SJB Unanimous MNC

eddiev

I believe SJB is the MNC because all year anyone who had an opinion on the matter had Miami Central and Chaminade as consensus top 3 Florida teams all year. (Along with STA)

Most people had MC and Chaminade 1 and 2. You can flip them and no one would argue. 

But when BG dismantled Chaminade like they were a JV team it made take a step back and say whoa! BG lost to Mater Dei barely and dismantled every other team they played. Same with MD and SJB. They were just on another level. 

Chaminade to me would behind MC and STA in the final standings. I bet BG would beat most states number 3 team pretty bad too. 

I don’t think MC was as dominant as the top 3 teams in the country. I would say SJB is top dog and deserving of the MNC, and I think BG and MD are right behind in the rankings. 

Those 3 are in a class by themselves and then I would have teams like Miami Central, Duncanville, North Shore, Mill Creek and Hughes in the next tier

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is such a silly excuse.

"We can't have one of our teams play one more game before Christmas because of basketball and wrestling!"

That's not the excuse. It's more about lining up with the not practicing/playing out of season rules and a team having an unfair advantage in that regard. The state associations have a start and end to the seasons. No one sport is treated any differently than the others. The line of thinking is if they allow one exception then that opens up Pandora Box for whatever. Really until the NFHS gets on board with post season and MNC stuff the state associations will stick to the end of the season being the state championships. 

23 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I believe SJB is the MNC because all year anyone who had an opinion on the matter had Miami Central and Chaminade as consensus top 3 Florida teams all year. (Along with STA)

Most people had MC and Chaminade 1 and 2. You can flip them and no one would argue. 

The Chaminade hype was always silly. They're basically the same team they always are except they have elite receivers and a top running back. In fact they were much worse defensively this year than they were last year and yet somehow people rated them higher.

👇

On 8/29/2022 at 7:52 AM, Atticus Finch said:

Chaminade will inevitably let down their newly found bandwagon of fans. The same reason they found themselves down double digits to Highland last year and almost blew a 4 TD lead to St. John's is the reason they'll stumble somewhere along the line.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

😄

Bill Castle has an inflated record because he only gets to the STA game when he has undefeated/best-teams-in-school-history.

We saw what happened 2008 when Lakeland won a bunch of close games and sorta backed their way into the state game. They got annihilated.

This year's team is closer to 2008 than any of their other championship teams.

The names Bill Castle/Lakeland makes Aquinas folk crap their pants, so go to bathroom and wipe your butt kid.

The 2022 Dreadnaughts are par with the 2006 Dreadnaughts that had Castle Jr under center.

48 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

But when BG dismantled Chaminade like they were a JV team it made take a step back and say whoa! BG lost to Mater Dei barely and dismantled every other team they played. Same with MD and SJB. They were just on another level. 

Chaminade to me would behind MC and STA in the final standings. I bet BG would beat most states number 3 team pretty bad too. 

I don’t think MC was as dominant as the top 3 teams in the country. I would say SJB is top dog and deserving of the MNC, and I think BG and MD are right behind in the rankings. 

Those 3 are in a class by themselves and then I would have teams like Miami Central, Duncanville, North Shore, Mill Creek and Hughes in the next tier

That is the way I saw it also . MD and Bosco are on another level . BG was damn good also. Should have played STA instead of Chaminade

4 minutes ago, PCGridiron said:

The names Bill Castle/Lakeland makes Aquinas folk crap their pants, so go to bathroom and wipe your butt kid.

Whenever I see a notification from you I can be guaranteed that it will contain no substance.

A common feature of any Lakeland fan is an angry bitterness that comes with the fact that you always have to get your ink off someone else. 2022 is no different. Went 14-0 and not a single person gives a shit.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

😄

Bill Castle has an inflated record because he only gets to the STA game when he has undefeated/best-teams-in-school-history.

We saw what happened 2008 when Lakeland won a bunch of close games and sorta backed their way into the state game. They got annihilated.

This year's team is closer to 2008 than any of their other championship teams.

False. This is a different kind of team, and vastly superior. The offense underachieved at times, but had the pieces to move the ball on anyone. Defensively, let's put it this way: STA is 2-6 lifetime vs. Lakeland. This defense is *significantly* better than any of the defenses you've faced. The defense is good enough to keep them in the game against anyone.  

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

STA is 2-6 lifetime vs. Lakeland. 

👇

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

Objectively true.

There isn't a single year in history where STA could've played Lakeland in the playoffs but didn't.

Years where Lakeland could've played STA in the playoffs but wasn't good enough:

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Objectively true.

There isn't a single year in history where STA could've played Lakeland in the playoffs but didn't.

Years where Lakeland could've played STA in the playoffs but wasn't good enough:

A fair analysis would include the years they didn't play because they couldn't play, as well as years like 2009 and 2017, when it would've been a draw.  And, playoffs are more about match ups, as well as the sometimes random road games where an undefeated team travels.  A team can be upset, and knocked out of the playoffs, yet still have the capability to beat teams that play in later rounds.

Regardless, my point about the 2022 defense remains, and is a problem for anyone who might have faced this team. You can look at all of the teams vying for a MNC this year and not one of them has a WR group that would figure to win their match ups consistently. How would your QB fare when he's looking at blanketed WRs every play? Lakeland would have to avoid the backbreaking penalties that plagued them this season. If they did that, no team would blow them out this year. The 2008 comparison is silly. You were talking out of your ass with that. 

I’m not picking a side on this, but I think anybody that watched the STA state game and the Lakeland state game would have to agree that a game between those teams would be pretty good. I don’t know who would win. Lakeland would probably have to play a more perfect game than St. Thomas, but they could certainly win the game. And vice versa. This is why we need to fix the classes in Florida. We don’t need nine classes. We need six.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

SJB won... 

But they just couldnt resist putting SM and Jserra in the top 110... 

Lol

An example of how the ratings are structurally flawed.

A 5 or 6 loss season in a certain area will usually get you a top 100 rating while a similar season elsewhere won't even get you top #300.

6-6 JSerra = #96

7-5 Orange Lutheran = #97

5-5 Santa Margarita = #203

------------------

6-5 Dillard = #303

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, badrouter said:

A fair analysis would include the years they didn't play because they couldn't play, as well as years like 2009 and 2017, when it would've been a draw. 

I repeat the fact: STA has never failed to meet Lakeland when they had the chance. Lakeland, on the other hand, failed all the time.

This inevitably skews the results.

It would be like saying the New York Giants "own" the New England Patriots because they're 2-0 against them in Super Bowls despite the fact that the Giants failed to get there the other *7 times* the Patriots got there.

• dntn31 changed the title to SJB Unanimous MNC