miami target) was held out of the game. 

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I would hope so. In fact, I’d hope that, if asked who has the better secondary, quite literally every team in the country would claim to be better. I mean, why not?

Well Lakota West is known for putting out next level talent in the Cincinnati area. Their 23 class has db's going to Northwestern, Notre Dame and Ohio St and this is after just sending two to Ohio St and Kentucky in the 22 class. Their 24 class has a kid with 7 offers with more sure to come. That is just their secondary.

Lakota has some guys in the NFL currently. This school pumps out talent or talent finds its way there. However you want to look at it, Lakota West has it. 

7 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Lakewood’s Power 5 QB went 24-37 for 283 yards against Miami central.

STA's "athlete playing QB" went 15-of-19 for 220 yards and 3 TDs against consensus top 40 team St. Joseph's Prep.

He went 11-of-16 for 205 yards and 3 TDs against 2S state champion, Cocoa.

Literally everything you say it immediately invalidated by something you said mere minute before.

11 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

STA's "athlete playing QB" went 15-of-19 for 220 yards and 3 TDs against consensus top 40 team St. Joseph's Prep.

He went 11-of-16 for 205 yards and 3 TDs against 2S state champion, Cocoa.

Literally everything you say it immediately invalidated by something you said mere minute before.

You’d have to clearly define what it means to be classified as a team that “can throw the ball. If Clearwater Academy, Lakewood and Lake Minneola can’t throw the ball, then neither can STA. If we allow that STA can throw the ball, then those teams can throw it, too. 

Fact is, neither you nor Larry did a ton of homework on Lakeland since it was know they wouldn’t face any south Florida powers, and you spoke out of your ass. It’s ok to admit that.

But he doesn’t know Lakewood had a power 5 QB that threw for more yards on Miami Central than anyone else. 

Maybe he did but also knows that this means nothing in regards to the statement that was made.

That same kid was 10-of-24 (41.7%) for 119 yards and 1 TD, 1 INT against........Homestead. His second worst efficiency rating of the season.

His worst game of the season? Not against Lakeland.

It was his 29-of-57 (50.9%) for 335 yards and 3 INTs against Palm Beach Central.

Duuurrrrr!

🤡

If Clearwater Academy, Lakewood and Lake Minneola can’t throw the ball, than neither can STA. If we allow that STA can throw the ball, than those teams can throw it, too. 

This is really, really stupid.

The simplest definition I can think of is a team that can throw it effectively when they need to.

Lakewood was a 9-4 team that lost by double digits to every competent team they played and the QB had, not surprisingly, his worst performances in those losses.

4 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Maybe he did but also knows that this means nothing in regards to the statement that was made.

That same kid was 10-of-24 (41.7%) for 119 yards and 1 TD, 1 INT against........Homestead. His second worst efficiency rating of the season.

His worst game of the season? Not against Lakeland.

It was his 29-of-57 (50.9%) for 335 yards and 3 INTs against Palm Beach Central.

Duuurrrrr!

🤡

Two early season games against teams with their entire starting secondary. They were better later in the year. They certainly “can throw the ball”. So can CAI and Lake Minneola. Venice has the gimmicks.

14 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Fact is, neither you nor Larry did a ton of homework on Lakeland since it was know they wouldn’t face any south Florida powers, and you spoke out of your ass. It’s ok to admit that.

Cormani McClain is going to Miami and I think he's overrated.

Lakeland plays shit competition and Larry Blustein has watched more film today then you've watched in your entire life.

I've also been right eleventy billion times more than you have. Your greatest hits of incorrect predictions and silly claims is legendary.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

They certainly “can throw the ball”. So can CAI and Lake Minneola.

You are deluded by middling high school football.

You're the kind of guy that would rate Hezekiah Harris' performance against St. Joseph's Prep on ESPN, or Zion's against St. Frances Academy, as equal with a performance against slapdicks like Lake Minneola and Lakewood.

Jesus Christ.

8 minutes ago, badrouter said:

You’ve made so many bogus claims in the time it took for me to get back on this site, it seems a waste of time to address them.

The key difference is that I would be able to show the receipts and you'd just say it and think you nailed it.

Like you thinking that Lakewood is a good passing team because they throw it a lot except all the proves is that they throw it a lot.

19 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Jesus Christ.

Mater Dei was still considered.

It keeps getting harder and harder to distinguish from parody.

however, in fairness, that athlete playing quarterback has the benefit of a much better line. receivers, and running backs than the Lakewood quarterback

seems to me, the only way to settle the ongoing debate between bad router and Atticus is to have Lakeland and St. Thomas meet up in the regular season next year. How about that? Two storied programs. Do a home and home. You know the makings of very good intersectional high school football. What we should be striving for, instead of weird, out-of-state matchups.

12 minutes ago, 181pl said:

seems to me, the only way to settle the ongoing debate between bad router and Atticus is to have Lakeland and St. Thomas meet up in the regular season next year. How about that? Two storied programs. Do a home and home. You know the makings of very good intersectional high school football. What we should be striving for, instead of weird, out-of-state matchups.

Would be a nice regular season tilt for sure, but STA can’t possibly miss local powers another season in a row.  It’s about time they strap it on with the little brother (CM), play Gibbons and AHP annually and dare I say, play MC again.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Would be a nice regular season tilt for sure, but STA can’t possibly miss local powers another season in a row.  It’s about time they strap it on with the little brother (CM), play Gibbons and AHP annually and dare I say, play MC again.  

I doubt there's any chance that they play Chaminade next year after their recent faceplant. They dropped STA way back in the 80s and there's been no impetus to reward them in the present with a platforming. 

The burden for not playing Gibbons is entirely on them.

With American Heritage I just don't think there's that much interest. They were not a rival for decades until about 2013-14 when the drumbeat became too loud to avoid. Then STA running clocked them. The last two meetings were COVID-related and by necessity.

Central let's do it.

I preface by saying that Twan Russell has proven to be much different than George Smith and doesn't have a lot the old pre-existing feelings that the old regime did.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dntn31 said:

So does SJB:

Can we get a list where all those guys played High School football before joining the sjb circus?

Thanks so much.