Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

On 6/25/2024 at 3:31 AM, SeaShells21 said:

I would like to buy used and stay with a brand that is reliable. For instance, I have had Toyota, and Nissan vehicles before, and even though they are hand-me-down cars and are well over 30 and 20+ years old; they have both ran phenomenally but they’re also starting to become a headache breaking down.

I would like to stick with Nissan and Toyota.

I am not opposed to owning a truck either. Just not one I need to rock climb to get into, more like a Frontier or a Tacoma.

Both quality brands long term, from family and friends experiences.  

You’re off to a good start.  👍🏻 

Budget would be next step and then you should be able to narrow your search to specific models and years from the two Japanese brands.  

Depending how handy you are or if you have someone handy to assist you with general repairs, this can also dictate your decision on where to buy used and what year to buy.  

My suggestion (if possible) would be to buy a certified vehicle.  It will cost you more this way, but you will have more peace of mind. 

If you have a contact that is in the know with checking cars for typical issues, bring him/her to inspect and test drive… especially if you are buying without any warranty.  

Once you have some models/years/mileage to choose from, I can look at current pricing, the history of the model’s reliability and see the trend of model pricing in recent months, preferably moving downward.  

Wife and I drove nearly 2 hours to a dealership that had the model, year, mileage, color, options and warranty that we desired.   

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2024 at 9:27 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Budget would be next step and then you should be able to narrow your search to specific models and years from the two Japanese brands.  

Depending how handy you are or if you have someone handy to assist you with general repairs, this can also dictate your decision on where to buy used and what year to buy.  

My suggestion (if possible) would be to buy a certified vehicle.  It will cost you more this way, but you will have more peace of mind. 

If you have a contact that is in the know with checking cars for typical issues, bring him/her to inspect and test drive… especially if you are buying without any warranty.  

Once you have some models/years/mileage to choose from, I can look at current pricing, the history of the model’s reliability and see the trend of model pricing in recent months, preferably moving downward.  

Wife and I drove nearly 2 hours to a dealership that had the model, year, mileage, color, options and warranty that we desired.   

@SeaShells21 just received an email today and wanted to share some typical headline links this go around.  

https://www.realcartips.com/

IMG_0391.png

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2024 at 2:27 AM, golfaddict1 said:

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@SeaShells21 just received an email today and wanted to share some typical headline links this go around.  

https://www.realcartips.com/

IMG_0391.png

Thank you !

This will help me 

14 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Thank you !

This will help me 

My pleasure to assist.  

My fav part is when the model is chosen and price negotiations begin.  

Not many times in life where you can negotiate a price on a purchase … and for analytical freaks like myself, it’s enjoyable. 😂 

• Haha 1