SJB Unanimous MNC

eddiev

@Nolebull813 Fisher stole your skins on the wall!  😊  wins vs state champs.

At first glance of 5 criteria highlighted, only one to me stands out… the wins over top 300 and even that barometer is fairly weak for a MNC.  A top 100 win tally would make more sense as a minimum, not a max of 300.  

The other 4 criteria resemble insufficient data for it to matter imo.  

Not disagreeing with the choice, just the attempted peel the onion dissection by Fisher.  

0ED06F7A-0ABC-4FA4-8FA3-44ED47B05801.png

“let’s say, Chaminade beats the dog shit out of Bishop Gorman. They have a better claim than anyone at this point. Only because they made the Geico game and central did not. But if they destroy Gorman, then, by analogy, they have to be considered better than both Bosco and MD. They might sneak in if they dominate. “

I’m the dummy that missed the Geico😂

21 minutes ago, 181pl said:

let’s say, Chaminade beats the dog shit out of Bishop Gorman. They have a better claim than anyone at this point. Only because they made the Geico game and central did not. But if they destroy Gorman, then, by analogy, they have to be considered better than both Bosco and MD. They might sneak in if they dominate. 

You do know Chaminade got blown out 49-14 right? 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, 181pl said:

let’s say, Chaminade beats the dog shit out of Bishop Gorman. They have a better claim than anyone at this point. Only because they made the Geico game and central did not. 

Still trying to wrap my head around this one. Pretty sure MC would have been the choice if they weren't otherwise obligated like playing in a State Championship game.. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Unfortunately, the only national championship that Central will get is going to be the one that's faker than a $3 dollar bill and is given out by a con artist.

Aquinas is probably better than MC this season, and the after way Chaminade got pimp slapped by Gorman, we as a state need to sit this one out unfortunately.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

Still trying to wrap my head around this one. Pretty sure MC would have been the choice if they weren't otherwise obligated like playing in a State Championship game.. 🤷‍♂️

Geico needs to go back to week of Christmas. That way FL, TX, Ga could participate. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

After watching the state Games, for FL, I’d go:

1. MC

2. STA

3. AHP

4. Lakeland

5. CM

CM hurt by blowout loss on Gormans home field.

I know CM edged AHP in the regular season but AHP looked damned talented against MC.

1. MC defense outside of Bain is seriously overrated, good/decent teams had easy times scoring on them

2. CM is pretty much who I thought they were.

3. Bill Castle owns Aquinas and with the defense he has this year it would be another 10-14 point W.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Not with their QB. Homestead make him look avg

I love people who watch one game all year and then determine that a QB isn't good enough to beat (insert team) even though.....(checks notes).....they went undefeated and won every game by 2 or more scores.

Against Homestead he started 3-for-3 and then missed his next 7 throws before halftime. Then in the second half he was 7-for-8. He had a bad 1.5 quarters. Otherwise he was good.

21 minutes ago, PCGridiron said:

3. Bill Castle owns Aquinas 

😄

Bill Castle has an inflated record because he only gets to the STA game when he has undefeated/best-teams-in-school-history.

We saw what happened 2008 when Lakeland won a bunch of close games and sorta backed their way into the state game. They got annihilated.

This year's team is closer to 2008 than any of their other championship teams.

• dntn31 changed the title to SJB Unanimous MNC