J. Edgar Hoover was black?

Wildcat Will

Genealogy Records May Indicate that J. Edgar Hoover Was African-American

WAS FOUNDING FBI DIRECTOR J. EDGAR HOOVER AN AFRICAN-AMERICAN MAN?

BY NICOLE MARIE MELTON · UPDATED OCTOBER 28, 2020

Nearly 40 years after the death of founding FBI director J. Edgar Hoover, research may reveal that the crime fighting bureau chief was actually African-American according to “The Washington Post.”

“My grandfather told me that this powerful man, Edgar, was his second cousin, and was passing for white,” says Millie McGhee, an African-American relative of Hoover’s. “If we talked about this, [Edgar] was so powerful he could have us all killed. I grew up terrified about all this.”

McGhee began to uncover facts about the possibility of Hoover’s Black ethnicity after she dug through altered court records, conducted oral interviews with both white and Black Hoovers and enlisted licensed genealogists who determined that Hoover was indeed a relative of hers.

The mystery of Hoover’s genealogy has become a topic of interest recently due to the the Clint Eastwood film “J. Edgar” released earlier this month. In the film, Eastwood makes no mention of Hoover’s race, much to the chagrin of his Black relatives such as McGhee.

“Since the movie has come out, so many people have asked me why my information about Hoover’s black roots was not included,” said McGhee who has authored two books on the topic, “Secrets Uncovered: J.Edgar Hoover-The Relative” and “Secrets Uncovered : J. Edgar Hoover Passing For White?”

Do you think McGhee’s research on J. Edgar Hoover’s genealogy should have been included in Eastwood’s film?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

Nearly 40 years after the death of founding FBI director J. Edgar Hoover, research may reveal that the crime fighting bureau chief was actually African-American according to “The Washington Post.”

“My grandfather told me that this powerful man, Edgar, was his second cousin, and was passing for white,” says Millie McGhee, an African-American relative of Hoover’s. “If we talked about this, [Edgar] was so powerful he could have us all killed. I grew up terrified about all this.”

McGhee began to uncover facts about the possibility of Hoover’s Black ethnicity after she dug through altered court records, conducted oral interviews with both white and Black Hoovers and enlisted licensed genealogists who determined that Hoover was indeed a relative of hers.

The mystery of Hoover’s genealogy has become a topic of interest recently due to the the Clint Eastwood film “J. Edgar” released earlier this month. In the film, Eastwood makes no mention of Hoover’s race, much to the chagrin of his Black relatives such as McGhee.

“Since the movie has come out, so many people have asked me why my information about Hoover’s black roots was not included,” said McGhee who has authored two books on the topic, “Secrets Uncovered: J.Edgar Hoover-The Relative” and “Secrets Uncovered : J. Edgar Hoover Passing For White?”

Do you think McGhee’s research on J. Edgar Hoover’s genealogy should have been included in Eastwood’s film?

Does anyone really care if Edgar Allen Poe was black or not

16 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

I wouldn't doubt it he was raised to hate black people so he would see it as a miracle to be able to pass off a white. There are pictures of him where he does look mixed. 

Can't take the idiots on here serious they talk down on jussie smollett and love to throw out his blackness and play blind deaf and dumb to the fact he is also white. 

3 hours ago, Ga96 said:

I wouldn't doubt it he was raised to hate black people so he would see it as a miracle to be able to pass off a white. There are pictures of him where he does look mixed. 

Can't take the idiots on here serious they talk down on jussie smollett and love to throw out his blackness and play blind deaf and dumb to the fact he is also white. 

Of course you support jussie smollett, why would u not

4 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I was black, indian, spainard, irish, english and neanderthal...no one cares.....

Trust.

bgw

8 hours ago, Ga96 said:

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2022 at 9:58 PM, Wildcat Will said:

Still a racist moron I see...🤣

Black History Month, Blackface and KKK Garb - Courageous Conversation  Global Foundation

18 hours ago, Ga96 said:

You seem to be having

a bit of difficulty

assigning people

based on skin color

The Root - Unpacking the Racism of Digital Blackface in the Information Age  | Facebook

11 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Using celebrities as a “go to” to bolster your position, is well….😬

Peace ☮️ 

bgw

Bolster my position? Lol on someone being black?  I simply posted a funny clip of Chappell doing a skit on peoples races, 

nothing more nothing less, if you don’t wanna laugh then don’t click the video, it’s not rocket science 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Bolster my position? Lol on someone being black?  I simply posted a funny clip of Chappell doing a skit on peoples races, 

nothing more nothing less, if you don’t wanna laugh then don’t click the video, it’s not rocket science 

Only those with a problem with truth would come back with such a retort. 

Learning hurts.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Didn’t even watch the vid considering the past posting behavior in terms of race. 

My bad, too much pessimism I reckon. 

bgw

Y’all need to loosen up and have a laugh once and a while, life’s way to short to be acting like Sméagol 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Didn’t even watch the vid considering the past posting behavior in terms of race. 

My bad, too much pessimism I reckon. 

bgw

No problem.

I never considered the video. My intent was simply to illicit the thoughts of others on the subject. 

Quite often the topic itself and intent or sentiment of the author gets distorted. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

Y’all need to loosen up and have a laugh once and a while, life’s way to short to be acting like Sméagol 

Speaking for myself, I smile, even tho I hurt, I smile. When it rains, I smile. Sunshine...... I smile.

Smile with the coming of a new day. 

Smile at the end of another day.

More than ample reason yet the world is not peach's and cream. Good and bad exist. Chose to accept both and render yourself NOT vunerable.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

Speaking for myself, I smile, even tho I hurt, I smile. When it rains, I smile. Sunshine...... I smile.

Smile with the coming of a new day. 

Smile at the end of another day.

More than ample reason yet the world is not peach's and cream. Good and bad exist. Chose to accept both and render yourself NOT vunerable.

Lol you complicated