Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

@Fred @Ga96 @SeaShells21@HooverOutlaw @Cossacks @HurricaneNick @FreeBird @I AM IRONMAN  @JCGIIIWe got a lot of Non-Metro Atlanta counties making the Fastest growing places list too... 

Georgia overall is sitting in the top 3 fastest growing states: 

South GA: 

Chatham county,GA-Savannah,GA-Tybee Island,GA sit in the Top 15 fastest growing places currently. 

Effingham County,GA is apart of the Northern Savannah Metro and is right outside the top 15 at #17. 

Bryan County,GA-Richmond Hills,GA is sitting inside the top 25 as well... also a suburb of Savannah. 

Lowndes County,GA-Valdosta,GA is sitting in the top 25 since 2020 it has seen a 16.6% population  spike.

Camden County,GA-Saint Mary's,GA has also seen a massive spike in population growth and hasn't slowed down at all. Camden forms part of the Jacksonville,FL-Fernandina Beach,FL-Saint Mary's,GA Metro Area also sits in the top 30 fastest growing areas. Fun Fact: the King's Bay Naval Base in Camden County is home to 3 of the most lethal War Ready Submarines known to man the Dreaded Black Sea Wolves. They are capable of launching nuclear warheads and Hellstorm Tomahawks... and are outfitted with them. 

Thomas County,GA-Thomasville,GA Forms part of the Tallahassee,FL-Bainbridge,GA-Thomasville,GA Metro area. The city is a literal stones throw from Tallahassee you can work in Tallahassee or attend FSU and stay in GA. (Thomasville is cheaper than Tallahassee... though Idk how much longer that will remain Thomasville is a Nice community and its exploding in size and a lot of Floridians are doing exactly what I mentioned working in Tallahassee and living in Thomasville or Bainbridge where you can still find nice places to rent under $1000).

Coffee County-Douglas,GA has surpassed Tift County and is currently #88 in the country in amount of growth and rate of growth. 2020 it was sitting at 36,355 now it is at 42,783 while Tift County sits at 41,838. 

Colquitt County,GA-Moultrie,GA is sitting in the top 100 as well. (Everytime I pass through Colquitt there's a new subdivision  being thrown up or a new business Plaza opening up. They just opened up a massive ass Laser tag arena and movie theater. And heard they where working on a new Mall out on U.S 319). 

Tift County-Slow and steady wins the race I guess... but it's getting there. 

Lee County-Really surprised me but Lee is getting up there. But also Buster Posey has put money back into Leesburg,GA and Has gotten some business partners to take notice and invest  in the community as well Lee County in under 5 years has jumped from a population of 18,881 to 30,914 nearly doubled... 

Middle GA: 

Now Middle GA is the usual suspects... 

So much of Middle GA is just River-Wetlands... the Ocmulgee River,Altamaha and Oconee River splits Middle GA up unfairly. 

But: 

Houston County-Warner Robins,GA and Perry,GA are inside the top 15 with Chatham County-Savannah,GA. It's also home to one of the largest Air Force bases in North America. Personal Experience... you don't get used to the Sonic booms from Fighter jets being deployed or running test runs... but getting to see Stealth Bombers in person is awesome...  it's getting hard to find places there under 1000 though... Warner Robins has become a place of both Business and Pleasure. 

Macon-Bibb county,GA was for awhile declining rapidly but something flipped... and 2 words is all I got to say MERCER MONEY and now businesses are starting to comeback bringing in jobs. 

Peach county- a Bedroom community for both Macon and Warner Robins... Don't wanna deal with the hustle and Bustle of the much larger cities next door... go low and slow in Fort Valley. 

I'll save you the boring details but it's the same exact thing for Baldwin County-Milledgeville,GA. 

North GA: 

Just gonna keep it simple... 99% of North GA is considered Metro Atlanta... 

Only one that's non-Atlanta is Columbia County which is Metro Augusta. 

So I'm not gonna bother... 

But Gwinnett County,Jackson County,Henry County,Cobb County,Forsyth County,Fayette County,Clarke County,Walton county and Troup County are all Way up in the rankings... 

• Like 3

The funny thing with Chatham County,Camden County and Effingham County most of the people moving there have not been Georgians... 

But alot of the demographics and census shows a lot of Californian and New Yorkers moving in to the counties... 

Now I have to go down to Camden County every other Weekend just about because Saint Mary's and Fernandina  Beach are 2 of my regular routes I run so I'm some what familiar with the area... 

And I lived in Savannah for awhile as Kid and an adult... 

When I was living down there on my own my neighbors to the left where from California. It was a young couple they where from San Bernandino. 

But they weren't the only Californians  I met... 

Also some Hollywood celebs have summer homes on Tybee Island so much so to the point where you better not get caught walking or Even U-turning in the fancy neighborhoods  if you don't live there... 

Camden County is where the Northerners are going it's alot of jobs down in Camden... especially on the Naval base... 

I just wish Camden wasn't so damn far outta the way... 

Even for the HSFB teams: 

Colquitt County and Tift County are 3 hours and a half away from the  Camden County line. 

Lee County IS 4 and half from the Camden County line. 

Lowndes County is 3 hours on the dot. 

Richmond Hills is in the same part of GA as Camden (Coastal-Atlantic plains,GA)  and is still 2h 15 minutes to the County line. 

Then they had the balls to make Lee County @ Camden a Thursday region/Conference game one year... 💀 

Nothing like losing that game... then getting blasted with the smell of the Atlantic as you take the walk of shame back to the bus... 

Despite all of that Camden is one of the cleanest and most beautiful counties in the state... they take litering very serious. 

Mostly due to the fact a gentle breeze will have your trash in the ocean. 

The way the Ocean and the Saint Marys river runs in and splits up Camden County has created some beautiful natural scenery... 

@SeaShells21There's also a Ton of dolphins and eagles in Camden County... like a lot... 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fred said:

There are garage fires every day with ICE based cars and trucks.  It most definitely is not unique to EVs.

A good friend of mine bought a Fisker Ocean earlier this year.  

Shame he didn’t have a small fire that would just total his ride from the start.  

The pricing discussed on the final 3000+ remaining vehicles, I read was $14,000 each.  
Pretty sure my friend paid well over 50K.  😮 

IMG_0941.jpeg

On 7/11/2024 at 6:36 AM, golfaddict1 said:

European Fanta is the good stuff.  Not nearly as sweet and good carbonation.  

Too bad the USA version sucks.  

#preboardingthoughts 

How’s NYC treating you @ChimpGrip

It was so so busy! But I got to go inside the Chrysler Building (my favorite building in NYC and the world) and even went to Spark’s Steakhouse (mob history spot) and so much more! More to come about my second NY trip!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

It was so so busy! But I got to go inside the Chrysler Building (my favorite building in NYC and the world) and even went to Spark’s Steakhouse (mob history spot) and so much more! More to come about my second NY trip!

Oh yea, that’s right…
Paul Castellano (Gambino hit).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@Fred @Ga96 @SeaShells21@HooverOutlaw @Cossacks @HurricaneNick @FreeBird @I AM IRONMAN  @JCGIIIWe got a lot of Non-Metro Atlanta counties making the Fastest growing places list too... 

Georgia overall is sitting in the top 3 fastest growing states: 

South GA: 

Chatham county,GA-Savannah,GA-Tybee Island,GA sit in the Top 15 fastest growing places currently. 

Effingham County,GA is apart of the Northern Savannah Metro and is right outside the top 15 at #17. 

Bryan County,GA-Richmond Hills,GA is sitting inside the top 25 as well... also a suburb of Savannah. 

Lowndes County,GA-Valdosta,GA is sitting in the top 25 since 2020 it has seen a 16.6% population  spike.

Camden County,GA-Saint Mary's,GA has also seen a massive spike in population growth and hasn't slowed down at all. Camden forms part of the Jacksonville,FL-Fernandina Beach,FL-Saint Mary's,GA Metro Area also sits in the top 30 fastest growing areas. Fun Fact: the King's Bay Naval Base in Camden County is home to 3 of the most lethal War Ready Submarines known to man the Dreaded Black Sea Wolves. They are capable of launching nuclear warheads and Hellstorm Tomahawks... and are outfitted with them. 

Thomas County,GA-Thomasville,GA Forms part of the Tallahassee,FL-Bainbridge,GA-Thomasville,GA Metro area. The city is a literal stones throw from Tallahassee you can work in Tallahassee or attend FSU and stay in GA. (Thomasville is cheaper than Tallahassee... though Idk how much longer that will remain Thomasville is a Nice community and its exploding in size and a lot of Floridians are doing exactly what I mentioned working in Tallahassee and living in Thomasville or Bainbridge where you can still find nice places to rent under $1000).

Coffee County-Douglas,GA has surpassed Tift County and is currently #88 in the country in amount of growth and rate of growth. 2020 it was sitting at 36,355 now it is at 42,783 while Tift County sits at 41,838. 

Colquitt County,GA-Moultrie,GA is sitting in the top 100 as well. (Everytime I pass through Colquitt there's a new subdivision  being thrown up or a new business Plaza opening up. They just opened up a massive ass Laser tag arena and movie theater. And heard they where working on a new Mall out on U.S 319). 

Tift County-Slow and steady wins the race I guess... but it's getting there. 

Lee County-Really surprised me but Lee is getting up there. But also Buster Posey has put money back into Leesburg,GA and Has gotten some business partners to take notice and invest  in the community as well Lee County in under 5 years has jumped from a population of 18,881 to 30,914 nearly doubled... 

Middle GA: 

Now Middle GA is the usual suspects... 

So much of Middle GA is just River-Wetlands... the Ocmulgee River,Altamaha and Oconee River splits Middle GA up unfairly. 

But: 

Houston County-Warner Robins,GA and Perry,GA are inside the top 15 with Chatham County-Savannah,GA. It's also home to one of the largest Air Force bases in North America. Personal Experience... you don't get used to the Sonic booms from Fighter jets being deployed or running test runs... but getting to see Stealth Bombers in person is awesome...  it's getting hard to find places there under 1000 though... Warner Robins has become a place of both Business and Pleasure. 

Macon-Bibb county,GA was for awhile declining rapidly but something flipped... and 2 words is all I got to say MERCER MONEY and now businesses are starting to comeback bringing in jobs. 

Peach county- a Bedroom community for both Macon and Warner Robins... Don't wanna deal with the hustle and Bustle of the much larger cities next door... go low and slow in Fort Valley. 

I'll save you the boring details but it's the same exact thing for Baldwin County-Milledgeville,GA. 

North GA: 

Just gonna keep it simple... 99% of North GA is considered Metro Atlanta... 

Only one that's non-Atlanta is Columbia County which is Metro Augusta. 

So I'm not gonna bother... 

But Gwinnett County,Jackson County,Henry County,Cobb County,Forsyth County,Fayette County,Clarke County,Walton county and Troup County are all Way up in the rankings... 

Can't speak on other places but what I've seen and heard from those moving into the Lowndes County/ Valdosta area most have moved in from florida after the property tax hikes, rent hikes, and losing medical coverage. Out of the rest most moved due to gun violence. 

Even for the HSFB teams: 

Colquitt County and Tift County are 3 hours and a half away from the  Camden County line. 

Richmond Hills is in the same part of GA as Camden (Coastal-Atlantic plains,GA)  and is still 2h 15 minutes to the County line. 

Then they had the balls to make Lee County @ Camden a Thursday region/Conference game one year... 💀 

Nothing like losing that game... then getting blasted with the smell of the Atlantic as you take the walk of shame back to the bus... 

Despite all of that Camden is one of the cleanest and most beautiful counties in the state... they take litering very serious. 

The way the Ocean and the Saint Marys river runs in and splits up Camden County has created some beautiful natural scenery... 

@SeaShells21There's also a Ton of dolphins and eagles in Camden County... like a lot... 

There will be a new high school sooner or later in the Valdosta area probably out past Moody. It'll start off as probably a 3A school and expand until it's 1 class under Lowndes and Valdosta. The bulk with be Lowndes area kids. The two areas they are looking at are like I said out past Moody or out in the sticks of Lowndes county like the Lake Park area. I lean towards it being the Moody area. There will also be new district lines. The problem at the moment is voting. The reps try to squeeze the city into as few districts as possible and completely surround it by county but eventually that will have to give. Last time it happened was when the current Lowndes high school was built on Norman. That was back in the 60s. 

Even for the HSFB teams: 

I hate to say it being a lowndes alumni but with mess we have coaching there is a good chance tift beats us in football this season.

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

My next NYC visit, I need to see the Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti cover buildings at 96 and 98 St. Mark’s Place.  

That would be beyond cool! One thing I notice about NYC, you see people from everywhere! I heard at least 10 languages this past weekend! I think I could even wear heels in NY!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

That would be beyond cool! One thing I notice about NYC, you see people from everywhere! I heard at least 10 languages this past weekend! I think I could even wear heels in NY!

I hope you saw plenty of East Asian women in nice summer attire.  I also hope that mention is PC.  

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

I used to work at the Grace building…white building, black windows, sloped outward at the bottom…right across from Bryant park.  

Oh the views during a dirty water dog lunch in spring/ summer 😍😍😍

Wow, what was that like (working in NYC)? Did you take the subways daily? It just seems like it would be so stressful to work and live in NYC, but maybe I feel that because of being stressed thinking about other things while walking the streets of NYC on vacation. 

I think Battery Park (I believe it’s called) is beautiful. Clean, no trash. Buildings look incredible. Views are nice. 53rd though in Mid-town is probably another favorite area of mine. I want to see Tribeca next time. I saw Central Park too. 

• Like 1