Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Valdosta got too much room to be building like it's L.A... 

Especially going North and out towards the Echols County line... 

Sounds like they need some better land surveys. 

When I was down there visiting my mom a week ago I saw the new subdivisions they threw up near Moody AFB and the new Valdosta HS Building... 

Nice looking Houses but they most certainly seem like they're stacked on top of each other almost... 

Thomasville is getting the same way... 

I know with Camden County for the longest time it was standing still in terms of growth. 

But something happend in 2017 and it just never looked back... 

Camden right now is sitting at around 65K up from 44K in under 6-7 years... 

Personally I do like Saint Marys and the way it's growing... 

I'm trying to get to Gwinnett before I get priced out... 

Exactly barely any yards and all that land is swamp land that they barely covered with dirt. When it rains heavily those houses will have rain and swamp water flooding inside. They also threw up two new sets of apartments. One out the moody way and the other in the middle of nowhere near a junkyard. Then the prices. It's cheaper to stay in gated communities in Valdosta than it is to get in one of the new apartments or houses.

10 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Yeah never ever stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Buckead section(very swanky area) of Atlanta. It was like a Motel 6 

I've stayed there year before last and while not the Intercontinental or the Grand Hyatt one block over, it was pretty decent.

9 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Who would want to live there

6 million in the Metro area and growing fast.  6th largest metro area in the nation.  People leaving New York and California for GA.  While up, housing is still cheap compared to those markets.  Growing downtown, nice suburbs, an hour or so to a major lake or two, hour and a half to the mountains, 5-6 hours to either the Atlantic or Gulf coasts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Are there many gay bars in Atlanta?

There are.  Atlanta has a strong LGBTQ... community.  They are downtown and fewer ones in the burbs which isn't really surprising.  Whatever floats your boat can be found here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Oh, I’m not gay either, I’m just curious!

I would go to various parts of the state. But I really want to go to THE Georgia 🇬🇪 

I've been there and it is a great place.  I was standing in the polls when they voted for the first time in 70 years back in 1990 while it was still the USSR.  That's something you don't forget.  We take our voting so casually here as compared to so many other countries.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

I’ll have to check it out. I enjoy that kind of diversity 

Gwinnett is the most diverse in GA and one of the most diverse in the country.  It is Majority Minority.

Race Population % of Total Population
White 377,684 39.43%
Black or African American 272,622 28.46%
American Indian and Alaska Native 4,487 0.47%
Asian 122,104 12.75%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 643 0.07%
Some other race 91,331 9.53%
Two or more races (multiracial) 89,106 9.30%
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fred said:

I've been there and it is a great place.  I was standing in the polls when they voted for the first time in 70 years back in 1990 while it was still the USSR.  That's something you don't forget.  We take our voting so casually here as compared to so many other countries.

I agree! And I’ve heard the bbq there is phenomenal. And the Georgian language is fascinating (and difficult)! 

44 minutes ago, Fred said:

6 million in the Metro area and growing fast.  6th largest metro area in the nation.  People leaving New York and California for GA.  While up, housing is still cheap compared to those markets.  Growing downtown, nice suburbs, an hour or so to a major lake or two, hour and a half to the mountains, 5-6 hours to either the Atlantic or Gulf coasts.

6 million is more than I thought! I imagine it’s getting quite dense there!

What I want to most explore in the state is the food! 

56 minutes ago, Fred said:

You would be wrong.  Where is it you call home?

He's from Texas... 

Personally I have nothing against TX... 

The aunt that raised me left Tifton After I graduated and moved to the outskirts of Houston... not far from Katy actually.... 

That being said I'm not a fan of Houston as a city... 

I like the Dallas Area a lot more... 

Denton,Plano and Allen are pretty nice...  

I will say though an area of TX that has so much potential is Lubbock and Amarillo... 

Lubbock is like a Utopia in the middle of No damn where though... 

5 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

What I want to most explore in the state is the food! 

There are lots of great food options.  With all the immigrants, there are a plethora of possibilities and then we can talk about Southern cooking.  Food so good your eyes roll back in your head.  Let's just say I don't need any padding for my seasonal job! 😁

Every state has its beauty and ugly side... 

Even Mississippi... 

Mississippi  has a very rough Corruption problem though... 

Money isn't going where it's needed unless you live in Brandon or Ocean Springs somewhere... 

But there's a few states I've been to since I've started this job that just blow me away... 

I had to stay/work in New Hampshire for 2 weeks a few months ago... 

Man NH is something Amazing... 

Only downside is it is not friendly to single income people... 

NH is E X P E N S I V E 

15 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

For the life of me I thought you where in Acworth or the North Cobb Area somewhere...  

Got me confused Brother. We just some po’ messicans tryna get by. 

Iff’n you’re familiar with Marietta I’m about half way between the big chicken and Sprayberry high school. We are closer to Sprayberry, Walton, Pope, Lassiter, Wheeler than we are Marietta, but the zones here are what they are and we are zoned to be Blue Devils. Honestly with the International Baccalaureate Program it’s worked out best for my kids. 

Where are you at? 

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Got me confused Brother. We just some po’ messicans tryna get by. 

Iff’n you’re familiar with Marietta I’m about half way between the big chicken and Sprayberry high school. We are closer to Sprayberry, Walton, Pope, Lassiter, Wheeler than we are Marietta, but the zones here are what they are and we are zoned to be Blue Devils. Honestly with the International Baccalaureate Program it’s worked out best for my kids. 

Where are you at? 

I'm in Hampton down in Henry County. 

Not  far from I-75,the Coweta or Spalding  county line. 

I'm out in a neighborhood near the Chevron station,Truck stop and the railroad tracks.  

I rent a home one of my uncles owns.

Nice place but it's honestly too big for me by myself...

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'm in Hampton down in Henry County. 

Not  far from I-75,the Coweta or Spalding  county line. 

I'm out in a neighborhood near the Chevron station,Truck stop and the railroad tracks.  

I rent a home one of my uncles owns.

Nice place but it's honestly too big for me by myself...

Gotcha. If you wanna move up here mine will probably be on the market next year this time. 

On 8/22/2024 at 9:09 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

He's from Texas... 

Personally I have nothing against TX... 

The aunt that raised me left Tifton After I graduated and moved to the outskirts of Houston... not far from Katy actually.... 

That being said I'm not a fan of Houston as a city... 

I like the Dallas Area a lot more... 

Denton,Plano and Allen are pretty nice...  

I will say though an area of TX that has so much potential is Lubbock and Amarillo... 

Lubbock is like a Utopia in the middle of No damn where though... 

Not much to do though in Dallas, in my opinion. More to offer and do in Austin. 

Any recommendations?

22 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Not much to do though in Dallas, in my opinion. More to offer and do in Austin. 

Any recommendations?

I've been through Austin but never stopped to take in the culture or anything... 

I got an Ex from Dallas.... 

And I've made the unfortunate drive from Dallas (Which is never not under construction by the way...) to Houston before... 

Furthest drive I've ever made by myself is from Atlanta to Long Beach,CA and I'll never do it again... 

People in Cali can't drive for shit... 

They make FL drivers look like the world's safest... 

That aside... 

If there's a city that overtakes Atlanta as fastest growing metro in the South it will probably be Austin... 

Atlanta has surpassed D.C,Miami Beach/South FL as a whole,Philadelphia and Phoenix to become the 6th largest metro in the country... 

As @HooverOutlaw stated in about 3-4 more years a combined 75-85% of the state will be apart of Metro Atlanta or Metro Savannah... 

Hell a small portion of Alabama,Tennessee and NC are considered apart of Metro Atlanta... 

there's parts of AL and TN that use GA Phone numbers and zip codes... 

Thing with Austin is Austin has a large population within its city limits and a smaller metro. 

Atlanta is not as large as Austin in terms of City limits population... 

I think Austin is pushing like 3 mil in the city proper? 

Atlanta city proper is like 600K... HOWEVER... 

Atlanta is a spread out city. Everything's not slammed on top of each other... 

You can go to the mall in Atlanta proper near downtown and go 15 miles north and still be in Atlanta proper it's very spacious and that's why the metro is also so damn huge... 

Atlanta is also not entirely within Fulton County... a small portion is in Dekalb county... 

On 8/23/2024 at 1:14 PM, Sweetlarry said:

Gotcha. If you wanna move up here mine will probably be on the market next year this time. 

I'm still thinking on it... 

I've narrowed my list down significantly though. 

If I stay in the Atlanta area I'm either gonna stay here,Try to make a move to Gwinnett or Cobb. 

Otherwise Ima head down to Saint Marys or Warner Robins...